Old 11-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Default How to spread out 2,000 calories..

I am starting with a 2,000 calorie "diet" for now to see how I do and make sure it doesn't affect my milk supply (I am nursing).
I find I am hungriest in the evening.

What would be the best way to distribute my calories for meals & snacks?
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunSize View Post
I am starting with a 2,000 calorie "diet" for now to see how I do and make sure it doesn't affect my milk supply (I am nursing).
I find I am hungriest in the evening.What would be the best way to distribute my calories for meals & snacks?
There is no best way, IMO. There is only the best way for you. I also eat about 2,000 cals per day, and what's best for me may be vastly different than what's best for you. My plan is (very roughly) as follows:

Breakfast: 500 cals
Snack: 100 cals
Lunch: 500 cals
Dinner: 500 cals
Wine & milk in coffee: 200 cals

Trial and error have taught me that I'm hungriest in the earlier part of the day and that I function best with evenly spaced meals of approximately equal calories, with small snacks to prevent me from getting hungry. I've learned that my will power is no match for my hunger. So, not being hungry is a higher priority for me than feeling full. It takes A LOT of calories for me to feel full (as in 2,500+ in one sitting) so I've accepted it's a feeling I have to live without, except on occasional planned pigouts.

Other people distribute their calories in completely different ways. You'll have to discover your own sweet spot.

Freelance

Last edited by freelancemomma; 11-04-2013 at 12:32 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/167/130

Height: 5' 3"

hi, i'm nursing too and i've adopted a between 1800 - 2200 range. I tried keeping it at 2000 but some days i'm well under and some days over.
I eat a lot of porridge as its a good food for increasing (maintaining) supply. Oats are pretty high in calories thought.
I get up very early so i tend to snack a lot. I find drinking water is the best way to maintain supply thought. I drink as much of it as i can and always a glass before and after feeding. Overkill I know but nursing is more important to me right now than losing weight but i would like to do both.
Fakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #4  

Instead of focusing on how to distribute your calories, look into eating satiating food.

High protein foods tend to keep you full for long periods of time. For me, I eat squid. It's low in calories compared to other meats, but it keeps me full for hours.
AppundanceTim is offline   Reply With Quote