Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 04:56 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat Sat 11/9 - Sun 11/10/2013

Don't ask me why I'm up at 3 am
Woke up. Couldn't sleep. Lying in bed was futile so time to start the chat!

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-09-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

After reading all the posts from yesterday's daily forum about how some doctors have reacted to their patient's weight loss, I realized how blessed that I am to have a supportive doctor.

HUGS to all those who do not get that support.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #3  

From Beck Diet Solution Facebook site:
Weekend Warm-up: Remember – if you eat at someone’s house this weekend, you may not have control over what food is served to you but you ALWAYS have control over what you put in your mouth.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-09-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #4  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Early Risers!

Morning, everyone!

Lisa, I am so with you! I woke up this morning as if it were a work day. My body just was finished resting, I guess, so I hopped out of bed. Really, I have been going to bed earlier and sleeping better on IP; I assume my body knows what it needs.

No special plans this weekend. I have TONS of work to catch up on due to taking two sick days last week. We also have Open House at school on Monday, so I have to prep for that. Hubby has a work trip coming up, too, so I will help make sure he has what he needs ready to go.

WI tomorrow- will post results! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Renee
Old 11-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #5  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I too was up too early for a Saturday, but thankfully not 3am. It is supposed to a pretty day here so I figure I may as well get going
I have weigh this morning but maybe will take a little walk and enjoy the (chilly) sunshine first.

Nice reminder Lisa. We control the food, not the other way around.

IP POWER to all!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Ready to enjoy this snowy day in Manitoba, Canada. Planning all week for pancakes for my twins and planning to "try again" with the IP pancake, but this time with the chocolate pkg. I am really finding that planning is helping me be successful on this plan.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

A coach shared with me "Fail to plan, or, plan to fail" Therefore, I will PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! Precut, zip bagged veggies in the fridge just makes grab and go possible for work in the morning.
Somehow made sense to this organized person! Keep on track all my new IP friends. I find this site very helpful.

Last edited by dlr9774; 11-09-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good morning everyone, the dog decided that 6am would be my Saturday wake up time. Started the day with my coffee and a restricted orange wafer bar which is very different for me. Was craving something crunchy, so it will work for today. Relaxed a bit in the hot tub now it is time to get my butt in gear.

Today is day five of my reboot. I will take those 15 pounds that I gained back off. This time I will learn to phase off and enjoy my clothes!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Good morning all!!!! 3 day weekend!!! Yeee haa!!! Sending IP POWER to stay OP for this long weekend. P3 starts today.

Congrats to all the scale movers and NSV winners!!! Feels good doesn't it! Love the line I've seen Lisa write, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #10  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well I ended up working a 12 hour day yesterday, so that sucked. Managed to stay OP except I didn't get all my veggies and water in. I was off by a cup. I guess 3 cups is better than no veggies! Was so tired when I got home last night I fell asleep quickly but woke up at 7. I don't have work till Noon so I'm just going to relax for awhile. No tv just me and the dogs.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #11  

Height: 5 '6

Good morning! I know I should stay off the scale but some days I really can't help myself! I haven't lost a thing so far this week but I had two great weeks in a row and I have TOM this week. I think I'll leave the scale alone till my weigh in on Tuesday.. I know if I stay OP all will go well... have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #12  

Nolasmurf I can relate to the not enough sleep. I am awake at 5 AM no matter what day it is, last weekend with the clock change, it was 4 AM for a few days. I am a terrible sleeper. I usually get up and give the dogs extra attention too. I have 3, a lab/dane mix, and 2 labradoodles. What type of dogs do you have?
Old 11-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #13  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Nolasmurf I can relate to the not enough sleep. I am awake at 5 AM no matter what day it is, last weekend with the clock change, it was 4 AM for a few days. I am a terrible sleeper. I usually get up and give the dogs extra attention too. I have 3, a lab/dane mix, and 2 labradoodles. What type of dogs do you have?
I have a pit bull mix Abby who's around 6 and DiNozzo who's full blooded blue Pit and He's 3 . Both are rescues as I volunteer with the Sula Foundation and Villalobos (yes pit bull and parolees)

Both very spoiled !
Old 11-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
Ready to enjoy this snowy day in Manitoba, Canada. Planning all week for pancakes for my twins and planning to "try again" with the IP pancake, but this time with the chocolate pkg. I am really finding that planning is helping me be successful on this plan.
We had our first snow flurries in Ontario this week.
Are you using the chocolate pudding mix for those IP pancakes? Can you post the recipe? I don't like the pudding.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I have a pit bull mix Abby who's around 6 and DiNozzo who's full blooded blue Pit and He's 3 . Both are rescues as I volunteer with the Sula Foundation and Villalobos (yes pit bull and parolees)

Both very spoiled !
How cool! All my dogs have been rescues, these 3 are all 7yrs old. Gus the lab/dane is 102lbs, Karli is 62lbs and Bella is 49 lbs. Gus and Karli are from Kentucky, she was abused , a puppy mill breeder. The poor girl will never be "normal". We've had her for 4 yrs and she is only marginally better than when we got her, she is just a fear filled non trusting girl. Gus is just a goof, a good ole southern boy, lol. Bella was not abused but neglected, she was a mess when we got her a year ago, from another breeder here in MA. I just don't have enough hands or arms to scratch , rub and hug them all at once, each pushes the others out of the way to get to me. I wouldn't trade them for the world. I tell DH that he will go before them.LOL
Closed Thread