Old 11-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #1  

Default Red Team Fall into Fitness Chat Thread Week 7 (11/18/13 - 11/24/13)

Hi Red team thought I would post your week 7 threads so you can start using them.

I hope you all had a great week 6 and are ready for the week ahead.

Not sure about SuperHeorTeacher (Darcey) have any of you heard from her. I am really hoping that everything is okay. In the mean time chat away and keep up your losses.

Doing great
Old 11-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Red Team !

Hope everyone is doing well. I am currently on the road for the rest of the week and realized there is no access to the weekly totals spreadsheet on this computer. The numbers will be posted as soon as possible.

Have a great week 7 all !!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Thank you Leslie!

I really hope she's okay.

The scale hates me. It's barely budged for almost two weeks now. I think it's mostly because of hormones, it did this in February before I fell off the wagon. This time however I'm not going to let it get to me. I feel great, I'm working out, and I know for a fact I'm eating better. I'm going to continue doing so despite my body's resistance to dropping water or fat or whatever the problem is. It'll come off when it comes off I guess! I've lost 2 inches off my waist, 1 off my arms, and tons off my legs. My clothes fit better, I have more energy, and the working out has given me more stamina. I'll take those improvements over a stupid number on the scale any day!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #4  

Leslie and Bigmid, thank you so muh for helping us with these threads.

FickleHeart, you are right, you can't just base your success on the scale. I learned after I lost about 70 pounds that I stopped loosing for a while. Everyone kept commenting "are you STILL loosing"? I wasn't but my body was distributing what I had lost. It was interesting. So just hang in there and if you consistently exercise and eat healthy your body will respond. The scale weight is not the ONLY way our bodies respond though, it is just one of the areas we can detect the changes.

Have a good week and thanks again Bigmid and Leslie.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Leslie and Bigmid!

Fickle, hang in there. I have fighting the same handful of pounds for over a YEAR. But since I've started working with the trainer, I have dropped a size. I get the scale frustration - it's making me a little crazy, too. Focus on what you ARE achieving, and try to remember the scale is only 1 way to measure progress. And I'll keep telling myself the same thing.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #6  

Hey all!!! I havent been posting here for a while but have always read through the posts and have tried my best to keep my weigh ins updated so that I am still in the challenge...

I really hope things are fine with Darcy.

As for me everything was fine till last week.. I took off last Friday and went for a vaction for the weekend with my school buddies whom I hadnt met in a while and just went out of control with my eating habits..... I have gained over 4.5 lbs in those 3 days and I have my bloat too with TOM round the corner..

I have one more trip planned for this weekend which is still not finalised but I hope I stay on control this weekend.... and some how get back on track.. this gain has thrown me off on my motivation because i had no control on what I ate yesterday after coming back as well

Wish me luck and do send me some motivation butterflies.. need them badly ...

Otherwise hope every one else is doing fine at their end.. Will try to be more active in this space..

Last edited by nlauah; 11-19-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Fickle - I know it is frustrating when the scale won't budge but I think you have the right attitude about it. Keep being healthy and everything else will take care of itself.

nlauah - I wouldn't stress too much I doubt all 4.5 lbs is fat, most of it is probably due to increased sodium. A couple days of eating out can put me up 5 lbs even if I am within my calories.

I have had 2 rough weeks. Personal family issues have thrown me off my game. But I only have 5 weeks until I have to try on wedding dresses so it is crunch time now! I am hoping to be down another 10 lbs before I go dress shopping.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone -- sorry I FORGOT to weigh in AGAIN last weekend. I work a night shift, and sometimes just sleep through the weigh-in time. Need to set an earlier alarm to get it done I guess.

Sounds like some are struggling (and concerned about our leader -- hope everything is okay)......but very THANKfully I have found my way back to low carb land and am losing again. On Monday I got on the scale and weighed 266.5 which is a very very scary number......so I'm back and have had a woosh of weight loss the last 4 (5 at midnight) pounds -- weighed 258.0 today.

I still need to get back on track and get to the gym again.....

everyone hang in and remember to drink your water.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #9  

Well, since I am not doing anything spectacular right this moment on the scale I decided I needed to feel a little motivation and looked back at my first BL challenge in the Spring of 2012. It was the very first Challenge I ever completed in my life and boy was I stoked, just having made it to the end meant so much to me. It still makes me feel good when I hang in there and make it to the end of the Challenge. I have my up weeks and my down weeks but I always lose some over the course of the challenge and those small losses really add up over time. Maybe not fast but they add up. So I took a peak at Spring of 2012 weigh-in. That year I was on the Blue team and I started the challenge at 263 ... That was about 68 pounds ago (depending on what time and day of the week I'm weighing myself LOL) just completing one challenge at a time. Guess I plan on sticking this out to the end and put another notch in my belt for completing another challenge.

It is probably time to think about things I'm thankful for I would like to say I am thankful for the ladies who have worked so hard to keep this challenge going.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Well, I've been super good all week and have logged some heavy hours at the gym. Not a single movement downward on the scale, just some fluctuations upward and the same.

I guess I'll just be happy to maintain this week and next week is T-day, so yeah, no loss for me for a while. Oh well.

Grats Elizabeth on the woosh! I hope the wedding dress shopping goes well Rated. How exciting! I'm almost small enough to fit into mine again

EofAZ - 68 lbs is amazing. Grats! That's a really awesome accomplishment you can be proud of! I tell myself small losses add up too, but sometimes it doesn't really sink in until someone else puts it into perspective. I hope this time next year I can see 68 lbs gone. That's really awesome.

Good luck nlaugh. Tomorrow is my cheat day and considering that being super good all week and last weekend has got me nowhere, I think I'm just going to enjoy a nice meal with friends and not worry so much.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
Old 11-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

I am having a busy week. The scale is moving a little for me. I have been following dolvetts new book and plan since Friday and it is helping I think.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Red Team:

Total Lost: -11.0 lbs (-0.33%)

Red Team Biggest Loser: Novus (-2.8 lbs, -1.63%)

Honorable Mentions:

Riddy (-2.2 lbs, -1.19%)
Iowa Bette (-2.0 lbs, -0.82%)
nightkatt (-2.2 lbs, -0.81%)

Congratulations to all the week 6 losers !

It's been one crazy week and this coming week looks like it will be just as crazy. I still do not have Excel available at home so will do the weekly numbers as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience everyone !
Old 11-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #13  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hello all .. sorry i have been a stranger .. busy times happening and I have only so much time to post at the moment .. but I thought I would check in ... weigh in for me is tomorrow (NZ Monday) so Im not sure if I am looking forward to it or not lol ... Not that I have gone ridiculously off plan ... but I haven't been as strict as I usually have been ... have even had a binge moment .. sigh .. but pulled myself back from that before it took too strong of a hold ... hummm well .. today could have been better lol ..

So I have decided this week is going to be my NSV week .. whatever the scale says tomorrow I am just gonna roll with it cos my NSVs have been the best even .. although one does pertain to the scale lol ..

1 - I am now at my lowest weight in 11 years!
2 - I am getting into a great routine at the gym and actually enjoying it (for me that is a big shock cos I have always HATED exercise)
3 - Went in for my first wedding dress fitting since I got it from my original measurements .. and OMG ... LOTS of taking in .. total of 12 inches (not inc arms & legs as they weren't needed to alter with the dress design) .. the biggest was over 6" for the bust!
4 - I have created a low-gi sugar, dairy free custard tart 122 cal per serve so have added it to my wedding menu

There were a few other good/great moments too .. but those were my highlights .. so eh .. will be ok with whatever the scales tell me tomorrow (not that I don't still have a "weigh" to go ... even to get my wedding target ...).

I hope that everyone else has had a good week .. for those not feeling the best, get well soon .. for those MIA .. hope you are ok And wahoo to all the team for week 7