South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Nov. 16 & 17 - Wild or Wow Weekend?

Early good morning since my internal alarm is back to ringing around 5 again. Quite annoying to get up in the dark when the rest of the world is asleep.

Not sure what the weekend will bring - hence the title. We are supposed to get up to 54 with sun which bodes well for getting those last outside jobs done. I did go into the barn yesterday and dig out the outside lights and may ask tall Rob to help me put them up - that means he does it and I criticize. The AC needs its coat on too. There is one last cutting of Swiss Chard out there and I just might bung in some daffodils if I have energy to do a bit of a dig.

Next week is a really busy one - I'll spare you all the details - so whatever I can get done this weekend will ease things. Next weekend is the opening of Celebrate The Season and I'll be managing the cafe. We will just be serving snacky things like soup and sandwiches since the Church (United) is doing a full dinner.

"OK - glug the last of the coffee, make smoothie and get on with it, Ruthie" says Ruthless.

How does your weekend look - Wild or Wow? Have a bit of a natter first before you leap into it.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Ruth, I'm up early too. I think it has to do with nodding off before 9pm watching TV last night!

Today's weather looks much nicer than tomorrow's so I hope to attack my outside chores. DH and I had talked about stringing the outside lights last weekend but the weather did not cooperate. So my list looks like Ruth's: cut the Brussel sprouts, toss the dead mums, maybe lights and I forgot about covering the AC! I think I will put off grocery shopping until tomorrow.

The first week of November my weight was ticking downward a bit, but not so much the last 10 days. I am going to make a major effort to control my snacking for the next 10 days to see if I can shift it back down before T-giving.

The coffee is brewing but not quite ready...maybe I will start a load of laundry while I wait.

Have a great day chicks!
Old 11-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! Thanks for getting us started! It sounds like you will get alot accomplished today! Enjoy!

Hi Beth! Have fun tackling your list!
I went to bed early and rose early, too. Good thing since I work early today. I got lots of niggles accomplished and I'm ready for 1 more coffee then will go rest on my hotpad for 1/2 hr. I broke down and visited the chiropractor yesterday and I want to keep those muscles loose as I head into my waitress days.

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-16-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's going to be both a Wild and a Wow weekend here, with the Marathon going on. It's raining right now but supposed to be outta here and perfect running weather for tomorrow. Hmmmm, since I'm not running, just what is considered "perfect" running weather?

I hope both Ruth and Beth get all their outside niggles done this weekend. Jake usually strings our outdoor lights Thanksgiving weekend, so I hope the weather cooperates.

I hope your back holds up for your waitressing job, Debbie.

I'm meeting Monica at the Convention Center in the city at 11, where she'll get her placard and a chip thingy so I can track her during the race. We're already being warned to take public transportation into the city this weekend, since it's going to be so crowded. It should be a fun weekend!
Old 11-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage, I think the 40's are perfect running weather, but that's my opinion! I would way rather run in the 30's than the 70's, and snow is fun! Enjoy your time, I hope we get a report tomorrow.

Ruth, hope the weekend isn't too wild for you. You have some good ideas - today would be a good day to clean out the rest of the garden. Maybe I could sweet talk (bribe?) DH into getting the lights up?

Beth - I need to clean up my snacking too (the story of my life!). Not too bad, but should be better going into the holidays.

Debbie - Hope the chiro helped!

I work today, woo woo. Shouldn't be bad though, and it's a fun group of techs. DS is having a play date this afternoon, I'm sure DD will be begging to have one as well (ooooh, or maybe I'll take her shopping?!). I did just remember it's a home football game, which means to find when the game is, and avoid town at all costs before and after. Those people get ca-razy!
Old 11-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - My internal alarm gets me up in the dark too. And then I can't keep my eyes open in the evening!

Beth - I'm on a brussel sprouts kick thanks to Kalyn's recipe for shredded roasted sprouts.

Debbie- I'm thinking I might break down too - but to see a new masseuse that my trainer uses. Hope your muscles stay loose.

Linda - Have fun. That tracking is a great idea.

Twynn - Envisioning your town filled with crazy fans made me laugh.

I'm working the closing shift tonight. I've got a load of laundry in already and will run some errands early before the stores get busy. Probably will break out my Kindle this afternoon; I haven't read in days.

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I guess my weekend is "wow." Sleep in and all the chicks are well into their plans. My weekend is more wait and see lol. My usual Saturday prep for my work week. I do need to rearrange a few things in the garage. DS has a "project" for the truck.I know there will be a mess involved.

I broke down and bought a fake tree this year I am traveling for work and visiting my mom in December so a real wouldn't survive. I did splurge on a prelit tree. I will put it up right after Thanksgiving as to enjoy the ornaments a little before my trip.

Well DS should be up soon for work so I am going to enjoy my quiet time with the pups. Enjoy!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's definitely a quiet weekend around here. I've got chores, errands, and a little cooking scheduled. Any walks will be road walks because deer season has started so it's not safe to walk in the woods. I'm going to start with a little thrifting for fun, then buckle down.

Cottage - tell Monica I'm cheering for her from VT, What an accomplishment!

Well, breakfast is done. time to clean the dishes from the fridge cleaning and get this day really moving
Old 11-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

No wow or wild here. Like everyone else its going to be yard work

Still having some back pains so trying to be careful
On Thursday we went to buffalo and I visited a trader's joe. This is the second one I've been to and I just don't get it. All these prepared foods and small packages. I guess I am more of a costco girl and whole foods is whole paycheck to me

Have a nice weekend and enjoy this weather
Take care
Sophie
Old 11-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Lol Sophie you made me laugh. I drive 45 minutes to Trader Joe's once. I was not impressed at all. Whole Foods I only go to for a special treat. My Shoprite has a great selection of gluten free products and way cheaper too. Stew Leonard's is my downfall. I enjoy sampling as I shop there, but again only a treat. I wish we had Costco, just BJs here. I let my membership run out, but with DS's appetite I may rejoin.

Just came in from cleaning out the garage. I am sore so no yard work. My garage was neat, but needed to be purged. DS requested his own space for his tools / projects. His latest project is removing rust from the under side of the truck (I knew this had to be done when I bough it) Joe was kind enough to lend Joey his jack stands and hydraulic jack. I bought some supplies he needs to remove the rust. The next day we are off we have to pick up the treatment. Looks like I will be parking in the driveway for awhile. Oh well, keeps him out of trouble.

Enough chit chat time for dishes, indoor bike ride and a much needed shower. Down 4 from the 8 I gained (come on water keep swooshing away) Like I said yesterday, just a little set back nothing I am concerned with as I have never gained 8 pounds in a week....well maybe when I was pregnant lol
Old 11-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Sounds like everyone is doing a lot of outside work, I decided to do inside work. Changed out bedsheets for flannel (even though tomorrow temp's higher it still drops in the evenings) and dusted, moped, vacuumed, laundry etc.

DD2 went to a playdate so DH and I will go to last Home Football game for college DS goes to. (mind you he doesn't go to them lol)

Cottage good luck to Monica hope she does well in the race.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

So far it's a WOW weekend. I worked outside for a whole two solid hours this morning - Thank-you Aleve and my warm pants! The garden is now tucked in for winter. I do have tons of black walnuts to be picked up but I am hoping the squirrels will look after that. I even swept out the barn because one of these nights I'll want to snuggle my darling car in there to avoid scraping ice.

Just spent a good hour setting up my new GPS - the first part anyhow. I probably will rely on my good old roadmaps until I'm sure it's right. I sometimes wonder if I really did get a degree in Computer Science or just dreamed it. I have become a Luddite! I did manage to get to Linda's house by car two years ago without a GPS so ... My old one gave up as I crossed the 1000 Islands bride. We'll see how this one goes.

Seriously thinking of one last grill on the barbie tonight - a burger would be yummy and I do have whole wheat "thins" and the last decent tomato.

Enjoy your wild, wow or wicked Saturday night.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Ruth if the squirrels don't get them invite some dyers of yarn. Black walnuts are a natural dye
Take care
Sophie
Off to make supper
Old 11-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Yesterday this place was full of early morning chatty chicks! Today, not so much. Is everyone out and about already or sleeping in?

Got my cleaning, outside chores and most of the laundry done so today I will concentrate on food: groceries, menus, making quiche for weekday breakfasts. Probably should do a little desk work as well since I got sucked into reading a novel yesterday.

The coffee is ready so I'm going to get a cup. Anyone else need some?
Old 11-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Go Beth and others to come!

I was up earlier for a cup and composition of an email to the drywall guy. Went back to bed now I have 1 hr to enjoy coffee and smoothie before heading to work. It's snowing here....wish I could just stay in.

Happy Sunday all!
Closed Thread