Old 11-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Blue Team Fall into Fitness Chat Thread Week 6 (11/11/13 - 11/17/13)

Hello Blue Team !

It's week 6 already ! We are almost halfway through the challenge. You are all doing so well and you're very inspirational. Even though things have been up and down on this end I'm still plugging away and trying to keep positive.

Hope everyone has a great week !
Old 11-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Blue Team:

Total Lost: -12.1 lbs (-0.45%)

Blue Team Biggest Loser: Secret Swan (-5.0 lbs, -3.14%)

Honorable Mentions:

pearlfit (-3.8 lbs, -1.57%)
SarainMN (-1.5 lbs, -0.84%)
LittleBlueCat (-1.0 lbs, -0.61%)

Congratulations to all the losers this week !

Here's to a great week 6 !
Old 11-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/188/150

Height: 5'2

wow Secret Swan-what is your secret??

that loss was over 2 weeks
I need to have a good week this week
Old 11-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #4  

CONGRATULATIONS: Secret Swan, pearlfit, SarainMN, and LittleBlueCat for being our biggest losers this week.

Great job again this week by everyone, well except me I gained this week. Living on Halloween chocolate and cup a soup.....super healthy I know. I'm trying to get back into it but with me never being home until 11:30pm and out of the house by 8:30am I haven't had time to properly prepare lunches or do any form of exercises.

They have moved my mom into a rehabilition facility so that she can get the physio therapy she need to strengthen her back muscles and learn to walk straight again. So once she settles in better I may not have to be away from home as much. Fingers crossed I smarten up and get my head back in the game.

I know I was absent for pretty much this whole challenge I apologize. I never thought I would be away from home so much and it's so hard typing everything out on the iPhone....so I haven't.

Leslie thanks so much for posting the new threads I forgot about everything until 9pm last night then went....oops I suck
Old 11-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Great Job to the biggest 'winners' this week. I am trying to get back to a routine after vacationing. I now feel that I am in a good mental state now and want to start the new year 9 pounds lighter! Best wishes to everyone this week.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Way to go, everyone! Especially pearlfit, SarainMN, and LittleBlueCat!

Big mid, how's your mom doing? Will she be in the rehab facility for long? Does she gave anyone else at home with her once she goes home? Caregiving is so time consuming and stressful, I think it's amazing you've been able to be as focused on this challenge as you have.

Sea urchin, that's a great goal! You can do it!

Sara, I have no secret. It's a happy little mystery what happened this week. So ethi g to do with water retention and my body getting into the exercise groove a bit better, is my guess. Let's just hope I don't gain it all back this week and really mess up our numbers. I certainly doubt I will be maintaining that rate of loss.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #7  

I've been on the Step uUp website for blue cross/blue shield health insurance and realized that my measly 2 miles per day is still not cutting it. 2 miles is equivalent to 4000 steps which is still considered 'very inactive'. I need to double this amount to be considered 'active' and go 5 miles per day to consider myself 'very active'. got to get my butt moving!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #8  

Seaurchin, is that 2 miles on the pedometer you wear all day or 2 miles of "now I am going to walk 2 miles?" Not that I would ever discourage anyone from trying for more healthy activity, but I am under the impression most of those step counting people also count the steps they take just doing regular life. If you're only counting intentional exercise, you might be doing more than you give yourself credit for.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #9  

Yes, I was only counting intentionl exercise. As I have a desk job, I don't think I do that much walking (only back and forth to the copier). I have a pedometer so i'll check my daily activity outside of intentional exercise tomorrow and see if I can reach the active stage! :-)
Old 11-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #10  

Seaurchin, let me know how that turns out! I also have a desk job, and I'm considering getting the amiigo when it comes out because I think the data will be really useful for figuring out maintenance (if I ever get there), but I wonder how much an office worker really gets to move in a day. On the other hand, I do drink a lot of pop and water, so some days I think I must need to get up about every 40 minutes!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #11  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone! I hope all is well. I'm a bit frustrated with my weight loss. I want to be out of the 180s so bad, but my body is not listening. Uggg. I'll have to really step it up if I want the numbers to go down.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:25 AM   #12  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Stuck, stuck, stuck!!! But . . . today I did (what I could) of the Physique 57 workout. I was so shaky when I was done, I'm sure it will work. Drinking more water too, eating more protein . . . something's gotta give. Good job everyone.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 277/231/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone - my fitness trampoline arrived yesterday. So far I'm loving it. I did part of the beginner workout last night and I'm not sore at all today. It really is fun - I can do more on it than I thought. I figured I would just have to do sort of a "health rock" for a while but I can actually jump around some.

Seaurchin - I wear a pedometer and tend to be tied to my desk at work. I'm shocked that occasionally I go way over 10,000 steps - usually when I've had a major shopping trip to the Mall. Then other days I'm exhausted and even with an intentional power walk I don't get to 5000. It will be a challenge to keep those numbers up as they days get colder & darker. I guess more jumping & shopping for me
Old 11-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Hey all,

I had a cold most of this week which really drained my energy. But i did drop a pound, probably by not eating much. Did a little exercise today but started to feel week. Hopefully, next week is better.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #15  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Feeling sore from the P57, definitely a workout. Worked in the yard today, even with a pick, worked up a sweat for sure. Eating is on plan, water too. Happier with myself for sticking with it. I think there's movement on the scale too, but waiting to see if it stays.