Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Tuesday 11/12/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #2  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Everyone! C-O-L-D this morning....Brrrrr!!!! One of the best things about this time of year is the ability to use my screened in porch as an extension of my refrigerator to keep drinks, etc cold!

Here's to having a great OP day and continuing to work toward our goals!!

Last edited by slownsteady; 11-12-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #3  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well it's Shark week and the scale has jumped up 2lbs. Nota happy camper! All that on top of a cold. UGH! Lol but I just gotta power thru. Looking forward to my two days off.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #4  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Getting sick My coworker brought in 3 things she found at CVS last night that are all IP friendly
1. CVS Brand Cough drops - she said they were the only ones there that had no aspartame
2. Delsym Lozenges SF cherry
3. Zarbee's Naturals Cough and throat relief daytime drink (there's also a nighttime one too) - only 4 ingredients!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Well it's Shark week and the scale has jumped up 2lbs. Nota happy camper! All that on top of a cold. UGH! Lol but I just gotta power thru. Looking forward to my two days off.
Since you're under the weather I wouldn't let the 2lbs bother you. Your body can retain water for all kinds of reasons. Just continue to take it easy and drink lots of fluids.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #6  

Whew! I left an IP packet in my desk at work on Friday, so I won't be running out of packets before WI after all.

Apparently I am having butterscotch pudding for breakfast. Better that than leek soup!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Finished my first week of my reboot, down 6.4 pounds.

Very happy!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #8  

Nashua Nutrition deal today
free shipping orders over 49
code Today49

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Since you're under the weather I wouldn't let the 2lbs bother you. Your body can retain water for all kinds of reasons. Just continue to take it easy and drink lots of fluids.
You are absolutely right. Illness = inflammation & inflammation = water weight. Stay off the scale when you're sick or view with a neutral eye/grain of salt...
Old 11-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #9  
Started IP 10/30/13

S/C/G: 273/248/150

Height: 5'1"

Very down today and it's not even 10 am! Today is my 2nd weigh in. My first weigh in ended up being 9 days after I started IP, and it was 10 pounds. I was ecstatic! Well my weekly weigh-ins are Tues. every week so now today's weigh in is 5 days later. So I expected the scale to obviously not show some high # like 10 pounds... but I don't think it's moved AT ALL.

My scale was 4 pounds lighter than the clinic's scale so I keep getting confused going off of both mine and their #. But my # keeps bouncing between 257-259 over the past 5 days. At 257, it means I've lost 2 pounds since the last WI... but at 259 I'm exactly the same. It was 259 this morning

I am so depressed about it. And I know "It could be inches, but no pounds!" but for me, I just want to see that # move right now. I have not cheated at ALL as far as eating what I shouldn't. But I will admit there were maybe 2 days I had dinner at 8 p.m. AND still did not have my snack yet, so I skipped the snack. And almost every day I've gotten 2 1/2 - 3 cups of veggies in. The veggies are soo hard for me.

I'm mad at myself and frustrated and afraid the coach is going to be disappointed today, as I am.

Does not having enough veggies affect your weight loss?
Old 11-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #10  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzroxy814 View Post
Very down today and it's not even 10 am! Today is my 2nd weigh in. My first weigh in ended up being 9 days after I started IP, and it was 10 pounds. I was ecstatic! Well my weekly weigh-ins are Tues. every week so now today's weigh in is 5 days later. So I expected the scale to obviously not show some high # like 10 pounds... but I don't think it's moved AT ALL.

My scale was 4 pounds lighter than the clinic's scale so I keep getting confused going off of both mine and their #. But my # keeps bouncing between 257-259 over the past 5 days. At 257, it means I've lost 2 pounds since the last WI... but at 259 I'm exactly the same. It was 259 this morning

I am so depressed about it. And I know "It could be inches, but no pounds!" but for me, I just want to see that # move right now. I have not cheated at ALL as far as eating what I shouldn't. But I will admit there were maybe 2 days I had dinner at 8 p.m. AND still did not have my snack yet, so I skipped the snack. And almost every day I've gotten 2 1/2 - 3 cups of veggies in. The veggies are soo hard for me.

