View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #105
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
How are you doing on those jeans? I cannot wait to be a point where I am comfortable wearing them because as I got heavier over the years, I gave them up.

As one of the over 50's, I spent last week taking care of myself. After hearing of a third family member to have melanoma, I made an appointment for a physical, one for a dermatologist to check my entire body for anything (unfortunately the COMPLETE body), mammogram, dentist appointment.

I know that when I was heavier, I was embarrassed to see the doctors because I was ashamed of my weight and did not want to get talked to. I cannot say I like going any better, but because I know I am taking care of myself, I am doing it all.
Hey thanks for asking. I wore them to Costco today to stock up on veggies & salad. I'm shocked when I see my reflection in the freezer it really me? I went through all the medical stuff last month...physical, colonoscopy, mammogram, bone scan & blood work. Good test results on all. Maybe next year, I'll hit up the dermatologist. It's important to do the preventative exams & more importantly to make yourself a priority!