Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default Oct. 2013 Newbies in November

Hey October Newbies, we have made it through our initiation to IP!
Old 10-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #2  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Tried doing IP Monday Oct 21 - Only lasted till the 24th....Restarted Oct 28 and still going. Struggling right now. Really want to snack. But I am going to make myself busy and hopefully be distracted....

Having a blah day today. TOM started today, so my scale didn't move...which kind of has me in a funk. But I am determined to make -10lbs by Monday's weigh in...which is keeping me motivated as well...

Anyway, enough rambling. Hope you all have a wonderful night
Old 10-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #3  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 150/140/125

Height: 5'5"

Absolutely Love this site! Lots of great information and motivation! I just started the IP diet October 2nd and have only lost 10 lbs....so I'm kinda discouraged a bit. I did cheat 2 times in the last month (very bad I know) but I had to have one of my mom's cabbage rolls at Thanksgiving! I have shakes for breakfast and Lunch, 2cups of veggies and a lean protein for supper, then a 5cal jello close to 8pm. I haven't been getting all 4 cups of veggies in everyday as well as 1/2 the water I should be drinking but I haven't been hungry at all for anything more! Not sure if that is whats the reason why I'm not seeing the results everyone seems to be having Still hoping the lbs start to drop off soon.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #4  
My Own Worst Enemy

What kind of Jello are you eating? Is it IP stuff?
Old 10-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/168/135

Height: 5'4

Smilysweetpea - you said you have only lost 10 pounds so far on this diet with a few cheats. I am jealous. I started a day after you, my only cheat was a half a bottle of Bud Select and I have only lost 10 pounds. Relatively speaking, you are doing great! It also appears with your current height and weight, you may not have all that much weight to spare and it may just take a bit longer?
Old 10-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #6  

Made the IP cereal pancakes tonight. Did not love them.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #7  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Think I'm going to try a few new things this weekend. Going to attempt the english muffin because I've been missing bread (My mortal eneny that I love). Also might try making one of the soups out of the IP recipe book. Has anyone tried any of those recipes? I was thinking the chicken tortilla looks tasty.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #8  

Jig, the pancakes were def. bread like. I just did not care for the aftertaste. Look forward to hearing about the English muffin. I have been switching up the food, don't want to get bored. Found a carb free/low fat chicken sausage to have with peppers last night. Don't have the cookbook, have been getting the recipes on line. Variety is the spice of life
Old 10-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/248/165

Height: 5'7"

I made wraps with the crepe mix and loved them! Having a "sandwich" again was great!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #10  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilysweetpea View Post
Absolutely Love this site! Lots of great information and motivation! I just started the IP diet October 2nd and have only lost 10 lbs....so I'm kinda discouraged a bit. I did cheat 2 times in the last month (very bad I know) but I had to have one of my mom's cabbage rolls at Thanksgiving! I have shakes for breakfast and Lunch, 2cups of veggies and a lean protein for supper, then a 5cal jello close to 8pm. I haven't been getting all 4 cups of veggies in everyday as well as 1/2 the water I should be drinking but I haven't been hungry at all for anything more! Not sure if that is whats the reason why I'm not seeing the results everyone seems to be having Still hoping the lbs start to drop off soon.
Please don't be discouraged! I don't know any other program that you lose this much this fast! 10lbs=40 sticks of butter!! Was that up for a visual!! Lol. I have been OP 100% and I'm just under a 10lb loss in 3 weeks, I couldn't be more thrilled! I've tried damn near everything and none of them were nearly this strict AND I didn't get the results. The inches are coming off way better than what the scale says. Have faith in the process, follow it, and you will be there before you know it!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/135

I generally wait till my weekend weigh-in to know how I'm doing on the scale. Today I weighed myself mid-week and it said I gained 2.5 lbs. Not sure how/why since I have been OP since I last weighed in on Saturday. Will wait til Sat to see where I am, but wondering if anyone who started in October has had a week of no/minimal loss? Is this normal so soon (5th wk)?

Last edited by mvngmntns13; 10-31-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone!
Finished my first month but I feel like in the last week I have completely gone off the deep end and binged on all the crap in sight. It's TOM for me so in super cranky and all I want to eat is chocolate. I will spare you the details of what I had to eat today but it was bad. The scary thing is I've never been obsessive or had addictive thoughts toward food but now I feel like I do I desperately want to get back on track and keep losing the weight. Thanks for listening.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #13  
My Own Worst Enemy

I'm right there with you wantanewme!! I was doing so good fighting them off till about 1hr ago But I'm not going to let it get to me. Take it as it is and start again tomorrow. Maybe giving in will stop the cravings?? Or maybe that's just my cravings talking?? Or TOM? Don't know but I was in such good spirits yesterday. Started TOM today, scale didn't move, been in a blue mood, and craving unbelievable things.....Oh well. Write it off and move on right?
Old 10-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
I'm right there with you wantanewme!! I was doing so good fighting them off till about 1hr ago But I'm not going to let it get to me. Take it as it is and start again tomorrow. Maybe giving in will stop the cravings?? Or maybe that's just my cravings talking?? Or TOM? Don't know but I was in such good spirits yesterday. Started TOM today, scale didn't move, been in a blue mood, and craving unbelievable things.....Oh well. Write it off and move on right?

Yes! Moving forward is all we can do. Fresh start tomorrow?
Old 10-31-2013, 11:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig View Post
Think I'm going to try a few new things this weekend. Going to attempt the english muffin because I've been missing bread (My mortal eneny that I love). Also might try making one of the soups out of the IP recipe book. Has anyone tried any of those recipes? I was thinking the chicken tortilla looks tasty.
Jig,
I think you might be my long lost brother!!! lol.. bread.. my enemy that I hate to love and love to hate..

I've thought about making that english muffin, but as far as I know, my center doesn't have "crepe" mix.

As for recipes in the book, (it's not a soup), but the chicken stuffed green peppers have become a family favorite. I make a double batch of them and the kids and hubby eat them throughout the week while I'm at work during my night shift nights.

I've not yet made the soups because while I'm an absolute soup fiend... could eat it every single day, my hubby is now and always has been "meh" about soup. *sob*

Kawaii
Closed Thread