Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #1  

Default Hello all :) new here

Hello all

My name is Jenn and I live in Canada with my 2 angels ( lol) who are 9 and 6. The reason why I joined was because I'm trying to lose at least 20 pounds and tone everything up. I try to eat healthy, but being a single mom on a very tight budget, and I swear no time in the world, I find it hard to work out, and to know how to eat really good to actually lose weight. I find it easier to make chicken nuggets and fries for my kids and I while doin homework, cleaning etc after working a 9 hr day, and still have to maintain the cleaniness of my home. A friend of mine told me about a app that works very well for workouts that kick your butt, but I seem to have no time.
I find that I'm literally love chocolate and cookies lol. I don't really know what a good diet would be to really lose weight, besides cutting my beloved cookies and chocolate lol. As well, no clue how to count calories.

I hope to find guidance, advice and friends in my journey.

Talk to you all soon

Last edited by Lesserri; 11-02-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Adding
Lesserri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jenn! If you want to cut calories, there is an app you can get for your phone and/or computer called myfitnesspal that lots of people here use and really like. It keeps track for you! A good start to counting calories is to set a range of between 1200-1500 calories. Most people can lose on that amount and it's not too low. You don't want to go below 1200 calories though because then you risk slowing down your metabolism and you don't want to do that! I am not on a calorie-counting diet, but I have been before and you can't go wrong with it. It's a good plan, especially for someone starting out who would like to keep her chocolate treats! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #3  

Hi Jacqui

Thank you for the welcome. I found the app and downloading as I type. I find there are so many different peoe, and diets that tell you to what not to eat, or just eat chicken and fish, but I like good food. Has anyone tried just eating what they want in moderation and still lose weight? I feel like I'm new to eating lol. I don't just want to eat chicken or fish. I want to enjoy food.

K, I put in my food diary, and apparently I'm not eating enough calories. I know I don't eat a lot, but I eat when I make food for my youngsters.

Last edited by Lesserri; 11-03-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Lesserri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Yes, people do eat what they want in moderation. That's the good part about counting calories. You can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your calorie range.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote