Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Tuesday 11/19/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning IPers,

With my medical issues and being on the mend I am finding it hard to get back on track. My brain won't kick in gear, I was previously one of the no cheat's losing 3 to 4 a week but now I feel a bit lost . I have the alternates and my coach sent me some nice options but my brain is still in the whatever mode. I need to prepare my food, something i'm just so tired to do, healing and my first week back to work is taking all the energy I have. I must smack myself and push to get back on track before it's to late. The water weight which I use to retain quite a bit, is already creeping back after 8 days, and the scale is reflecting it.

"TODAY I MUST GET ON TRACK"
Old 11-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
With my medical issues and being on the mend I am finding it hard to get back on track. My brain won't kick in gear, I was previously one of the no cheat's losing 3 to 4 a week but now I feel a bit lost . I have the alternates and my coach sent me some nice options but my brain is still in the whatever mode. I need to prepare my food, something i'm just so tired to do, healing and my first week back to work is taking all the energy I have. I must smack myself and push to get back on track before it's to late. The water weight which I use to retain quite a bit, is already creeping back after 8 days, and the scale is reflecting it.

Smacking myself never worked.
Formulating a plan and sticking to it did.
Be gentle with yourself & don't overplan while you recover. Add small tasks so you don't overwhelm yourself. Prepping veggies is a lot of work. Grab some frozen ones and maybe only 1-2 fresh. You're still recovering.
Throw some meat in the crockpot.
Water weight will go away with the carbs after a couple days. Send them packing.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-19-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5 '6

WI today and I'm down 3 pounds. Good week. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking Chocolate Soup

Good Morning everyone

This AM I wanted to make chocolate pancakes, well I added too much water and I had hot bubbly chocolate soup in my pan. I added a couple of drops of coconut extract and had hot chocolate soup!!!! It filled me up no questions on that!

Happy Tuesday everyone
Old 11-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone sounds like we are having a Monday all over again. Today is my second day back at work from vacation, everyone was making comments like WOW Tiffany you look like you lost more weight on vacation (I did 2.5 lbs) one of my assistance called me skinny all day. I don't know if those words have ever been attached to my name before, it made me feel great. I officially weigh in at doc office Thursday. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstiff View Post
Good morning everyone sounds like we are having a Monday all over again. Today is my second day back at work from vacation, everyone was making comments like WOW Tiffany you look like you lost more weight on vacation (I did 2.5 lbs) one of my assistance called me skinny all day. I don't know if those words have ever been attached to my name before, it made me feel great. I officially weigh in at doc office Thursday. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.
My bosses' boss called me "skinny" last Friday (she's been dieting, too).
Interestingly, I'm still in the overweight BMI.
Skinny will come in January when I return to P1 after this "break the stall" break. Right now I'm definitely skinnier than I was but far from skinny...it feels kinda weird to be called that. I've always been the fat girl.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-19-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #8  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

A co worker keeps calling me the incredible shrinking woman. My BMI is still unhealthy as well. There's still several areas I'd like to see get smaller. They can't see the spare tire under the clothes lol. But I guess to them they see a dramatic change

Last edited by nolasmurf; 11-19-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

ha! my boss said the same thing yesterday..."Every time I see you I think you're getting smaller" My response? "That's the plan!!"
Old 11-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/204/145

Height: 5'4''

Does Anyone know where in the Norfolk Virginia area I can find the best selection of Walden Farms products? We're visiting here for a few weeks and I want to spend my time site seeing with the kids not chasing around for products but still want to stay on plan. Looking for Rasp. Jelly and Chipolte ranch dressing. Thanks! (I've checked the website and been on the phone with WF this morning as well as called stores listed in the area as distributors. No luck so far but they also don't list the places that carry the most product at home). Hoping I don't have to try and get an order sent to a temporary location.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning IPers,

With my medical issues and being on the mend I am finding it hard to get back on track. My brain won't kick in gear, I was previously one of the no cheat's losing 3 to 4 a week but now I feel a bit lost . I have the alternates and my coach sent me some nice options but my brain is still in the whatever mode. I need to prepare my food, something i'm just so tired to do, healing and my first week back to work is taking all the energy I have. I must smack myself and push to get back on track before it's to late. The water weight which I use to retain quite a bit, is already creeping back after 8 days, and the scale is reflecting it. SORRY THIS WAS A QUOTE, HIT A WRONG BUTTON..

had the same problem, getting back on track is so hard...take baby steps, hour by hour........then kaboom your first 24 hrs is done.....that is what i did....that took me many re tries. I had to say, listen girl, I want to be skinner at christmas time and feel better, that will give me the willpower to ignore all the carb and sugar monsters durrig that perioud. Once we start to feel and see the results its give me anyway more strength to go farther....way better then anyones words...I dont want to be the fat girl with the pretty face........

You can do it, one bottle of water at a time....

Last edited by locks; 11-19-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning IPers! Last night was rough-- I really wanted to snack. Being home alone seems to do that to me. Fortunately I didn't eat all of my blueberry cran granita jello (it was REALLY weak the way I made it so kinda bland). I ate some of that, which was about 1/4 packet, which I figure is better than eating.

I have a belt on today to keep my pants in place, pants that were snug a few weeks ago. My legs don't feel skinnier at all, but I guess if my pants are loose they must be? Here's hoping!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

yespositively: The blue-cran granata and raspberry jelly can be used every day as an additional packet or every other day if it is one of your 3.

They don't contain all essential amino acids of a protein so don't feel guilty!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Good morning IPers! Last night was rough-- I really wanted to snack. Being home alone seems to do that to me. Fortunately I didn't eat all of my blueberry cran granita jello (it was REALLY weak the way I made it so kinda bland). I ate some of that, which was about 1/4 packet, which I figure is better than eating.

I have a belt on today to keep my pants in place, pants that were snug a few weeks ago. My legs don't feel skinnier at all, but I guess if my pants are loose they must be? Here's hoping!
Me too, was bad, i grabbed a dill pickle....i wasnt hungry was just my bad habbits coming to the surface.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #15  

Imagine if we could control how our bodies lose the fat..........my coach had told me....that last place you put on the fat, was the first place to go......face.....feet..........hands.........reall y important places right lol
Closed Thread