S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Default 40-somethings November chat

Can you believe it's November??
Old 11-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #2  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Oh, my. I tried on bathing suits last night for our upcoming trip, and looked at my rear view in the mirror. I always feel so good, looking at myself front view, waist up, which is what I normally see in the mirror. This rear bathing suit view?? Ick. Talk about motivating though. Time to get on the weight LOSS path again, rather than maintaining here...

After this trip, I'm going to start hitting the gym hard again...
Old 11-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I can NOT believe it is November already. Scary how fast time is flying.

I also need to make tweaks to get on the LOSS path, Heidi, and I'm not really all that enthused about it either. I'm working up to it.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Happy November! I really need to get back on track! My backside view needs a wide lens to take it all in, if you known what I mean! I weighed in at 161 today. Maybe that translates to 159 without my cast? Who knows.... I'm not happy with the number either way.

Good luck today, ladies!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #5  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Well Ladies I just want to weigh close to what you weigh

Heidi this year has just zoomed by. I keep looking at my babies ... they are growing up so fast. Time is flying.

Mrs. Snark I looked at your progress pictures, you are beautiful and you look great. I would love to lose what you've loss in the time frame that you did, way to go Lady

I had a nice weigh in this morning and I am hoping to keep the trend going through the weekend which is my tough time. I hit a new low of 183.8. We went to the gym, I burned 632 calories according to Nike+ and the scale says 185.2. big sigh, I don't want to see a number higher than 183 in the morning

Have a good night everyone here's to looking great in those swim suits (I haven't bought one in quite awhile)
Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hey Love, thanks for the nice compliment!

Weekends are tough for me too. Yesterday my husband and I drove to Orlando to go to the Nike clearance store and I spent a good part of the trip obsessed with where we would eat, what would I eat, what should I eat, it's the weekend so I want to eat. Sigh. So mentally tiring.

In the end I was so wound up about food I told him to get himself chik-fil-a and I would eat when I got home. I didn't trust myself at that point.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #7  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, hard to believe Nov. is here, for sure.

Love, I had a similar experience this week, after walking about 8 miles and supposedly at a 400 calorie deficit (due to exercise) I was up a pound the next day, so only lost .2 for the week. I figure the low will show up again next week and will keep at it.

Challenge will be with the time change, will probably not be able to do the rail trail during the week, so will have to force myself to jog at the little gym at work. We're looking at recumbent exercise bike for the basement, so will have a little change up in work outs, not all tread mill.

best to all
Old 11-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Wow, great self control Mrs Snark. So far my morning not working out to well. Unfortunately TOM reeled its ugly head. Going to have a nice healthy salad at my son's b-day party.Hopefully the kids will keep me distracted and I don't need to have anything. Most of the party will be outside.
Joined the exercise Challenge that Sum mentioned.

Love: your doing so great
Guac: I'm a little frustrated with my rear view too. Goal is to be in size 14 by the end of the year. I should be there if I can get down to 185.
Heidi: Just think about it though. Your rear view has to be better than it was.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #9  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

It is my birthday month! Yay!

Thanks for starting a new thread Heidi!

How did everyone survive Halloween? I sampled some candy, but it was not too bad.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #10  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Ack! I'm usually confused about monthly changes so this one is no exception.

Hubby got home a day early and surprised me at Knit Night out with my friends. So that was fun, but then we had to take poor April to the vet. She's apparently allergic to something in our yard because she had the same rash last October.

My eating has been better but not stellar. I haven't weighed either. I'm not sure I want to know. But I'm going to this week. My knee is much better, also.

Hope you guys are well.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello everyone and happy November.......wow, what a couple of weeks I've had....I was starting to feel really run down and achey.....got a nice cold sore to prove it (yuck) and have been making it a point to get more sleep at night and pace myself. I feel much better.......

I am three days away from closing on my house I'm very excited about it..but upset because ex husband is hiding things so I cant move them out of the house and he's just acting like a class A turd. Needless to say dieting hasn't been on the top of my list. Im teetering at about 144/145 and not making any progress.....I managed to get through Halloween without binging too much on candy although I did have some......now that it is colder I can't get away with just a sundress..so i'm trying hard to squeeze into clothes and not look and feel frumpy...i'm not having a lot of success with that....i'm hatin' on my self and hatin' my wardrobe.

But enough negativity...I am so excited about finally being on my own in my cute little house...not sure when i'll actually be IN the house but I'm hoping by December 1. I'm hoping I'll be so busy moving that I won't be busy obsessing over food....

As far as my workouts go I'm still doing zumba every weekday...can't wait to add other things to my repertoire....

I haven't been here, miss you ladies and will be catching up soon...xoxo
Old 11-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #12  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Sum-happy birthday month, today was my birthday, as I have now turned 51 and have started on an accountability thread in weight loss support I will probably not be checking in as often.

I just want to say thanks to all for support and encouragement and inspiration, I will not be able to stay away, I just won't be able to check in as often.

I also just want to make sure it's known that the 50's so far have been fabulous, I don't want anyone to think that I'm trying to not give up the 40's I love my 50's so far. I'm happy to be 10 lbs. down from last year and hoping to be 10-15 down next year.

thanks again and best to all
Old 11-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #13  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

LOL Mrs. Snark, I am the same way. If I don't take something with me I prefer not to eat so that I don't mess up.

keli aw I didn't even think about the fact that you may move to another thread glad you'll still be around , 8 Miles WOW ... You go girl Nike+ gives me my totals and sometimes I am totally confused but then I have to remember that I am trying the running pace periodically so it ups my count. I totally ignore the treadmill now. But I learned 3 years ago that when I over do it, my body doesn't seem to like it so the numbers aren't as nice on the scale. I'm hoping with the time change I will get a little more rest. My body does seem to like that

thanks Carma, I joined the exercise challenge that you mentioned Sum also. I want to get up to 5-6 miles in a day but I'll tell you it seems to be getting harder and harder. I keep pushing though. I think I need to cover the displays or maybe put blinders on to help me

Sum what day is your birthday? I did well on halloween. The kids made me a bag as they always do and then said to me, "Nope you can't eat this!" took it and gave it to Daddy gotta love 'em I have only been tempted once. There was (what I thought) was a twix on the table but when I went to pick the mini pack up it was empty. I thought haha the laughs on me

Penguin hope you figure out what April is allergic to. Glad your knee is better.

Zumba talking about frumpy, I don't like the sudden changes in the weather. I had a pile of slacks and sweaters on the bed this morning. Nothing looked right. I have this major lower stomach pouch that I can't stand. I pull it up in the mirror and wish that it would go away I think you've got a great outlook on things Zumba so just keep your head up

Well I saw a new low today and I was quite shocked 182.6. I got on the scale twice to make sure. I haven't done as well today so I may be back up in the morning. I ate OP but I think I do better when we go to the gym in the evening and today we went right after church. So I still had a small late lunch and then dinner which I am pleased to say was all healthy.

Have a great night everyone
Old 11-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #14  

Happy birthday kelijpa!! I, for one, will be sad to not see your face in here as much. Even though I am a new member already I find myself looking forward to your posts and you (and others) have been so welcoming and inspirational in the short time that I have been here.

Today I am feeling a little disheartened, I've been exercising daily (compared to my previous life of never exercising) and I've been so careful to only eat the right foods but the scales have hardly moved in three weeks. It makes me want to cry. (alright I have cried)

I refuse to give up though and have just purchased a calorie counter book in the hope that perhaps what I am eating and thinking is 'good' food is maybe not so good...
Old 11-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #15  

Double post... and won't let me delete

Last edited by Bindii; 11-04-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Closed Thread