Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #1  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Godzilla reward for 50 pounds down!

51 pounds, actually... If you want to see what I gave myself for losing the first big chunk, go to ArtfulHome.com and type "Godzilla" in the search field.

Was it expensive? Yes! Am I worth it? Oh yes!

I'm using my reward even as we speak... =big smile=

It's a lovely website, by the way, a very fun place to go "window-shopping."
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

If I was looking at the right thing (the Godzilla mug?), it's really cute. Also, I love the website. I think I'm going to be wasting quite a bit of time on it

A huge congratulations on your weight loss. How are you going about it so far?
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #3  
rockin' my 60s!

That's right, ILV, it's the Godzilla mug. I love drinking my coffee out of it!

I'm doing the Atkins "induction" phase, which is all the protein & fat that you want to eat, plus under 20 gm. of carbos a day, mostly in the form of green vegetables. The book says you're only supposed to do it for a few weeks, but I've been on it for many months, and I feel terrific. I chose Atkins because (1) way back in the 1970s, when I was much much thinner to begin with, I easily lost 25 pounds on it; (2) I don't want to fuss with counting, weighing, or measuring anything; (3) I love most of the allowed foods, such as smoked turkey, roast beef, salmon, cheese, cream, and macadamia nuts; (4) I've read Gary Taubes's Good Calories, Bad Calories and Why We Get Fat, and I completely agree with his conclusions. (I highly recommend the latter; the former is dense and hard to get through.)

I think everyone has to find out what plan suits them, both mentally and physically. Some people like to cook; some don't. Some like counting things and keeping careful records; some don't. Some people get easily bored; some don't. Some people need to have special treats in moderation; some don't. Some people get along great with food A & food B; some people get along better with food X & food Y. And so on... We're all unique individuals with unique minds & unique bodies.

How is your own journey coming along, ILV? Does your plan work for you? Are you able to stay motivated?
Old 11-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

I'm not following any plan at the moment. I wanted to start small so I started out with cutting down on portions and stopping with nighttime bingeing, which was my biggest problem. Motivation wise, there are good days and bad days but on the whole I know I have to keep this going so I haven't considered giving up.

I'm staying at home with my parents at the moment while I look for a job, but once I get one and move out (fingers crossed that I'll get one in the next one or two months) and my schedule is more certain, I want to start with a strict diet plan, so I'm reading about different ones right now. Always nice to know what works for others
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #6  
rockin' my 60s!

ILV, you should know, if don't already, that a "strict diet plan" does not mean you have to go hungry. With Atkins or similar diets based on restriction of carbohydrates, you can eat all the protein and fat you want.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #7  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Cute mug! And what a great idea for a weight loss gift, it'll be such a positive reinforcement during meals and snacks!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote