Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Sudden loss of motivation?

I think I'm depressed or burnt out or both.

I LOVE going to the gym. I love spending time there and lifting and how buff I feel afterwards. But as I got switched to a new schedule it's been a little more difficult to go. The job is 12:30-8:30, I leave at 12. My gym closes around 8-10 depending on what day it is. Sure I could go before work but who wants to do that? I feel rushed and not as energetic.

After work is ideal but most of the time I get off too late. If not then theres no problem, but just thinking about going even when I had my days off was like pulling teeth! Weird! I love working out?

I'm a little down about work (money problems, harassment) and some issues with my relationship, not to mention all that is amplified by PMS and incoming period. I'm usually so religious about it too. Either every other day i'd go or 3 on, 1-2 off, 3 on...

Do you think this is a phase? Have you had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

I wouldn't say I'm bored, I got this bomb *** routine from my trainer I hired for a few days, I'm just lazy I suppose. Now I usually go 3 days a week max. *sigh*

Last edited by iixi; 10-05-2013 at 02:23 AM.
iixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #2  

A change in schedule can do that.

But there are lots of people that work out before they go to their jobs-(sometimes very early in the morning)-they just carry a gym bag around with them so they can clean up afterwards and go.

Actually most people prefer to work out in the mornings, so they can clean up afterwards in get on with their day.

It's kind of nice not worrying about heading to the gym after dark. So I think if you push yourself to go--you'll get used to it in no time--and be back to a regular routine.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I always go to the gym BEFORE the bulk of my work starts....in the summer I go to the gym at 530 a.m. because I have to be to work on the other end of town by 715 a.m....in the winter I work a split shift so I go around 10-11 a.m.
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I go to the gym before work and during my lunch break.

For my boxing class that means waking up at 5am.

And at the weekends, you can work out when you want although I still do mornings.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #5  

If I don't feel like going to the gym I just do a work out at home.
newme55 is offline   Reply With Quote