Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 12:13 PM   #1  
Pure Energy

Lightbulb 30th b-day ideas?

Hello Wonderful Women of Atkins!

Wondering if you could give me some ideas. Coming up in January is my 30th birthday. I would like to do something to mark it as special. We won't have too much money or any time to take a vacation. I don't see 30 in a negative light at all but as a wonderful step onto the next leg of my journey. Heaven knows the 20's leg of my journey is a tired, worn out one that I'm ready to give up already. So...

I would love all of your creative flexing muscles to help me out. Star Princess, I'm counting on you big time on this one
Looking forward to hearing your ideas.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:18 PM   #2  
reaching my goals

I hated turning 30 so I don't have any good ideas. I do like that you're looking at it in a positive light though. I also love the pic of you and the little one.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:34 PM   #3  
Head Princess

Ah the pressure! I'll think on it. When I turn 30, I'm pretty sure that I'll just go drink enough to not remember it

I'm a little insane and get a kick out of the bizzare so while I'm thinking, here's a couple of things I've done.

1. Dress up (as dressy as possible and then add too much jewelry) add 1 tiara. Grab a fancy table cloth, battery operated "candles", a single rose in a vase, and an equally dressy person(s). Proceed to the fast-food restaraunt of your choice and enjoy an lovely, "candle" lit dinner. You can even bring wine glasses for your diet soda.

2. **Warning** this is not for everyone!!!! Have an adult scavenger hunt with a group of girls. Nothing freaks men out more than having a group of women charging into an adult store looking for some bizzare toy or video

3. Ice blocking. If you haven't done this before, it's a blast and will not only keep you moving, but makes you feel incredibly young if it doesn't kill you. Each participating party must purchase their own block of ice. Proceed to a steep, grassy hill. Go to the top of the hill, place a small blanket or coat on top of your block of ice to keep your tush from freezing, then sit on it. Now slide down the hill on your block of ice. Great fun!
Old 11-12-2003, 12:45 PM   #4  

Haha..im cracking up on your ideas...those are sweet! I have never slid down a hill on a block of ice..but a friend and I did roll down a hill after a night of drinking once! back when i was young and carefree of course! lol.....

I will think of some ideas for your bday jamlinrich.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:00 PM   #5  
Each Bite of Sugar...

I turned 30 almost 3 years ago... and don't have the foggiest notion what I did to celebrate it other than have dinner with my dh.... we didn't have Bridget at the time... and no, we didn't get pg with her then either.

When I turned 31, Bridget was 10 days old so I stayed at HOME with her. My mom brought me a cake that I couldn't eat. The rest is still a fog since I was both sleep deprived and recovering from my nasty C-section. I may have had a fever that night, too.

Hmmmm.... so far my 30's are turning out to be really foggy.

LOL!!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 01:04 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I never thought turning 30 would bother me but it really did. I'm afraid to see how I take it when I hit 40 YIKES lol

How about a nice dinner & theater (could be fast food & rocky horror movie or a nice fancy place & a play) personally I'd rather have fast & rocky sounds kinky if I do say so myself

How about hubby treat you to a day of pampering, hair, nails, massage by a mute 20 year old massage therapist named Swen

You and hubby christen the back yard at midnight with a bottle of wine and well you know do some moon light dancing. It will be cold yes but thats the fun of it, snuggling in a sleeping bag to stay warm.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:07 PM   #7  
Head Princess

Wow - great ideas, Leens!
Old 11-12-2003, 01:13 PM   #8  
on my way down again

This is the cutest picture of you two! Adorable! Star's-I don't think that can be beat. haha Leens -great too! Sorry to hear that your birthday was like that Lisa...For me, I've always chose rides into the countryside or forest or beaches and packed a great picnic. Also for our birthdays, I always buy us lobster and cook an all-you-can-eat Atkins meal and a little wine.

Last edited by Barbie101; 11-12-2003 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:16 PM   #9  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

A new toaster oven? foot bath? bedding essemble for your bedroom?

ha ha ha ha ha
I can hear StarPrincess saying "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PRACTICAL KIM??????"

I'll think some more and post later!
Old 11-12-2003, 02:04 PM   #10  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Okay, so my 30's are foggy. For my 40th birthday I'm getting a boob job... I've been planning that for 2 years now. And, if I lose enough weight between now and then, maybe I'll add a tummy tuck, too.

So, 30 wasn't memorable... 40 will be.

I guess I really don't care to upplay my birthdays. My dh's birthday and mine are only a week apart so we celebrate together and usually do dinner and a drive/ or movie/ or dessert/ or whatever. It's usually pretty low key.

This year I think I'll ask for some pampering.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:16 PM   #11  
Head Princess

How about being "Queen for a Day" a la Oprah. Inform everyone that they will be waiting on you and then milk it for all it's worth!

LOL - Kim, I've now made it a personal goal to get you to do something crazy and completely inpractical!
Old 11-12-2003, 04:10 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1"

Another January baby!

On my 30th, I had all my friends get together (about 10 of us) and we went out to a nice place for dinner. Went to some fish-house(not the deep fried kind) since I was watching what I ate too. We spent the time chatting and catching up. Later we all went bowling. Not the most exciting... but my dinner was paid for and bowling was a fun activity (and also paid for)!

The boob job is a great gift-Storybookmama!! And worth it too. (I know from experience!)

What ever you end up doing for your birthday.. I hope you have a memorable one!!

What day in January? Mine is the 19th. Going to be 33. And let me tell you... I think my 30's are better than my 20's!!

Take Care
Old 11-12-2003, 08:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/207/185

Ice Blocking - do that all the time here - it's called WINTER! Just love sliding on my *** on the ice - don't even need a hill - we just step out onto the driveway and hope we don't break a leg on the way to the car! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....in fact don't even need to BUY block of ice - readily available - just look around!

ha ha ha ha ha

Froufie (can you tell I hate winter???)
Old 11-12-2003, 09:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/207/185

Oh ya...forgot the birthday thing - what I've done for dh is planned a treasure hunt for his birthday once (how creative is your hubby)? I planted clues all over the house (he was home alone, but I made him carry around a camera to videotape the silly event).

The funniest is when he made it to the bedroom (at the time it was filled with approx 35 helium balloons) and he just about jumped out of his skin when he opened the door.

The last clue told him to get dressed and meet me at a nice fancy restaurant for dinner where I was waiting for him.

He "returned" the favor when we got engaged - got home to find clues all over the place, he was there with that famous video camera. I was all over the house looking for my "present"...thought it was a calculator for one of my MBA courses.....turns out it was a DIAMOND SOLITAIRE engagement ring. We have it on tape - me crying and swearing and crying....pretty embarrassing, especially when we showed it to our moms!

Froufie
Old 11-12-2003, 09:33 PM   #15  
Head Princess

OMG, Froufie - I love it!!!!
Closed Thread