Old 11-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259.5/ticker/140-160?

Height: 5'3"

Default Feels Good to be Back!

In March 2012, I joined 3fatchicks, took a deep breath, and thought "now is my time - I will finally stick to a plan and finally lose all this extra weight." I was 259 lbs, my all time high weight.

I think I stayed relatively on plan that spring for 2 months (healthier food choices, walking regularly), and then did another 1 month stint in fall 2012. Guess it wasn't my time after all - I lost about 6 lbs total and then stepped off the wagon completely. I think I know why - I got so tired of being careful all the time with what I was eating. Things got really busy at work and I felt like I didn't have the energy or patience to deal with food or time for exercise, as I had to expend so much energy and work so much overtime to get ahead in my career. (Oh, justifications!)

In the last year, I've hit two milestones - I got married and turned 30. But I haven't paid much attention to eating better or doing consistent exercise, and I have been worried that I must have gained at least 25 lbs as a result. I don't know where that number came from, but I've been convinced of it for several months.

This week I've re-committed myself to living healthier and I finally stepped on the scale to see ... 250 lbs! I'm so excited and relieved that I didn't gain any weight over this whole time!!

I have a long road ahead of me, and it's tempting for me to say that the road starts here - this week. But it's not true. My road did start in March 2012. I walked off the path but there are things that I think I learned here that contributed to me not gaining. In the last year, I definitely ate more healthily than before - I just haven't been consistent, haven't paid attention to portions, and definitely allowed myself to eat more junk than I should have. But at least some healthy choices were still made and I'm not quite at square one again...

Keeping up with 3fatchicks, and writing all food intake in the NetDiary app, are two of the big things that I find really important to my motivation and accountability. I'm excited to be back on track!
Katy Did is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome back! This is how it's supposed to work. You learned some good habits and they stuck, even though you were not perfect. Getting married is a big life change but apparently it has not caused weight issues for you. That's good. Now you just refine a few things....eat smaller portions, ditch the junk food, get in some exercise. You are headed in the right direction. Good luck to you!
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Katy! I joined in 2008. During some of that time, I have been much thinner than what I am now. I have also been much fatter. And I agree with you completely. This is a long, long lifetime journey. And even though I always hope (and do still) that I will hit goal and stay there, I still see my time here as a success. I am 230. Without 3FC, I would not be surprised if I had been up to 330 by this point. And I know what it feels like to be 160. That, too, is a gift. Yay, 3FC!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #5  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Welcome back!

It's awesome that you are back, and that you know why you struggled in the past. You can use that information to come up with a diet plan this time, one where you don't feel like you have to be more careful than feels comfortable.

And be sure to enlist your husband! Dieting will be easier if he enjoys the food too. I know mine likes what I make, of course he gets much larger portions and is allowed to add cheese, butter, bread, etc. but basically what I eat is what he eats.

And everything you learned before will help you now. Good luck!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Welcome Back! I joined in 2012 with good intentions but I think just was not ready. I came back in June because I had enough. You have picked up good habits and third time "is the charm" they say. Good luck and keep on pushing you will get there.
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #7  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

I have recommitted to this lifestyle change again today. I was on the IP diet a few years ago and lost 120 pounds, 7 pounds from my current goal. Stepped off and I have gained 72 pounds back. I am back with all of you and I am determined. Katy Did, I think I remember you - we can do this together.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 259.5/ticker/140-160?

Height: 5'3"

Thanks so much for all the friendly words of welcome! I really appreciate all of the replies. The community here is so warm and supportive. We can totally all do this together!

Quote:
And be sure to enlist your husband! Dieting will be easier if he enjoys the food too. I know mine likes what I make, of course he gets much larger portions and is allowed to add cheese, butter, bread, etc. but basically what I eat is what he eats.
I'm gay, and it actually does make it easier when I don't have to think about different portion sizes. My wife is so supportive of my journey.
Katy Did is offline   Reply With Quote