Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I lost 40 pounds!

So many happy things the last few days!
* I've officially lost 40 pounds!
* I bought size 8 jeans, and now that I've worn them for a couple of days, they're actually pretty loose.
* A co-worker told me tonight that he didn't want be creepy but he wanted me to know I've been looking really good lately and have I been losing a lot of weight? I've been getting some comments, which is actually kind of awkward, but this guy was obviously so worried he'd sound inappropriate or like he was hitting on me (he's married with kids) that it feels like a more real compliment, you know? He wouldn't have said it if he didn't think I was looking different.
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #2  
Crusin' into a new me

S/C/G: 260/234/160 reboot

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!!! That is awesome !!

I say take the compliments from where they come. But, I can relate to it being a bit uncomfortable at times. It is nice for a "good guy" to tell you too. His wife would be proud of him. I know I would be proud of my hubby.

Thanks for sharing and encouraging me too !!

Best Wooshes!

~b
BuffieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/172/150

Height: 5'2"

That is wonderful.....
I have also started to be 'questioned' abt my weight loss. I just sort of sidetrack the question as of now but yeah...with ur loss, u should proudly acknowledge it.
Doesn't it feel great....congrats!!!
iamritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Congrats!
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

That's insane, congratulations
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #7  
diamondgeog

Congrats. And it isn't about this post in particular but many I see on 3FC. It kind of makes me sad. But I know from being a guy I find healthy looking women attractive. I also see many posts I want to look good, sometimes even the word hot is used by the poster. But then being attractive is uncomfortable. It just seems so insanely convoulated.

Is male attention really that bad? It also seems the woman can always say no. I got told no plenty of times. So is it that bad to have more male attention? More to choose from if you are dating? I thought choice was a good thing.

Anyhow it seems absurdly tragic someone might not get healthy just because they might be more attractive. I know it isn't a rationalization I am sure it is real to a lot of women. It just seems so awful for that to be a 'worry' instead of a really nice additional benefit of losing weight.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

@diamondgeog, I'm not speaking for everyone, I'm sure, but I know that for women who have been overweight for a while, the male attention can be unnerving. When I first decided to start losing weight I was excited that guys may finally look at me as an attractive female and not just that genderless pal who hangs out with them, but the more I read and thought about it, the more I feel that I wouldn't know how to handle any kind of attention from guys, and it scares the pants off me. Irrational, perhaps, but what can you do?
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I'd love a reasonable amount of male attention! What I meant by awkward is that while I certainly hope I look better, I mostly hear it from random female co-workers, and there's the whole "what are you doing?" "Counting calories" discussion, which...I'll get it down to an elevator pitch on a little while, I'm sure. The guy who complimented me last night was, I think, worried he would seem slimy or unprofessional for paying attention to a coworker's body. He's friendly and we all joke around a lot, and I think he worries about staying on the right side of the line with his mostly female colleagues and our fundamentalist Christian management. But yeah, I'd like it if a cute single guy were interested.

What's weird for me is that my close friends, who (I do think this is a factor) are not at their ideal weights, do not ever say anything to me and in fact seem to be annoyed with me lately.

Last edited by Secret Swan; 11-05-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #10  
diamondgeog

I've had women coworkers joke with me how I am looking better and it's nice.

I am glad you are looking forward to attention. As I said it would make me feel sad someone might not want to lose weight because of attention. Although totally understand how male attention especially if slimy would not be welcome.

Will be interesting to see my daughter deal with this as she grows up and I will help her as best as I can.

Not the slimey kind but the boys, hopefully decent, being interested in her attention. But will also help no matter the attention but hope it is the good kind.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 11-05-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations!!! That is fantastic!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #12  
Just watch me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Swan View Post
What's weird for me is that my close friends, who (I do think this is a factor) are not at their ideal weights, do not ever say anything to me and in fact seem to be annoyed with me lately.
That's sad but not uncommon - you're rocking the boat, my dear and they are uncomfortable with your new look. Your behaviors have changed, as have your energies. Ignore them. Be happy. Be healthy.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Congratulations! Keep up the great work!
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote