Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Default Binge Free and Overeating Free in October.

Posting a new thread for the month of October.

If you would like to stop your old habit of bingeing or overeating, please join us. It's not about being perfect, it's about changing habits. Little by little, we can stop this destructive behavior together. It takes time to reach this goal of not turning to food when we become emotional, but we can do this together.

Let's be binge free or overeating free this month. Who wants to join?
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #2  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

This sounds like a thread to me I am notorious what comes to over eating at times.

Looking forward to knowing you all.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i might have to join this one too...i dont think i "qualify" as a binge eater but i can definitely eat well past the point of fullness especially if it's pizza or sweets...my goals right now are to eat low sugar. stay around 1500 calories per day, and no food after dinner (although i've made it okay to have diet hot chocolate or tea in the evenings)....i try to hit those goals every day and i think that helps me from major overeating in the evenings
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #4  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

This is going to be a really emotional month for me. When I binge it really does feel like I'm try to fill the a great nothingness within me ... all the self doubt and sadness, so I know I will be facing my demons head on.

I've been pretty much binge free on this diet so far, but October is going to be a battle.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #5  

I definitely belong in this forum. I have been feeling so dejected and discouraged. I think it would benefit me to check in here daily to discuss my progress. Thanks for starting the thread!
NoNoNOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #6  

Welcome, Sum, Alaskanlaughter, tefrey and NoNoNOJ!

This is going to be a great month for all of us. We're going to face our challenges together. I want us all to feel encouraged. We can do this! October is a great month. It's Autumn, the weather is changing, it will be Halloween soon and we're going to enjoy everyday. We're going to do this one step at a time. I'm so glad you are all here with me.

When you get the urge to splurge, I want you to ask yourself, "What is really going on?" What's making you want to eat? You know it has to do with some sort of emotion. Then get out of the food area, and go do something nice for yourself. As I mentioned in last month's thread, studies at Rutgers University find that buying yourself yellow flowers brings you endorphins, and the color yellow brings you joy. Endorphins reduces your stress, relaxes you and makes you happy. That's just one thing you can do.

By the way, if you are sad, you are thinking about something negative from your past. But if you're anxious, you're thinking about your future. Let's try to stay in the present, and enjoy everything beautiful that is going on around us.

Please don't think I'm a know it all, I just have studied a lot on this subject to try to get it right.

Anyone else want to join us? Jump right in.

Last edited by tyla; 09-30-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Hi, I'd like to join in here

I don't follow any diet, I rely entirely on controlling my portions, so I really want to hold myself accountable to not overeating. My biggest weakness is nighttime bingeing. I've managed to cut that out almost completely, but I want to make sure I don't start again.

Nice to be here
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #8  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I had some wine last night and it is one of my trigger items. I started to snack mindlessly. So I poured the wine out and "closed" my kitchen for the night. I was about to start my binge. -- I must avoid alcohol!

I am so proud of myself this morning. -- I only ate 250 cals worth cheese and stopped a possible binge. I could be sitting here this morning, feeling guilty and miserable, but instead I am beaming with pride

Thanks for this thread! -- I was thinking about this thread when I was throwing the wine out.... I did not want to come back on my 2nd day and say, "hey I ate 4000 cals last night and I feel ashamed".

Last edited by Sum38; 10-01-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/183/143

Height: 5"3

That is awesome sum38!!! I know how stopping can be hard. I usually realize I am binging halfway through and it's hard to stop eating sugar when your mouth is full of them and your body screams for more.

That's my big vice: sugar. I am trying to control it but the best course of action would be to avoid it completely. I will try to make today sugar-free. I am going to have to take it one hour at a time.
luzitania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #10  

Sum,

This is a huge accomplishment! We are all so proud of you! This made us all happy, too! Whenever we get into a jam, we'll think of you! Thank you, Sum!

Last edited by tyla; 10-01-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #11  

Welcome, ILoveVegetables! We're so glad you're here with us!

Welcome back, Luzitania! Thank you for your input! I think eating less sugar will really help curb your cravings. It has for me! We're all rooting for you!

As for me, I went to a Zumba class last night. It was a lot of fun, but I was so tired when I got home. Took a shower, watched a little TV and went to bed. I had oatmeal and raisins before I left for class, but too tired to eat again when I got home. I never thought I would say that!

Last edited by tyla; 10-01-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #12  

I'm joining this thread right now - I need it badly. Very motivating to read how others stop a binge and that it can be done. I always think 'oh I'll just get through this little binge and then be strict on my plan tomorrow, Monday, next week'. But of course NO, to stop this yo-yo, it must be NOW that I stop overeating and turn away from the food. Very hard to do, but great to read that others do it, strategies to try, and that I will survive even if I don't binge.

I am committed to stay on plan every single day in October. I will give myself a fabulous (non food) reward on October 31
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #13  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I'm excited to see more people join us for October, yay! I'm looking forward to a healthy month, we can do it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #14  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Well done, Sum, that really truly is an amazing accomplishment! It is soooo hard to pour out wine, seriously!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #15  

Musiclover, we are so glad you're here with us! Yes, October is a great month. Your commitment to change is fantastic! We're all doing it one day at a time. If you ever get tempted to go over, come here and tell us about it. Maybe you'll figure out why while you post. There's always a reason. It's usually stress. In the meantime, it will get you away from food. That's what I do.

Mrs.Snark, it's so good to see you here! You are right, we are GOING to do great this month. If you ever want to share any tips, please do. We could all use another perspective!

You all have to check out MrsSnark's website. Her before and after pictures are amazing!

A few minutes ago I was starving. It's close to lunchtime, and I wanted food now. I chose celery. That's a big deal, as I just came back from the grocery store. We are helping each other to stay strong.

Last edited by tyla; 10-01-2013 at 03:19 PM.