I'm mad at myself and frustrated and afraid the coach is going to be disappointed today, as I am.

I'm bad at the veggies, too. I've been doing what I can and am eating roughly the same amount as you.

I've been told that the best time to take your weight is first thing in the morning (after you use the bathroom), and naked. I do this weekly and consider that my "master" number. Try to stick to one method for your "true" weight, either the clinic's scale or yours at home. Since I drink like 2 gallons of water a day I prefer my home scale since my tummy is full midday.

I would trust the clinic's measurements since it's usually a bit more accurate to have someone else measure for you.

I'll echo a lot of what I've seen here and say that you shouldn't skip your snack and throw your body into starvation mode (where it hoards calories because it's afraid it's not getting enough). Eat your snack with dinner or eat it a little earlier in the day if you know dinner is going to be late.

The first week on the plan your body is depleting its glycogen stores, which is part of why you saw such a big loss. So naturally it would follow that your loss wouldn't be quite as big the next week, especially with just five days between weigh ins.

Try weighing yourself only once a day (or less, if the number if bothering you), and wait a week or two to get an idea of what's normal for you.

Chin up! If you're staying on plan, the weight will continue to come off.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Oh, take care of yourself! And yes, I'm guessing being sick has something to do with that number going up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Whew! I left an IP packet in my desk at work on Friday, so I won't be running out of packets before WI after all.

Apparently I am having butterscotch pudding for breakfast. Better that than leek soup!
A co-worker used to have the broccoli and cheese soup for breakfast. Every morning. Yeesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzroxy814 View Post

Not having enough veggies and skipping your snack probably has something to do with it. I think it's already been said but you have to have those 3 IP packets a day, that's how the program works. But, don't knock yourself for it - consider it a learning experience and start fresh today.

Morning everyone! It was a chilly one today - definitely a heated car seat morning

Have my WI at lunch today - fingers and toes crossed for a good one! I need to get some ideas from my coach for breakfasts for the weekend - I'm doing a bus tour with a friend to Minneapolis. I prefer to "eat" for breakfasts so while the RTD stuff would be good, I'm not sure how full I would feel with them. The other meals should be okay, just a little worried about breakfast. I think the hotel has a restaurant though so I could always get an egg white omelet or something.

Happy Tuesday all!
Jo
Old 11-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
A co-worker used to have the broccoli and cheese soup for breakfast. Every morning. Yeesh.
That's one of the ones that I can't even bring myself to try. Not sure I could handle broccoli in that format (I have a hard time with normal fresh broccoli).

I have a sampler pack from my coach for this week (Week 1) and there have beeh some losers and some that I could choke down. Looking forward to ordering some of the winners tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
I need to get some ideas from my coach for breakfasts for the weekend - I'm doing a bus tour with a friend to Minneapolis. I prefer to "eat" for breakfasts so while the RTD stuff would be good, I'm not sure how full I would feel with them. The other meals should be okay, just a little worried about breakfast. I think the hotel has a restaurant though so I could always get an egg white omelet or something.
The zucchini muffins travel VERY well. And you definitely feel like you are eating!
I make 4 servings at one time. As I said, they refrigerate & travel well and also do okay without refrigeration for a half-day or so.
I make banana, lemon, oatmeal, and/or potato. Gets in your veggies, too!
Old 11-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #15  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, good luck to everyone who is weighing in today. still struggling along with my possibly broken thumb. get my second xray tomorrow and will know for sure then. hoping its just a sprain and i can take this splint off.

dh has had to chop all my veggies and i'm sure he's getting frustrated too as i will complain that he cuts them too big lol!

have a great ip day everyone
Closed Thread