Old 11-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #1  
I love my life

S/C/G: 425/ 425/ 250

Height: 6'3"

Talking New to the forum and a lot to lose.

New to the forum and just getting started. A little about me I am 425 lbs 6'3" and on a road to better health. Trying to find the right "meal plan" for me and find exercise that is as fun as it is hard.
LuvinWifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

Welcome aboard! I hope you'll look around and chime in. Very supportive people here...don't be afraid to ask!
JaneDeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #3  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

HI luvin,

Hope your finding your way around. Did you find a plan that works for you? I hope you did. What always works for me is counting calories. I know some people are not wired that way so you have to find what's best for you. Good luck..

Last edited by sassyangies; 11-10-2013 at 11:49 AM.
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #4  
I love my life

S/C/G: 425/ 425/ 250

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneDeaux View Post
Welcome aboard! I hope you'll look around and chime in. Very supportive people here...don't be afraid to ask!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyangies View Post
HI luvin,

Hope your finding your way around. Did you find a plan that works for you? I hope you did. What always works for me is counting calories. I know some people are not wired that way so you have to find what's best for you. Good luck..
I am, I've had a busy week of work. I am trying to get into counting calories. I got the my fitness pal app. I sometimes just get caught up in the day and forget to add. I am also going back to being a vegetarian/ pescatarian. I at least felt better eating like that weather I dropped weight or not.
LuvinWifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #5  

When I first started to lose weight and hadn't met with my nutritionist yet, I started by eliminating soda and obviously unhealthy snacks (chips, cake, etc.) and adding in more chicken and vegetables. I also started out with small bouts of physical activity to increase my endurance.

These small changes got the ball rolling and I got addicted to my healthy eating and getting my exercise in. I couldn't believe when I lost my first 10lbs, it was a miracle. It turned into losing 150lbs in 10 months and now I'm more or less maintaining as I haven't dedicated myself to losing more. The important thing is that I know what and how to eat now and will never ever gain this weight back.

I wish you the best of luck. My experience is nothing short of a miracle and if I can do it, anyone can.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #6  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

I hope you're finding exercise you enjoy, too, as you said you wanted to. I struggled for years with not finding exercise that was right for me. I enjoy walking, but only outdoors (not on a treadmill or track), and of course weather sometimes makes that challenging, so I had a hard time getting really regular about exercise.

What helped me finally start to enjoy exercise I could do indoors was to start trying things I didn't think I could do but that sounded like fun (using DVDs; I'm not a go-to-the-gym kinda gal). I modified however much was necessary, and over time I get closer and closer to "really" doing what I'm trying to do.

Things I've tried and enjoyed: kickboxing, tai chi, yoga, salsa dancing, ballet.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #7  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Luvin,

I also came to 3FC with a lot of weight to lose (starting at 470) I hope you just keep hanging in there. I have had lots of ups and downs. I have had to learn to be content with progress and not perfection.

Best,

D
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote