South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

Default New and Unsure....Can You Critique My Menu??

Hi everyone!! My name is Samm and I am on day 4 of the SBD. I have 40lbs to lose and I am excited to be on my way!! I had registered on another support site but no one seems to be posting there - it seems far busier here which is exciting!!

I have decided that I am not weighing myself for the first 2 weeks - I am a person who becomes obsessed with the numbers so I thought I would just avoid the numbers all together....I mean I know approximately where I started.....

I have been doing well so far but today I am feeling a little tired and sluggish...I don't know what is different but definitely feel off.

I am hoping that it is okay if I post my menu for today and maybe someone can tell me if I am missing something;

Breakfast - broccoli and cheese crust less quiche with a V8 and a green tea
Lunch - sloppy joe stuffed pepper with a glass of milk
Dinner - fat free ham with asparagus
Snacks - 2 turkey and cheese roll-ups, hard-boiled egg with hot sauce and 2 peanut butter cookies with a glass of milk

Thank you to anyone who can help!!

Samm

Oh.....I alos joined a gym today!!!!!!!
samm14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226.5/226.5/137

Height: 5'4"

I'm also new to SB. Were the cookies sugar free? Otherwise it looks like a good menu.
GoodnessGracious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #3  

They were the south beach peanut butter cookies - I made them
Old 11-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Its not unusual to have that 'off' sort of feeling when you are first detoxing. Around here it is commonly known as the SBD flu. It will pass in a day or 2.
Adding beans to your menu will help take away that feeling, plus the beans are a great source of fibre that will keep you fuller longer.
You didnt mention any amounts in your menu, but 5 cups of veggies daily is what we strive for on SBD, so you may want to double check the quantities and make sure you are getting enough.
As for the cookies, I would watch the serving size to make sure you are not going over the limit on peanut butter, but that would depend on how big or small you made the cookies.
Your menu looks like a great starting point, just make sure you are eating enough calories daily and you will do wonderfully.

Welcome to the beach!
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #5  

Thanks Lindsay! I am definitely getting enough veg in but I could use some beans.....maybe that 's the missing element!!

As for the PB - I was very careful and followed the recipe so I am hoping I am doing this correctly!

I do feel better today but still a little sluggish - lets see what happens when I add in those beans!

Samm