Old 08-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #1  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Question IP Alternative/Packet question

I follow IP using the packages from the clinic. Is it okay to mix in a few alternatives with it for variety or does that not work? I've been doing this for 8 weeks now and I like the idea of a little variety. I'm just not sure if it's okay to do this??
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #2  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

For what it's worth I generally stick to IP products, but substitute the EAS Shakes and the Quest bars (stick to only the natural ones) at times to keep costs down (probably one substitution a day)...my losses are below...
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
I follow IP using the packages from the clinic. Is it okay to mix in a few alternatives with it for variety or does that not work? I've been doing this for 8 weeks now and I like the idea of a little variety. I'm just not sure if it's okay to do this??
Lots of people mix these. For many of us, we have to continue to buy something from our coaches in order to stay connected. Some are very strict and monitor that you are getting EVERYTHING from them (by the number of weekly required packet purchase). Others are a little more lenient... or in my case, the front office handles the orders, but my coach doesn't really check to see what you bought!

As long as you adhere strictly to the IP guidelines for the nutritional content so everything alternative is within the protocol, you should be fine!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #4  
On plan since June 23/13

Thanks for the info. The only thing I plan on adding is the Quest bars. I just need a little change.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I am 80% with IP....the difference makes it easier on my budget. I love the IP snacks, and their chocolate drinks for a hot chocolate, and love also their ready to go puddings........and who doesnt like the potatoe puree...I go at the end of the month and buy a bunch, and the rest from Nashua..and i also have a large contairner of protien powder for days im not hungry and can handle that. I am in Canada so shipping and customs increased my orders so much. Ip, box is 32$ here, after tax. so i get the my favorites......

Hopefully it will work for me. The swann gym lets me buy as much as I want. They dont care if i use their coach or not. Many of the place here have started selling alternatives, and selling some IP products till they run out.

I bought potassium yesterday and its not like it used to be.....they are 100 mg now plus you need to take some salt with it. That means any potassium vitamin with that amount is fine. I found some at Walmart pharmacy.

This is my second time, i had to stop was too expensive....son in University and well I know the program works so im trying to mix things up......lets see if it works..
Most of the alternative i buy are almost the same un nutrients , you have to shop carefully.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I mix, Quest bars and Proti bars and packages. Just look at the calories, carbs, etc... It is a cost savings and I love Quest bars.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #7  

What are the best Quest bars to use? I love them - i had a chocolate chip cookie dough one. LOL. sure hope it was on program...
f6noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #8  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6noob View Post
What are the best Quest bars to use? I love them - i had a chocolate chip cookie dough one. LOL. sure hope it was on program...
Chocolate/PB and the strawberry cheesecake are closest to IP. Both on the verge of restricted items. Lisa posted a few times about what's ok and what's not. I know the natural ones are general better than the others an I think the cookie dough might have been on the not ok side. But look for Lisa's post.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

I am in Canada and do not seem to find a lot of these alternatives that you all suggest. Any helpful hints on instore items.

Thanks for your help.
Wine4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine4me View Post
I am in Canada and do not seem to find a lot of these alternatives that you all suggest. Any helpful hints on instore items.

Thanks for your help.
If you search the older posts there is a lengthy thread that discusses alternatives that can be found in Canada. My primary staples are both from Costco- Detour bars and Premier Protein shakes. For other alternatives I order from Nashua Nutrition. The shipping is expensive, but I need that variety.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

I use Quest bars and some of Nashua's products as well, although the majority of my things come from IP.

My new fave as far as Quest bars go is the Double Chocolate Chunk....prior to that it was the cookie dough. I've had fairly consistent losses, so I don't think it's been hindering anything.
jodi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
I use Quest bars and some of Nashua's products as well, although the majority of my things come from IP.

My new fave as far as Quest bars go is the Double Chocolate Chunk....prior to that it was the cookie dough. I've had fairly consistent losses, so I don't think it's been hindering anything.
I like the double chocolate chunk as well. I also bought the cinnamon roll. Both are really similar to restricted items (comparing calories, protein, carbs, sugar).

I've heated them up in the microwave just a little and they almost seem like a dessert. Plus I got them on sale so they are much more affordable than IP.

I'm too new to the program to know if they are hindering my losses, but I will only be using them as a sub for a restricted item.
yespositively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

I've been using them as restricteds, just because the overall carbs are so high (I know we're supposed to be counting the net carbs, but I can't wrap my head around eating over 50 overall carbs in a day on this diet). I heat them for 17 seconds and they get really melty and yummy
jodi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #14  
IP start 8/15/13

S/C/G: 244/211/195

Height: 5'7

Just received my first order from GNC. Oh My Goodness!!! I immediatly opened the Banana Quest Bar. Tastes just like Banana Bread. Left everything in the box in car at work. Afraid I would devour them all. Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow and try the Cinnamon roll bar heated. You'd think I had won the lottery - just smiling ear to ear.
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #15  
On plan since June 23/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine4me View Post

Thanks for your help.
I'm in Regina and I order online from Lowcarbcanada.com. They ship and usually very quickly. They have Quest and WF amongst other things.