Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 11/1/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #2  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Phew, made it through Halloween... Now I just need to figure out plans for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years. If I sail through these holidays as I did this week, I'll be so proud of myself!

Holidays are tough, everything is revolved around food, so it seems, and I need to remember to continue to use the tools IP gives us, as well as all you guys on 3FC, to navigate through them 100% OP. I gotta say, it's empowering not to give in to temptation. Maybe not so much in the moment but, say, hours later when I've had time to step back and re-evaluate my victories.

For me, in the past, the holidays served as an excuse to over indulge and I know I do NOT want to feel that out of control ever again.

How do you guys intend to make it through the next two months of holiday cheer??

Last edited by KareVT; 11-01-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #3  
Taking it day by day!

Just catching the news.. My heart goes out to all of those people affected by the latest torrential storms that are floating around the Mid-West area(s) and other parts of the States.. Sending strength your way...

It's the real life heavy stuff that makes my small menial hurdles amount to a speck of what all of these folks are going through who are affected by natural disasters.. This stuff puts it all into perspective.. Just wish it didn't have to happen and hurt those around us.

One day at a time..

Peace & Hugs to All
Old 11-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #4  

Road Trip!
Headed to Michigan for the weekend for a big football game.

Tailgating tomorrow. DH asked me what the plan was. I told him I'm not planning as tightly as before. He looked at me wide-eyed. We ARE bringing a veggie tray and extra GREEN veggies. I'll eat the grilled meats with no bun. I made some sugar-free gelatin treats. The focus will be on connecting with the people and not on the excessive food/beverages.
These have just become habits. A few P1 days are planned next week to off-set unplanned tailgate Saturday. Today will be VLC. Spinach smoothie for breakfast.

We will bundle up as warmly as we can. It is supposed to be pretty chilly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
How do you guys intend to make it through the next two months of holiday cheer??
The same way I did last year. Have an OP plan for each day. Remove the food/beverage focus. Make the holiday about connecting with the people and not about the food. A few tastes of the food will be there next year. My fat won't .

This year (past year for me) is about learning new behaviors, new relationships with food, and new reactions around excessive food. We don't have to eat ourselves sick or eat ourselves through the day. It really isn't about the food. Find a different focus. Connect with the people around you instead!

I always had sparkling water with Mio for special occasions. I mashed rutabaga. I learned how much I can really live without. It isn't about what your don't get to have, it is about the abundance of family and friends. Enjoy them without focusing on the food.

Every day when I see people saying they can't live without some particular food item I remember something I was told in Overeater's Anonymous one time: you just made that your god. Give it up for a bit and see how free you actually feel!!!!

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-01-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Good morning, all! It is a very windy day, with high wind warnings. My poor dogs didn't even want to go outside for a pee!

Hope everyone made it through Halloween, 100% OP! By the end of the evening when it was dying down, I started giving out candy by the handfuls! I saved just enough for my husband to snack on over the weekend since he gets home today!!!

Have a great Friday!!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Phew, made it through Halloween... Now I just need to figure out plans for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years. If I sail through these holidays as I did this week, I'll be so proud of myself!

Holidays are tough, everything is revolved around food, so it seems, and I need to remember to continue to use the tools IP gives us, as well as all you guys on 3FC, to navigate through them 100% OP. I gotta say, it's empowering not to give in to temptation. Maybe not so much in the moment but, say, hours later when I've had time to step back and re-evaluate my victories.

For me, in the past, the holidays served as an excuse to over indulge and I know I do NOT want to feel that out of control ever again.

Congrats to you and all IPers...or anyone who is dieting in some fashion, for getting through the Hallowed Eve of Chocolate...!!!

If you have been on some kind of weight loss program, the holidays are a test. If you have lost enough to need a new "something" to wear "somewhere"...then let that be your motivation.

This was a thing that helped me...may not be everyones panacea...but for some...maybe!!
When I was losing...my adult daughters encouraged me to shop and buy something and as they said..."Invent" an occasion to wear it if necessary...it was good advice for me...and helped me NEVER to feel I was deprived. Changing the way you feel about yourself is empowering...and a powerful motivator.
Shopping (Again, for me this absolutely included window shopping ... meaning a few hrs of trying on stuff I had no intention of buying...) all of a sudden, turned into amazingly equal combo of an ego boost... and motivating event for the first time in way over a long time.

Seriously...leave the dishes in the sink for a few hrs... the towels in the dryer and GO. Resale shops, mall...wherever you can touch feel and try on. No on line shopping. Yet. You need that visual of you...in something new and exciting. Plus..you have no idea of size. On line anonymous shopping is what we did when we knew it was going to be depressing to go to a shop or the mall...Honestly. You don't need to buy til your ready. But imagine yourself someplace where you can look different than you did before you started this venture. Imagination is a big part of discovering the future.

Go find your future....
Old 11-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face Good Morning it's WI day!

Good Morning everyone

Ok this week was a challenge for me, I managed 2 days of 100% and the rest my wagon broke into a million bits!

BUT today I stepped on my scale only to learn that I dropped 4 lbs

I am shooting for more and more OP, for me it's baby steps but I will get there hope soon!

Have a great Friday everyone
Old 11-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #8  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The same way I did last year. Have an OP plan for each day. Remove the food/beverage focus. Make the holiday about connecting with the people and not about the food. A few tastes of the food will be there next year. My fat won't .

This year (past year for me) is about learning new behaviors, new relationships with food, and new reactions around excessive food. We don't have to eat ourselves sick or eat ourselves through the day. It really isn't about the food. Find a different focus. Connect with the people around you instead!

I always had sparkling water with Mio for special occasions. I mashed rutabaga. I learned how much I can really live without. It isn't about what your don't get to have, it is about the abundance of family and friends. Enjoy them without focusing on the food.

Every day when I see people saying they can't live without some particular food item I remember something I was told in Overeater's Anonymous one time: you just made that your god. Give it up for a bit and see how free you actually feel!!!!
Lisa - YOU would make the most fabulous coach ever!! Everything you say right here is going in my IP Journal. These are thoughts to revisit again and again both along and off the IP journey. I'm going to start evaluating my behavior with food a little bit more. The more comfortable I become with this program, the easier it is to step back and shed some light on what I'm learning.

"It's about connections, building memories and not about what you don't have rather, what we do"...All rings fruitfully true, I want to package this entry up and shout it out to the IP world on your behalf, again and again. This is very valuable real life info ~ thanks for your support and share.

Have a nice day, Lisa and All other kind IP'ers!

Last edited by KareVT; 11-01-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #9  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Congrats to you and all IPers...or anyone who is dieting in some fashion, for getting through the Hallowed Eve of Chocolate...!!!

If you have been on some kind of weight loss program, the holidays are a test. If you have lost enough to need a new "something" to wear "somewhere"...then let that be your motivation.

This was a thing that helped me...may not be everyones panacea...but for some...maybe!!
When I was losing...my adult daughters encouraged me to shop and buy something and as they said..."Invent" an occasion to wear it if necessary...it was good advice for me...and helped me NEVER to feel I was deprived. Changing the way you feel about yourself is empowering...and a powerful motivator.
Shopping (Again, for me this absolutely included window shopping ... meaning a few hrs of trying on stuff I had no intention of buying...) all of a sudden, turned into amazingly equal combo of an ego boost... and motivating event for the first time in way over a long time.

Seriously...leave the dishes in the sink for a few hrs... the towels in the dryer and GO. Resale shops, mall...wherever you can touch feel and try on. No on line shopping. Yet. You need that visual of you...in something new and exciting. Plus..you have no idea of size. On line anonymous shopping is what we did when we knew it was going to be depressing to go to a shop or the mall...Honestly. You don't need to buy til your ready. But imagine yourself someplace where you can look different than you did before you started this venture. Imagination is a big part of discovering the future.

Go find your future....
65x65 - YOU are another fabulous soul who should be an IP coach as well. I am going to revisit this entry along my IP journey and thensome as well.. I like what your daughters suggest in regards to "invent" an occasion.. I really like that! I'm similar in a sense where shopping has become a source of empowerment... Maybe not so much in my wallet but, it certainly has a way of boosting my confidence. When I look and feel good, my confidence gets a soaring boost and that helps me every moment of the day.. And, yes, imagination... I must use the power of imagination in order to manifest good things for the future. Thanks 65x65
Old 11-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #10  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Road Trip!
Headed to Michigan for the weekend for a big football game.

Have a great time at the game!! Sounds so fun, especially when you are prepared!!

Thanks for all the tips. I personally know I WILL succeed Thanksgiving, but that little negative monster is still there and by staying prepared I will get through with flying colors. I can't wait to see my family!!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Road trip this weekend to family event that is completely about food. I know. I'm crazy. It's called a Cochon De Lait. AKA: Pig Roast. That's right, every family member and friend (about 80 people) bring their own dish and we have a massive 'food court' all day and into the LSU game. Have no fear! My cousin and mom are on IP and we're bringing our own veggies to throw on the grill and making a big OP salad in hopes that people stop by our table and share the healthy goodness. My uncle was planning to bbq so I am not worried about falling off the wagon since I have a support system with me! Here in LA the weather is dipping into the 60's and our satsumas are ripening up. I think that's what I'll miss this fall!

Also, my cousin and I tried the pumpkin meringue in recipe 4 thread last night. Pretty good for the upcoming holidays! Although, I would recommend adding the normal water amount on the packet. Not what is in the recipe. I also didn't use my shaker-just a fork and bowl! We omitted the meringue because with the amount of stevia we had to put in it, it tasted horrible!

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

Last edited by ems70508; 11-01-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
65x65 - YOU are another fabulous soul who should be an IP coach as well. I am going to revisit this entry along my IP journey and thensome as well.. I like what your daughters suggest in regards to "invent" an occasion.. I really like that! I'm similar in a sense where shopping has become a source of empowerment... Maybe not so much in my wallet but, it certainly has a way of boosting my confidence. When I look and feel good, my confidence gets a soaring boost and that helps me every moment of the day.. And, yes, imagination... I must use the power of imagination in order to manifest good things for the future. Thanks 65x65
Thank-You, and you are welcome. It's also really important to recognize the same thing may not motivate anyone the same on any given day. Good reason for creating and having a small notebook to remind you of all the good reasons you are on this train...and want to stay.

Your own reasons and reading the variety of suggestions of your peers here will help you if you are honest and open.

Each day is different...and MORE IMPORTANTLY you are too! The day to day change is incredible. Let it never stop! It's all good
Old 11-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 179/154/130

Height: 5'7.5"

I agree with what 65x65 stated. Going shopping and trying on clothes is one of the most motivating things for me. I love seeing the changes in my body, and yet it is motivating to me to continue on plan and working hard when I see how much better things will look in just another 10lbs or few inches.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #14  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Happy Friday IPers!

Kcdoe, I saw that you posted in yesterday's thread that you are in the hospital. Sending you healing thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Shrinkingsusie, your hubby rocks, flowers will brighten any day and he did it from the field to boot!

Sarahbell, just keep taking it one day at a time, before you know it you'll be saying I just made it a whole week 100%!

Thanks everyone for all the great insights today! 65x65 I love the invent an occasion idea. Dr. Berkley (Refuse to Regain) suggests wearing "revenge clothes" on Holidays to remind us how hard we worked to get into the smaller sizes and looking good will feel better than the food, now I will have to make up more occasions to wear the revenge clothes!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 179/154/130

Height: 5'7.5"

Revenge clothes!!!!! Love that! I'm going to wear my revenge clothes all weekend then!
Closed Thread