General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Ugh ugh ugh. Don't know what to do.

Good news: I got a BRAND NEW 2014 Nissan Versa on Tuesday. It's beautiful and I love it.

Bad news: the very next day, I allowed my fella to give the car a test drive, which went okay except that he didn't park it back in my usual parking space. And long story short, when I went to leave a little later, I misjudged the distance between my car and the tree behind it...and backed into the tree. There's not a whole lot of damage, actually nothing detrimental; it didn't even scratch the paint. However, the little part behind the wheel has come a little loose, and honestly it looks i could just superglue it back, lol, although I know I shouldn't do that.

I've circled the part in this picture where the piece came loose.

What should I do? Should I take it back to the dealership or try to have someone else fix it? How much do you think repairing that kind of damage would cost?
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

in my own experience, I've lived often where there is no dealership like when I bought my car from a dealership that was a 7-hour drive from where I lived.....generally if DH and I can fix something, we'll do it ourselves....if you think you can glue it together, I say go for it saves a lot of money that way....but again sometimes on a brand new car you'd rather have an actual FIX done...I didn't see anything wrong in your picture though so it must be small??

if it was ME, even on a brand new car, i'd just glue it back on and forget about it.....but this is from the family where DH superglued my headlight together after it came apart in a minor fender bender
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:37 AM   #3  

Oh, that's not my car, lol, that's a picture from Google. I was just using that picture to show where the damage was located on my car.

I want to be able to fix it without my parents/grandparents knowing I derped it within a day of having it. My grandad helped me get the car and I know he would not be a happy camper if he knew. =/
Old 11-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/135/125

I would take it to the dealership or to someone who knows about cars. I was surprised to learn that even a little bump can cause great damage not visible from outside. It might just as well be fine, but if I were you, I wouldn't take the risk.
Amygdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I'd take it to the dealership. Best to put it back right, and they'd know how to do it better than anyone else. Congrats on getting a new car!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #6  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Aww... accidents happen. I'd go back to the dealer. I can't see the picture (installed net nanny blocked it) but I know that even small body damage on cars these days can be very expensive to repair. I would get a quote and then figure out where to go from there.

As much as you want to, and I totally understand, I wouldn't try to hide it from your parents and grandparents. Part of being an adult is being responsible and taking ownership, not trying to sweep things under the rug. Not to say I would bring it up, necessarily, but if it comes up, own it, don't hide it.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #7  

I went to my best friends and showed her, and she said she didn't even notice until I brought her over to the spot and wiggled it for her to show her it was a little loose. I've even been around both my grandparents and my parents since then and they've both been around my car; in fact, yesterday was the first time my grandpa saw my new car in person and up close and he didn't notice! It's really just a little cosmetic thing; there's no damage that could hurt the car or my tires so I think I'm okay. If no one notices it but me, no one has to know but me, right? >_> <_<
Old 11-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #8  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

You also get the benefit of your parents' and grandparents' eyesight not being what it used to be!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote