Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 09:11 PM   #1  
soontobethin

Default stay at home moms #101

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, encouragement and support as we try to maintain a household, raise a family and lose weight. Feel free to join us. Newcomers are welcome in addition to our regular posters. Hope to see you posting often! We are glad you are here! Have a great OP day!!
Old 11-12-2003, 10:03 PM   #2  

Hi I am just going to jump in.
Well today started out go till I started to think about the weekend. I am a stress eater. I am stressing over my inlaws coming over for the weekend. I got in to the kids Halween choclate. I know I should have got rid of it but it is the kids. I know better too.
Well the day started out good and I did a work out and ate well. I am starting a new day tomorw. Things are going to be better.
By the way I have 2 kids girl 4 and boy 2.
Tanya
Old 11-12-2003, 11:12 PM   #3  
Movin' to the Country!

Welcome Tanya, I am just the opposite...boy 4 and girl 2. What is your goal weight and where are you at currently? Are you on any specific plan? I am writing today off also and hoping for a better day tomorrow!

Welcome Julie! Looking forward to hearing more from you! I am 20 to 30 pounds from my goal weight also. I'm going for 30 but I may be too old to carry it off (I'll be 29 in less than a month!!!). If so, I will be happy with the extra 10 pounds!

Thanks Ginny! I finally figured out how to get a picture on here, I have a program that shrunk it to a thumbnail. That one is kinda old but the only decent one that I already had on my computer. WTG on your loss!!! I wish I had your determination when it comes to walking. If the sun is not in the right place in the sky, I may not go, forget rain!!!

Misty, that is the dd and me, about 1 1/2 years ago, back before she hated the camera and refused to sit still for a picture. My mom didn't have to have any kind of treatment for her kidney. Her mom was so scared when she got pregnant with me thinking she would have problems, but never did through 3 pregnancies and to this day has never experienced another problem.

Well, I'm only up trying to get dh some pants washed for his little golf tournament thingy tomorrow. It's really sickening that he is going to get paid for working tomorrow when all but 2 hours of it will be spent golfing! How could I work medical billing into a trip to Chuck E. Cheese so I could get paid? Any ideas?!?

Hope everyone has a good night! Misty, hope you get some sleep because sounds like you don't have much longer.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:05 AM   #4  
Movin' to the Country!

Ok, I'm gonna see if I can get a couple pictures on here. I think I am figuring this out, slowly but surely!
Old 11-13-2003, 12:06 AM   #5  
Movin' to the Country!

Here's DH and kids
Old 11-13-2003, 12:08 AM   #6  
Movin' to the Country!

Those are more recent, from this past summer. Not very clear though. Spryng, how did you get your pictures so clear? Do you have a digital camera?
Old 11-13-2003, 09:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Candy so great to see your pictures!!!! Yes I do have a 3.2 megapixel digital camera so the pictures are really good. The ones I posted were actually done in email format so they weren't as good as the originals. I LOVE my new camera. May I ask something?? Were those pics taken of your family done at a convention??? I thought I recognized the name tags.
Ricci thanks for starting the new thread... how are you doing??
Ginny!!!!! I'm so proud of you!! 3 lbs gone and now under 150 lbs!!!! You have come such a long way! I'm actually still reading all of our old posts.. I started at the one I joined at #22 and I am up to #36... whew! Alot of reading but it's fun to see how we have all changed. So is it hard to be at 20 pts a day? I may be less than 150 next week and I don't know if I will handle 20 pts very well. I do so great on 22 but I USE all 22 or I'm hungry. Let me know how it goes for you and CONGRATS again!!!
Jen, are you worried about the surgery? I never heard of them removing a thyroid. Is it a common procedure? Since thyroids can really make losing weight hard... especially when they are underactive, how will not having one effect weight loss?
Hi Julie!!! Are you coming back topost with us again? I hope so. And yes I use frozen chicken breasts... I just cook it on high heat instead of low for 6-8 hours. But I have made it with thawed too... just depends on how fast you want it done. But either way it comes out well. You can also use regular taco seasoning mix if you don't mind the extra sodium. Doesn't change the pt value.
Misty.... how are you feeling today? Did the contractions go away? You should take a long warm bath. That will help relax your muscles and maybe that is what you need to get labor going. Perhaps your DH would give you a nice massage too. You deserve it! Let us know how things go for you today.
Ginny, I forgot to answer your other questions... FIL is coming home friday. I have mixed emotions about this. He is still not doing great but the hospital has given up on him. because he's been a smoker all his life and never managed his diabetes they don't feel like he is worth going the extra mile for. I want him to go get a second opinion but again my MIL won't take him. She hasn't even seen him all week!!!! ok, I promise not to harp on that subject again. But she complains about medical bills and won't make another one to get a second opinion. I feel so bad for him. But he says he going to stop smoking... but he's said that before so we'll see. But yes, he'll be home friday. So will my DH. I can't wait to see him. I want to have a nice weekend with my family.
Ok, I guess I have written enough. I'm just sticking around the house to clean today and that is it. Can't wait until my WI on saturday!
Ok, talk to you ladies later!!
Old 11-13-2003, 11:17 AM   #8  
Domestic Engineer

Just a fly-by to say to Ginny!! Awesome! Babedom here you come!!
I have preschool pals this morning with the little ones and swimming this after-noon. BBL (when I can catch my breath!)
Old 11-13-2003, 11:19 AM   #9  
Domestic Engineer

testing...
Old 11-13-2003, 11:29 AM   #10  
Movin' to the Country!

Spryng, yes those name tags were from a convention I attended this summer. How did you recognize them?

I just bought a new 35 mm camera that I love but I might get a cheapie digital for putting stuff on the computer.

Emily, what a cutie! What's his name? Have fun swimming! (I take it that you swim indoors!)

Gotta run.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:49 AM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!
Welcome Tanya!!! It looks as though you are no stranger to 3fatchicks......but I am glad that you stopped in!!! Have you been reading this thread for a while and just now decided to join us?
How much do you want to lose? Hope you avoided the dreaded chocolate. Good luck with the inlaws visit.......drink lots of water- it helps from eating everything in sight!

Candy- what a beautiful family you have!!!! I love the pics! Medical billing at ChuckECheese's????? Well, lets get creative and see if there is a way~ bring a laptop and a cell phone........hey, at least you can work in your jammies! (I used to tech write from home, so I know a bit of what you can do). How has your day been? I hear ya with the last 10 #. That is how I came up with my goal wgt. I am a few years older than when I was last 140#- but it used to be a comfortable weight, not a super thin one.

Emily- what a cutie!!!!! Love the picture!!!!! Thanks for the congrats......hope to hear from you later.

Spryng- my advice for breaking the 150 barrier (and the 20 point level) is keep the 22 points and just reduce the total # of flex points you have a week. Instead of 35, give yourself 25. I found 20 points self defeating- they are used up so quickly, even with activity points added in. I always felt as though I did not have enough points to make any choices- I never felt deprived, just so limited. I am so sorry about FIL- isn't it sad that the Drs have kind of written him off? Each life is precious- I know you know that. Do what you must do so that you know you have done the right thing- for yourself and Dh. If FIL willnot/cannot quit smoking......there is little you can do. We had a similar problem with my FIL- also diabetic, who refuses to monitor blood sugar and eats whatever he wants. (Plus he has emphasema- is skeletally thin...shall I go on???) We bought him a glucose monitor and all the t esting strips- plus a portable O2 tank, and the rest is up to him and MIL. You might have to do the same kind of thing. Good thing that Joe will be home this weekend- I'll pray for comfort for him, as facing all this might be tough. (and strength for you!). Hang in there, you are a fine DIL.

Michele- I sure hope that your lack of posting is good news!!!! We are all thinking and praying for you, Hon!

No walk today- I had to take a break (actually just needed the sleep!!!) I am making the chicken for dinner (crock pot one).
Guess I'd better go get the recipe! Have a great day!
Ginny

WW tip #8- Track your points in a journal daily. Your leader can use it to discuss with you any problems that may be hindering your success. (added tip from me-also useful as a reminder of a good week when you lost a lot)
Old 11-13-2003, 01:13 PM   #12  

Hi everyone What great pictures you all have. Well I have not been reading your e-mails but been on and off this group for a long time. I justed moved 2 weeks ago for the second time. We are now in our house. We moved for my hubbies job and now I live an hour away from my family. Some ways it is harder for me but eating is better.
Well the plan that I have been on is portion control( when I can) Lately it can be hard. I also workout regularly. Aleast once a day try to take on day off a week. I do the treadmill and work out tapes. I was down to 145 but when the move was coming around in May. The stress of waiting to hear if we got the job and finding a house to move into I put on 15 pounds. My totla goal for me would be between 140 to 145. I know once I put my mind to it I will get back there.
Tanya
Old 11-13-2003, 02:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi Tanya! I think you can definitely get off those 15#'s!! Is it hard living an hour away from your parents? I live 4 hours from any of my family... but most of my family is states away. I'm used to it now though. How do you like your new house? We are thinking of selling soon and moving to a nearby town. We need a bigger house now that we have 3 kids.
Ginny, let me know what you think of the chicken ok? I like it in tortillas but some like it on rice or pasta or alone. How are you making it? Today is left over day for me so I'll be having leftover chicken and cheese casserole for dinner. I really like it. But I made out my meal plan for this upcoming week and I'm trying 3 new recipes. one is a homemade chilli recipe done in the crock pot, and two are pork chop recipes. One of those is a crockpot one too. Those are the easiest meals aren't they?
Candy, are you using a scanner? Your kids are so cute.
Well... my day is just flying by. FIL is getting released as we speak. They switched his medicine last night to pills and he tolerated it well so they decided to send him home today. I hope he does ok on the 2 hour ride home.
Talked to DH this afternoon and he has requested a roast for tomorrow's dinner. I thought it was funny. Poor guy eats so much fast food and junk that he can't wait to get home and get a home cooked meal. So I got the roast thawing out. I have to go find out how many points it is per serving though. Ginny do you know?
Ok, I'm off of here. TTYL!
Old 11-13-2003, 02:37 PM   #14  
Movin' to the Country!

Spryng, yes, I use a scanner and the pictures look good when I scan them in but they don't look so good on here. My kids may be cute but they are rotten! You've got some cuties yourself. I would have never imagined that Eva was 3! She is sooo tiny. I wanted a tiny petite girl but it is not be. Kylie is solid. She's only 2 1/3 and she is already 34 pounds! No fat on that body but she is extrememly athletic, especially for a 2 year old. I'm wondering how you recognized the badges in my pictures...email me about it if you want. ([email protected]) I know you must be excited about DH coming home! I can't imagine having mine gone all the time. I don't know how you do it with 3 kids!!!

Tanya, glad to have you here. I lived 6 hours away from my family when I first got married and that was really rough. Now, I am under 20 minutes away from parents and in-laws. We are building a house in the country and then I will be 2 minutes from my in-laws and 7 minutes from my parents. I can't wait! Even with my family here, though I need the support that I have been finding on the Net. It's nice to talk to other moms who are going through the same types of things with same struggles and setbacks but are still striving to reach healthy, happier weights. I have failed at weightloss so many times, I figured it was time to try something different, so here I am.

Well, I've gotta go run an errand or two. Still working on these bikes. Trying to make them look half way decent so noone thinks I stole them and spray painted them to keep them from being identified!!!

TTYL!!!
Old 11-13-2003, 02:46 PM   #15  
Domestic Engineer

about my picture...I tried leaving one of the 3 boys, but was too big so I tried that one, but didn't even check to see if it worked! Anyway, that's the baby, Ian, taken several weeks ago...he was about 5 months there.

Candy- I wanted to tell you that you have a very nice looking family!! Very cute kids!~

Welcome Tanya! I'm Emily mom to 3 boys 5.5, 3 and 6 mo. I'm also in Alberta! (southern part)

Your dinners sound good Spryng! I love my crockpot too- today I'm trying a new recipe called "Autumn Porkchops"-- onions on the bottom, sweet potatoes, the porkchops and apples on top. Cook with a bit of apple juice and brown sugar and cinnamon on the potatoes and apples. I'll let you know if we like it. It sure smells good!

Jen - hope you are doing well today and Michele, hope you are having a baby perhaps!! Hi to Sandy and Ricci too!

Well, need to feed the kids...bbl
Closed Thread