Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #1  

Height: 5'0"

Default Baby is 5 months, exclusively nursing, and I am SO hungry!

Thread title says it all! My infant is 5 months (minus a week or so... boy, time flies!). He's still exclusively nursing at this point, no solids yet.

For the past 5 weeks I have been pretty strict Paleo (2 cheat meals) and finally broken past that initial whoosh-then-stall of weight loss. Scale is once again moving in the right direction.

But for the past few days I've been so hungry! I want breakfast. I want snacks. I want late-night nibbles. And when I don't get them, my tummy growls! This is definite physical hunger, not mental.

I keep it at bay with sunflower seeds (in shell to slow my eating speed) and bulky raw veggies (pepper strips and cucumber slices).

So do you think he's going through a growth spurt? Maybe I'm producing more milk? I don't know what the explanation is, but I am having trouble not inhaling an entire bag of goldfish crackers...
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

5 months was the height of hunger for me - baby is getting large but still entirely on milk, you need to make massive amounts. I suggest listening to your hunger signals until baby starts taking more solids Once he started on solids, my weight loss really kicked in.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote