Old 11-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Fall into Fitness Chat Thread Week 5 (11/04/13 - 11/10/13)

Hi Blue Team her we are on week 5. They have gone by so fast already. Not sure I have much to chat about right now. Just came home from a long hard day at the hospital so I'm taking a little me time break before bed.

I'll try to come on tomorrow and check in. Thanks for understanding and the support you've shown
Old 11-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Blue Team:

Total Lost: -2.0 lbs (-0.06%)

Blue Team Biggest Loser: Secret Swan (-2.0 lbs, -1.24%)

Honorable Mentions:

LittleBlueCat (-2.0 lbs, -1.21%)
hiddenstar (-2.0 lbs, -1.20%)
Robot (-0.8 lbs, -0.43%)

Congratulations to all the week 4 losers !

It's been pretty up in the air around the house these past couple of weeks... we're pretty much just waiting for hubby's new job to come through then we'll be moving. I may stay here until Spring so I can make the drive across country when there won't be snow on the roads.

On the plus side my eating has been good. Typically when the stress is like this I turn to food but this time has been different. Definitely a win !

Hope everyone has a great week 5 !
Old 11-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Congrats to everyone whether you lost, maintain or going to keep at the challenge. This definitely takes a committment of mind and body.

I'm going to be going to the gym in a little bit. Starting to feel the muscles under the fat. hopefully i will see them some day.

Had a NSV this week. I didnt have pizza when family did. This is first time i could do this.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #4  

CONGRATULATIONS to Secret Swan, LittleBlueCat, hiddenstar and robot. Awesome job ladies.

Congratulations to all of our losers this week as well. My posting of a gain hurt the team this week sorry about that. But it was either post the gain or be eliminated:-). Doesn't look good for a leader to be off the team.....lol

Leslie - it's tough being in limbo your doing great. Awesome when you don't turn to food for comfort. If your able to stick it out til spring I would do that too. Tough drive across country in the winter.

hiddenstar - I, sure you already have muscles showing were just more critical of ourselves. Keep up the great work.

Well it was a long day yesterday and still tired this morning but here we go on a new week. Lets do this blue team.

Last edited by Bigmid; 11-04-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/188/150

Height: 5'2

I was away this weekend and didn't expect to get home so late last night
I missed weigh in!! ;(
Old 11-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations, everyone!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

trying to get back into walking after returning from vacation. Walked two miles today for a total of four months this month.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #8  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I did super good yesterday. Walked 2 miles on my lunch hour, then went to my Pulse Fitness with Toning class after work. It was super hard this time. I could barely lift my 3 lbs dumbbells after 20 minutes or so. Struggled through the rest of the class. Maybe I should buy me 2 lbs dumbbells. And after getting my arms muscled up, then go back to the 3 lbs... I will think about it.

Today's lunch hour, they offer kettle bell class. Which I'm planning on going. I just hope my arms will hold up!

I now only wish I do this good the rest of the week, for I noticed, I only workout on Mon. Tue. Wed. Sat. Then again, maybe it's not that bad, most of those days I do something on lunch hour and after work. So combined, it's like 6-7 hour long workouts, right?

I only I stay on track on eating over the weekend...
Old 11-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 277/231/150

Height: 5' 4"

LittleBlueCat - you are doing great! And good for Seaurchin for getting back into walking. I walked 2 miles after work yesterday. Keep forgetting to wear my fitbit but I'm not getting close to 10,000 steps these days. Took the plunge and ordered a mini-trampoline yesterday - I'm so excited to start jumping daily. It's such a splurge I don't think there's a chance I will not use it. I have a lot more energy now that I've lost 37 lbs since August. I weighed in at 239 this morning - I love getting into a new decade! Very motivating.

Last edited by pearlfit; 11-07-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #10  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Hey Blue Team! Some may remember me (or not) I was on this team for quite a few challenges, but in February found out I was pregnant. I have since had a little girl and she is a month old. I just got the clearance to return to weight watchers and exercise (no ab workouts till 2-3 more weeks)! I see you guys are doing well this challenge! Obviously I missed the cutoffs for this challenge, but I'd like to stick around to chat with y'all and join next challenge. Challenges always helped me stick to my lifestyle change, and since I gained 60+ pounds ( only need to lose 40 pounds + another 40 i needed to lose previously lol), I will definitely need to get my butt back in gear!
Good luck Everyone!!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Hey PageLynn - welcome back and congrats on the baby. I have been on past challenges with you. I am amazed that you had the baby already. Doesn't seem like that much time has gone by since you told us you were pregnant. Time travels so fast but this weight lost is so slow.

Pearlfit - did you get to try trampoline yet? How did it go.

Littlebluecat - Did you do the kettleball class? I have wanted to try kettleball. Read good things about it but afraid that it would hurt my back.

Bigmid - how's your mom doing now that itbeen a few days since surgery? Have you gotten back on track yet? Being a caregiver can be stressful.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

I hope everyone will understand when I say I'm leaving this challenge. It's not quite what I expected but mostly I'm taking a break from 3fc. I'm not stopping my weight loss efforts. I will reach my goal! I wish every single one of you the best (both teams)
Old 11-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 277/231/150

Height: 5' 4"

Best Wishes Only Believe! Changing things up can be good. When I first joined 3fc I remember seeing you and others ahead of me and making progress which was so inspiring. So thanks!

My (very expensive) fitness trampoline has been shipped and is due to arrive the middle of next week. Can't wait - I'll report back when I start bouncing.

Nice to meet you PageLynn and welcome to your baby girl. I know it's a great feeling to begin to get back into shape after the baby.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #14  

Ok, guys, I have a "problem." Well, a concern, since I am quite pleased with the situation and don't want it to turn out to be a problem.

So I've been on track with the calorie counting, more or less, since mid-July. It's working! Hooray! The last couple of months it is working slower, though. Like I will lose a couple of pounds, then bounce up and down for a while, then lose a pound. It averages out well, and while I get pissy during the lulls, I am basically satisfied with my progress. My best friend locally says diets and calorie restriction don't work, and that I will hit a wall and then gain it back. I know this is not true, but it does still make me worry a bit. So I joined a challenge to make sure I stay committed. Thanks, guys!

Anyway, that's where I am. Now the "problem" is that HOLY CRAP I have lost a ton of weight this week! I've recently started strength training, and I've done it most mornings the last couple of weeks, and I have also stepped up my walking, but I've probably done slightly less intense cardio and I have been eating a bit more to match the extra walking. And as of today I weight 4.5 pounds less than my last weigh-in. Which would be normal if it were my first week of calorie counting, but it is not. Am I ok? Should I be doing something different? Or is it ok to just lay back and enjoy it, since the odds are it'll slow way back down on its own? I feel good--sore from the strength training, but in a healthy way.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #15  

Only believe, best of luck! You're an inspiration, and I hope you come back and check in sometime. We will miss you.