Old 11-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/157/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Hey there everyone!! New here.

Well hello folks!! I've been on Atkins for 4 weeks and have dropped 15 pounds. I've followed the plan pretty well- with the occassional cheat- ( I had a cooie yesterday.) The "old" me would have had 2, 3, or 4 cookies!! I really like Atkins and what the plan has done for me. The carb cravings are done. I can overlook candy, bread, potatoes, etc. without giving them a second thought. The only thing I don't like is the lack of variety. I need something.. crunchy. Getting a little tired of th consistancy of meat and eggs... if that makes any sense. Gonna keep going!!
62carat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #2  

Welcome to the site!! 15 pounds feels good doesn't it? New clothes coming your way p.d.q. now.

Check out Linda's Low Carb Recipes on line and she offers a bit more for variety. Also do you like bacon rinds (called bac'n puffs). They are zero carbs but high in salt so need moderation but nice like crisps and help with those times when you NEED something.
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Welcome 62carat!

Good for you for stopping at just 1 cookie! You are in control Hooray and not the food and 15 lbs off ! WOW, that is awesome!!!!

I too miss crunch (get it from my romaine lettuce) and you Broil or High temp bake some squares (1/2 inch square) of American Cheese with garlic salt sprinkled on them (on coated foil... I know the actual recipe says wax paper.. but my cheese sticks) and at 400 or higher if you can for 5 minutes and then keep watching.. makes you some Cheese Crackers Yummy too!

I am looking forward to reading your posts of scale movement and your happy winning stories! Hooray!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

to Atkins!
Check out Linda's Low Carb recipes! Lots of variety and plenty of Induction friendly choices (the Induction appropriate recipes are marked with an * ).

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

Atkins is a great way of life. I've been doing it 9 and a half years and wouldn't think of eating any other way

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!!

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote