Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #1  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Default Binged last night

So I had a binge last night....

I had planned on and tracked a burger last night. The boyfriend decided he wasn't hungry at dinner time (and he's the one that grills) so didn't make them.

I then took that as carte blanche to eat about half the stuff in my cabinet/freezer. I did track everything and went over my daily calories by about 1.000, which wasn't as bad as it *could* have been...but it wasn't pretty either. The weird (and scary) thing? I was sitting next to my boyfriend the whole time! No comments from him!

I even keep quick stuff in the house to make (salad, soup, etc), but I'm not sure how to redirect myself toward the healthy stuff instead of the non-healthy. Part of me is even wondering if I'm subconsciously trying to sabotage myself.

Anyway, it feels good to at least confess.
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Staja, I find it hard to regroup when my plans are disrupted, too! Logically, you can say, "Just replace it with something with the same calories," but realistically, being thrown off-kilter can be very disconcerting. Also, I've found that if I'm not eating what I wanted (like that burger -- yum!), nothing else satisfies, so I keep eating, and eating...

But now that's behind you! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and make this a better day!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Staja -- it is really hard to pick the healthy stuff over the junky stuff if the junky stuff is readily available. For me, I had to pretty much clear the house of that stuff until I felt really established in my habits.

And even now -- when I have well established good habits -- it can still take alot of mental energy to make the right choice. Some days it can be exhausting simply choosing a salad instead of 3 bagels with peanut butter.

I don't want to completely dictate the kind of foods my husband can keep in the house (so I don't), but there is no denying it would be ALOT easier if there was never unhealthy choices close at hand. But life is rarely that simple.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #4  

I completely get that feeling of disappointment when you were anticipating a bit of a treat and it does not happen. As noted it is tough to deal with. Having a backup feel good thing has often worked for me. Today I went to lunch with a friend and we shared a Chinese chicken salad. They apparently did not toss it though they usually do. She served herself first and ended up with 95% of the chicken and I got the rest. Of course I was then feeling unsatisfied and starving after I got home (meetings in between). My mind was already starting that horrid self-talk about how I did not eat the planned anticipated delicious calories and I "deserved" to make them up. Right! I grabbed some eggs, snipped some garden herbs and make a quick egg white omlette and toasted some homemade bread. I had a lovely mini meal (sitting down!) and felt so good. Having back up plans/options is a good thing

Last edited by tommy; 10-23-2013 at 09:54 PM.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

I can relate to all of this! It's depressing. If I saved all the money I've wasted on food to reward myself, I'd have a really nice reward by now. At least I know there are others who understand. Thank goodness for 3FC!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote