Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

Talking Have you noticed certain features on your face...

... that weren't obvious or even visible before your weight loss?

This might be a silly question but I'm kind of curious. I didn't know where to put this, either.

I've noticed that I have a slight hint of a cleft chin/dimpled chin/superhero chin. I can't for the life of me remember if I've ever had dimples as a kid (I started gaining weight at 17, 28 now). Sometimes if I smile real hard, I see the faint happenings of a dimple forming at the corner of my lips.

So have you been surprised by the emergence of dimples or any other features on your face that you didn't have before because of the weight?
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #2  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

As my jawline emerges (wow, I have one?!), I'm noticing that perhaps my face isn't round? Heck, I'm not even sure if I've got a square-shaped or heart-shaped face or what, I'm just happy that it's no longer round! Which gives me different options for flattering hairstyles and frames for glasses.

Last edited by Elladorine; 10-07-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #3  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

On the positive side, I think my lips look plumper now that my face is less plump!

But, I also now have a bump on my forehead! I've fallen several times face-first in my lifetime, and I guess one of those healed badly. It's a visible bump right in the middle of my forehead.. about the size of a nickle, and raised slightly. It wasn't visible at all when I was heavier. I noticed it about 40 lbs ago. Not sure what to do about it. It's definitely bone. Has anyone else had something like this appear?
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:22 AM   #4  

Yes. My face is what surprised me the most with my weight loss, fortunately and unfortunately
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #5  

Elladorine, I feel like my face has slimmed (I've only lost 15 lbs so far but I tend to lose from my face first, it seems) and already the sides of my face seem to be looking slightly gaunt-ish. My face looks less and less round, too

AwShucks, that's something I'm a little worried about. I don't have Angelina Jolie-esque lips by any stretch of the imagination but I'm afraid that with the weight loss, my lips will shrink, too. Lol.

ReillyJ, my family has this one physical trait. We have long noses with large nostrils. I seem to have escaped the big nostrils part but I wonder if my nose would be more prominent on my face. It doesn't bother me much but it's a thought. Maybe it feels more noticeable to you but it really isn't as noticeable to others as you think.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwShucks View Post
On the positive side, I think my lips look plumper now that my face is less plump!

But, I also now have a bump on my forehead! I've fallen several times face-first in my lifetime, and I guess one of those healed badly. It's a visible bump right in the middle of my forehead.. about the size of a nickle, and raised slightly. It wasn't visible at all when I was heavier. I noticed it about 40 lbs ago. Not sure what to do about it. It's definitely bone. Has anyone else had something like this appear?
my mom has always had a large bump on her head, upper middle forehead area like the hairline area, and it's always been solid....it bothers her a little in terms of appearance but no doctors have ever seemed worried as far as I know...I never considered that it could be from an earlier fall in her life...she's never talked about how long she's had it but she's always been a very private person

ive noticed that my nose has gotten smaller(??) I think and I remember once a doctor saying that my nasal passages were very narrow, which is one reason I have sinus issues...but I never thought anything of it until now my nose itself looks smaller
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #7  

Height: 5'2"

I have a very strong, straight nose. I got it from my father. I always knew I had it, but I am afraid that it will look more prominent on my face. I also have a wide mouth with very full, naturally dark lips and very fair skin. I'm afraid that with less facial "padding" these features will stand out more, and I'll look bizarre. But I comfort myself; Anne Hathway has a large dark mouth on fair skin, AND a strong nose, and my fiance considers her to be one of the most desirable women in Hollywood.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #8  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

My face looks like it did when I was 15-17. So get those old pics out.

Last edited by IanG; 10-13-2013 at 05:42 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
My face looks like it did when I was 15-17. So get those old pics out.
Ian, good idea. I think I'll do that. But now that I remember it, I was a goofy looking kid at that age, lol.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

I've noticed my features have become more prominent in general. Like my eyes look bigger and my lips look bigger and my nose looks bigger too, also I've noticed that I have very strong cheek bones that come through more and more as I lose
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #11  
In the TARDIS

S/C/G: 368/ticker/168

Height: 6'0"

I'm discovering cheekbones (wasn't sure I had any hiding under there). I'm hoping they become more prominent as I lose, I love strong cheekbones.

Wish my nose wasn't looking so big now, though.
LaceyCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/170/144

Height: 5'10"

My whole face shape is different than I thought it was!I thought I had an oval face, but it's actually diamond shaped, with a much sharper chin than I ever thought I could have... I was always chubby as a kid, so didn't really ever have a time when my chin would have been super visible!
rocksplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #13  
I dream in sci-fi

S/C/G: 222/150/150

Height: 5'6"

I have my mother's and grandmother's jawline. Very strong, square jaw. And since I've lost weight, my mouth looks like Sigorney Weaver's. It's cool.
JuvenileNarcissist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

At 51, it has been a VERY pleasant surprise to see that the start of jowls has completely evaporated. At 180 lbs, I could see the start of the sagging of my checks, and the start of jowls (the droopy flesh over the lower jaw bone). Lost weight and - BOOM - jowls gone. It's great. Made my face look 15 years younger. My weight loss was very slow, and I also use a lot of cardio HIIT exercise. I believe that improving my vascular health is just as important as the weight loss. When I started HIIT (interval training), my skin just started to glow. So, yeah, I am pretty happy those d**m jowls are gone. I was rapidly evolving into looking elderly. That will happen soon enough, but at least I can do without the jowls (for now).
delmarva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #15  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Cheek bones. For those of you needing to lose 100lbs+, the facial changes are dramatic. People will seriously not recognise you!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote