South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Cold Tuesday on the Beach - Nov. 12

Well, I have to accept that winter is coming since everything is white out there this morning. I imagine it's snow, not just a deposit from the flocks of Canada geese. Disney and Jazz are like frisky puppies with excitement.

Managed to "put in the day" with deskwork and laundry and got Mill stuff done. Made a goof in modifying the Accounting system and discovered I don't know how to do a system restore. Of course the Help Office was closed for the Remembrance Day holiday. They're on the West Coast so I need to wait a while to call this morning. Did I ever mention that I detest Simply Accounting? (It's Sage50 now.)

Still have some outside stuff to clear up. The back and rib problem sure put me behind. I still need to pull the tomato cages and gather up some branches that came down a few weeks ago. I need staff!

Note to Self: Sort of a grouchy old woman post! I need to plan something fun for today. Maybe I'll work on the applique for that quilt I was to finish for Thanksgiving!

On the other hand, although it's only 25F, I'll garb myself in my winter stuff and see if I still know how to walk down to the Post Office. Anybody want to join me?

Let's have coffee and a bit of a natter first though. (I did get milk yesterday.)
Old 11-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I'll join you! Actually, a brisk walk in the snow sounds appealing. Especially if you promise a hot cup of coffee to warm me up afterwards.

The temps are dropping fast here and it's snowing not far from here. Hmmmm, maybe I'll get my walk in the snow, after all. Nothing's happening out there yet, though. I think this morning calls for a hot bowl of oatmeal.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

We have a very light dusting of that funny white stuff, Ruth . Maybe a mimosa is on order this morning?

Gratefully my little Gordon is feeling better and better. I'll enjoy my time with him while I can, thanks for your kind words. I got that little guy (and his brother, Pickle) when they were 2 weeks old. I was fresh out of vet school, and very naive, and took in the 5 kittens after their mom was hit by car. He's my little dog-cat .

Typical long day for me, I hope it goes quickly!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #4  

Good morning Cottage! I love walking in the snow, especially when it's a bit deeper. That crunchy sound when your feet hit it. And then all the sounds and smells are amplified....love it!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy. Yes, those are the reasons I love snow. If only I didn't have to drive in it, I'd love it even more. If we get any today, it will only be a light dusting. I'm glad Gordon is doing better and hope you get to enjoy many more good days with him.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Looks like you all got our allotment of the stuff for today, and I'm okay with that. We have the dreaded black ice this morning so I am taking my time out the door. My snows don't go on until next week and I'm not taking any chances.

It's another Tuesday around here. tonight's excitement includes 2 recipes for the Co-op. I love that I can pick up ingredients and cook at home for my member hours. It's easier than fitting time in at the store. Tonight it's Indian Pudding (I'll make Tim taste it to make sure it's okay) and stuffed acorn squash.

I'm in serious new stove hunting mode. Anyone have any tips or brands to avoid? It's the first time I'm buying one and I want to make the right choice. I certainly use it a lot. The one thing I am sure about is it will be gas. I do not like cooking on electric (and we would need more from the line, the small amount of solar we have couldn't keep up).

Okay, time to think about some work. I'll start with desk work then drive a bit once it warms up.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Winter is coming here too with temps more than 20 degrees below normal for the next few days. I'm thinking I'm too wimpy to hike. I'm not scheduled to work for the next few days and plan to get some niggles done and rest my aching body. We are still trying new vegetarian recipes that might suit for Thanksgiving side dishes. The last one didn't pass muster.

Keep warm!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #8  

Ooooh, Cyndi, I LOVE my stove. It's a GE that has the smaller oven on top, and a regular size on bottom (vs. a drawer on bottom). I will admit the stupid heating element went out once already (and it's only 4 years old), but...I use that top oven 80% of the time, so it's a real energy saver.

Something like this - http://products.geappliances.com/App...ku=PGB950DEFWW

But I spent no way near that! Maybe gas is more? (and you can deal a lot)
Old 11-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I just checked...its 27 degrees here...supposed to warm up to 57 today. That will be perfect pool weather. Everyone is sleeping, the pups have been out and fed. I have coffee and am trying to be very quiet.

Tammy, I'm glad Gordon is doing better.

Karen, are you cooking or going somewhere else for Thanksgiving? I also don't remember if your DH requires Vegan recipes.

Cyndi, when I redid my kitchen I selected a separate cooktop and oven(bothKitchenaid). My oven is electric...cooktop is gas. My methodology in choosing the gas top was to have one where the grills all came together in the back so I could have maximum "holding" surface, if that makes sense. I am still happy with my choice, but probably isn't helpful for what you're looking for. I do like the freestanding ones with the large and small ovens.

Cottage, enjoy your oatmeal!

Ruth, I hope you put in some time with your quilt today!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth no snow here yet in the centre of the universe

Cottage. Any new additions to your oatmeal

Tammy. Glad your kitten is better

Karen. Hope you find some yummy veg side dishes

Cyndi. I have a gas /convection oven and gas top love cooking with gas. I'm dying for a new stove because my fridge and dish washer are stainless and stove is black. But it still does a great job. I have been looking at stove and the only thing I notice that some stoves have porcelain rakes so you can leave them in when self cleaning. I want that

Debbie. I hope everyone sleeps in for awhile

Back from daughter's with a sore back. I guess carrying around an almost 20lb toddler does it. We had a moose run across the road while driving there. That was a first. Been up for awhile I have an order for a harry potter hat with a lightening bolt to knit. Off to make the soup
Take care
Sophie

Karen.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a brisk 28 degrees and the high will only be 38 here. I will stay indoors as much as possible today.

Last night we went to a Mexican restaurant in our little town and it was yummy and onplan for the most part (I am sure the refried beans were not lowfat). I did not eat any chips and did not eat tortilla with my meal though, so I am calling it a victory

I have to run to a meeting but wanted to jump in here to say hello.

Glad everyone is doing well.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, late check in for me. We had snow and icy roads this morning. Always takes a few trips on it before you remember how to change your driving.

Typical day at school today, but tomorrow I am taking off. DH and I both have follow-up appointments with our knee surgeons. Can you say short week?
Closed Thread