South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Monday Nov 11

Good Morning

This month is flying by! I work at the restaurant today then we're taking a few days off. I'm so excited! We'll drive to Denver after work to p/u DD and babe, who are going to go with us. It will be heavenly to take a few dips at the hotsprings. We'll come back Wed or Thurs. so I'll still be able to make some headway at the rental projects before heading back to work on Saturday. I went to bed early last night so I could work through some "must do's" before we leave.

What's on your agenda today? Stop and say hi

Coffee is on....think I'll head down for another cup.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Debbie I have to take my cup to go. Thanks for starting us off today. Have a wonderful time.

A special thank you to Pearlrose today. Thank you for your service. Happy Veteran's Day.

Work today. Yesterday the shift ended with a search for a man with a gun. Fortunately no one was hurt, unfortunately we did not find him. Today we will pull security footage to try and get more details.

Hope your American Flags are flying proudly today. Have a wonderful Monday
Old 11-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the coffee, Deb! Enjoy your mini-vacation!

Jennifer, I want to thank you for all you do to keep us safe as a police officer. I sometimes forget how dangerous your job can be.

Many thanks to all the veterans and members of the military who sacrifice so much to give us our freedom. My DH and my dad are planning to go to Texas Roadhouse today for their free lunch.

Off to work for me, and I just heard the weatherman say we're getting snow tonight! I guess my grip on summer is slipping out of my fingers and it's time to give it up.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Happy Veteran's Day! We are so blessed in America to have what we have, and can do what we do.

Thanks Debbie for starting us off. Enjoy your pool and your days off.

Cottage - uh-oh, guess I should look at the weather forecast! I think it's awesome so many restaurants give away meals to the veterans.

Jekel - thanks for your service! You should live here, we love our little bubble, not a lot of crime. Of course, you'd have to deal with drunk college students as your primary challenge.

I have a shorter day, I'm bringing in my sick kitty to recheck how everything looks. My boss hung out with me at midnight to help me with him, I need to do something to pay her back. We think she's a robot though - I never see her eating or drinking . I do know though, that she loves dark chocolate!

(now, to buy her some without buying myself some....)
Old 11-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning on this Remembrance Day. The wreath laying in Delta happened right after Church and went very well. No matter how old I get, I still have tears running down my face during that two minutes of silence. I always remember to NOT wear mascara on November 11. This morning I will watch the official ceremony at the War Memorial in Ottawa.

Just realized the milk has soured as I took my first glug of coffee. I hope that's the worst thing that happens today.

I was to drive some friends to Ottawa today to catch a plane but they just told me the plans have changed. Pretty cryptic email sent at 1 AM this morning. I suspect someone is ill and hope it's nothing serious. Hmmm.

Donna finally came yesterday and my downstairs is all spiffed up. She did most of the downstairs windows as well as the usual stuff. Her wrist has now healed up and she's feeling perky. I leave for a week in PA in two weeks and will leave her a list to do when I'm gone. I'm hoping to get a bit of decorating done before then as it'll be December when I get back. Better get some shopping done too but make a list first.

Time to get cracking. First on the list will be to get more milk but our local store doesn't open until 9. Guess I'll switch to tea with lemon while I do the list.

Have a Moanless Monday!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just dropped the SO off at work so my coffee is almost gone I'm working today and taking Thursday off for a 4 day weekend.Today will be a light day though, probably with too much computer time because, as usual, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Last night I made shepherd's pie using mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes. it was so good I know I'll go back to that one a lot with leftover protein. I bet it will be good with all kinds of things.

Not much excitement around here. That icky stuff is in our forecast for tonight too. We've already been out in it, hiking Friday, so I guess I'll survive. I'm not doing any driving in it until I get my snows on Monday though, so it better not amount to much!

Guess I should get moving. Off to find something yummy to make for meatless Monday.

ETA - Twynn - hoping for some positive news about your kitty. thinking of you

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-11-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Just about getting ready to leave to go teach couple more classes today. Made it through the weekend eating op first time in awhile for that.

Debbie enjoy your time off with your family

Jekel thank you and thank you for your service as well.

Cottage there a tons of places offering free lunches today, I think that is great.

Twynn hope the kitty is feeling better

Ruth enjoy your day today.

Just realized yesterday that my oven heating element had broken in three places (No idea how that happened). I ordered a new one online, thank goodness it will be here before Thanksgiving.

Happy veterans day to all that have served!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks, and Happy Veteran's Day. Thanks not only to those who have served but to the families who provide the support at home. Our great country only exists because of your willingness.

Cottage, our forecast says 1-3 inches of that white stuff may accumulate tonight. Ugh. I guess I should go pick a mass of brussel sprouts and see if there is any lingering broccoli.

Tammy, hope your kitty is hanging in there.

Ruth, today I will put on the turkey tablecloth and put up the cornucopia display but it's a quick turnaround to Christmas this year. I will have to be ready with my decorations. Somehow I often light the 1st Advent candle with the wreath sitting in the midst of T-giving decorations.

Debbie, I agree!! I can't believe the month is half gone!

Jennifer, I just needed to wait until it was light out to put up my flag!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
I was to drive some friends to Ottawa today to catch a plane but they just told me the plans have changed. Pretty cryptic email sent at 1 AM this morning. I suspect someone is ill and hope it's nothing serious. Hmmm.
Worries are over. Heather's passport was expired and she didn't realize it until she tried to check in online! She is an extremely organized woman and is absolutely mortified. (Sorry, but I'm smirking a bit as she is known for her extreme organization - runs a big IBM ship. She asked me not to tell her mother who is my friend Claire.) Luckily everything has been rebooked for next week and she will go to the passport Office in Ottawa today. There are four gloomy kids though as it was a trip for a week at Disney.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Worries are over. Heather's passport was expired and she didn't realize it until she tried to check in online! She is an extremely organized woman and is absolutely mortified. (Sorry, but I'm smirking a bit as she is known for her extreme organization - runs a big IBM ship. She asked me not to tell her mother who is my friend Claire.) Luckily everything has been rebooked for next week and she will go to the passport Office in Ottawa today. There are four gloomy kids though as it was a trip for a week at Disney.
That's a shame about Heather's passport, Ruth. It's a good thing she tried to check in online, rather than going all the way to the airport! It's a good thing she was able to reschedule the trip for next week. My passport expires in September and I already picked up a renewal form at the post office.
Closed Thread