Old 09-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 139/134.4/125

Height: 5'6

Default Bloated and gassy - without carbs?

I started low carb three days ago and past two days I've had terrible gas and bloating. Is this just my body getting used to a different diet, or am I doing something wrong?

I'm not eating great because I haven't been able to figure out proper meals yet, but for example, here's what I ate today:

2 eggs, 2 mini low carb protein bars, cup of very weak hot chocolate, hummus and cucumber, banana, a wedge of canary melon, roast chicken thighs and salad without dressing (celery, cucumber, lettuce, tomato). The only meal of this was the chicken and salad, the rest was snacks over the day.

I have also had numerous cups of tea and coffee but that's normal. In fact, the only thing not normal about this is the protein bars, which I've never eaten before, but I'm not allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients, though it's more processed than anything I eat normally. Could it be that less fiber than normal caused bloating? I mean, to be honest, my idea of low carb is less "find alternatives" and more "knock the rice/pasta/bread/cake off the plate and eat what's left".

I also find that not eating the bread, pasta, etc. makes me feel empty inside after I've eaten. Not hungry, really, just like, there is space in my stomach and gut, and I'm aware of it. It's not an unpleasant feeling, but it is strange. I never eat until I feel stuffed, but I don't remember feeling like this too many times before.
cacaphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/199/130

Height: 5'4

My guess would be the protein bars. There are probably sugar alcohols in them and a lot of people have problems with that.
Dolly Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/130/125

Height: 5'4" 42 years old

"2 mini low carb protein bars, cup of very weak hot chocolate,banana, a wedge of canary melon"

When I go on LC I don't have fruits until I reach my goal and the only chocolate I have is 85%. Also, try to drink more water and take magnesium before you go to bed, that should help.

I usually avoid snacks, just lunch and dinner. It is easier this way for me. Big salad with olive oil and chicken or turkey for lunch. Baked salmon or BBQ steak with veggies for dinner. I do not have breakfast.

Good luck!
onthedietagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #4  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I figure it's the bars too, maybe the hummus? Hummus really gets me.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #5  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

I dont see a whole lot of other things besides carbs in there. Are you pairing your carbs I.e fruit, etc with protein or fat?? That might help and its probably the protein bar.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote