South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Finally Friday! On the Beach Oct. 25th

Uh-oh, do you believe it's only 2 months until Christmas!? When did that happen?!!?

I am SO. GLAD. it is Friday. Work was overbooked yesterday, and the only cancellation I had (common in a college town!) was spent in a meeting with the boss. Thank goodness today is a shorter day.

My eating, thank goodness, has been really good despite stress at work and TOM. Doing some exercise has sure helped as well. Power to me to keep going thru the weekend, that's normally when I goof it up!

Other than exercise and a nap (if I'm lucky!), I have no plans for later today. Maybe rent a movie and have family night with the kids by the fire?!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default FALLing Into FRIDAY Daily Chat 10/25

Good morning, and happy day! It's FRIDAY!

Add me to the list who lead boring lives. Most mornings I'm searching my mind to find something to say to start the Daily. So we're a tight group with so much in common.

This morning Jake and I are treating ourselves to breakfast out (I already pre-planned for it!), then checking out the Amish farmer's market, and I'll probably do a bit of a dust-&-vacuum this afternoon before taking Dad to his doctor appointment. I have a feeling he's going to be admitted back into the hospital.

So that's my plan for today. I hope your Friday is just as exciting!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just knew someone would beat me to the Daily, Tammy! I'm glad you managed to survive your day, yesterday, and hope today will be a breeze! Yep, Christmas is right around the corner and I've started my shopping already.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh hush about Christmas, you two! I insist on not thinking of it until after Halloween. I am going to enlist Rob to help me put up the outside lights next week though - just won't turn them on until December.

Nice to see nothing on today's calendar except the poop pumper guy coming. I'm counting on today to get the school Fair prize money into the envelopes. I am late returning work and prizes to the schools - the back and rib situation has affected me a lot. Hmmm - just checked my 2012 calendar and they didn't get delivered until the end of November last year. Not sure what my excuse was then!

Friend Barb had her hip replacement on Monday and came home yesterday! Amazing! I think I'll make Salsa Chicken to take over for her and Mac. She sure won't be doing any cooking and Mac, darling man that he is, is quite inept in the kitchen. I found a container of lentil soup in the freezer which I'll contribute. Nothing like forcing folk to eat South Beach!

Time to get cracking. It'd be shocking if the poop pumper guy arrived and I was still in my robe!

I do hope your weekend is a good one with a nice balance of necessary stuff and FUN!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #5  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Fridays are nice even if you are retired. Dh is out getting winter tires put on just in case we point the car north to go visit the grandsons. I am trying to decide if I should bake an apple pie today or tomorrow - its for a friend. I too need a lot of will power for the weekend because that's when things seem to fall apart for me.
Have a great day everyone
Take care
Sophie
Old 10-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm off to the gym this morning with my mom and a substitute trainer. I work the closing shift tonight. Yesterday was a crazy busy day so I'm looking forward to sitting around today with my feet up for a while.

Last night DS2 finally committed to the dates for coming home Thanksgiving but didn't have time to look at flights. DH and I looked and this late in the game there were less options and much higher prices Since he has no classes today, I'm assuming we'll hear from DS again that he is ready to actually buy some tickets.

Have a great day, all.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning all,

I am trying to start thinking about shopping for Christmas and trying to start getting ideas so I can space out all of the costs lol. I have been starting to try and shore up where we will be going for our Christmas trip. I already rented a mini van so everyone can fit into one vehicle since DS GF will be joining us.

Last night DD2 went to Halloween party, her costume this year is a penguin so we didn't want her to wear that to a dance party so we made a tutu and used old Tinker Bell accessories to make her Tink for the party

Tywnn I think we might be going to Fright Fest at Six Flags tonight, I will have to bring my winter coat if we do.

Cottage enjoy your breakfast out today

Ruth can't be shocking the pooper guy lol

Sophie weekends is where I struggle with eating as well, I feel so great when I manage to do an entire weekend op

Karen your DS sounds like mine, gotta push him to get things done.

WFH today and taking doggie to vet today for annual.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth there is nothing wrong with still wearing your robe. Mine has been on since 4:30 yesterday afternoon. This nagging sinus/bronchitis is still dragging me down. Fell asleep before 7 forced myself to stay up until 8:30. Slept until 8:15, no school or community service today for DS. For the first time in weeks no alarm clocks!!!

I need to call my dr to see if he can prescribe something else as I am not much better. Otherwise it's housework galore. Time to make the shopping/cooking list for the week.

Natasha....are you still with Porsche or did the dispatch position come through?

On a side note, I started my Christmas shopping. I bought a little something for my mom and sister so far. Trying to keep a super tight budget this year
Old 10-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! The pooper pumper guy has been and gone, leaving me his bill for $215. Just got my furnace fuel bill and have now run through $2K on my Mastercard since Tuesday. Good thing I've not started Christmas shopping yet! Next week is leaf-raking and eavestrough cleaning.

I see a lot of soup and legumes in my future.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Ruth, I talked w/Kirk today about my budget for the next month with food so we'll be joining you with soup and legumes. Glad your pumping is done!

I'm on the run to the project. We're going to have double help today so I changed my plan from paperwork to cleaning. Lot's of great exercise anyway!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

just a fly by for now. It's our weekly fun day, our one day off together. Started by sleeping in then apple ring pancakes and sausage for breakfast. Now we are off to hike. I have very veggie creamy mexican casserole in the crockpot for dinner so we can relax when we get home.

I'll try to stop back in later!
Old 10-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi - apple ring pancakes?!?!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon. Chilly and overcast today, but who cares when it is Friday!? Had an enjoyable walk with a colleague after work and am now hunkered in at home with the woodstove going.

Not sure what is on the schedule for the weekend. I do agree though, that I struggle to stay OP during the weekend. It's a combination of the greater availability of food and the "party" mentality!!

Hope everyone has a great evening.
Closed Thread