Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/23/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday everyone!!! Sending out IP POWER

Lisa at least a Red team won yesterday. I don't follow any sports so it really doesn't matter to me. Have a great day!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Talking

Good morning IP folks
I'm starting something new to shake things up eating 3oz/3oz/3oz of my meat in various meals through out the day. Instead of all at once at dinner. Scale went down this morning so must be working. Yeah and I'm not as hungry spreading things out. I even added a hard boiled egg white yesterday!! I'll keep doing this until my Monday weigh in and see if it reaps results I love this program!!

Everyone have a lovely day full of inspiration !!!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #4  

Sonolady My hometown boys played like little leaguers. The team that held it together the best definitely won that game! I'm just glad there are up to 6 more and it wasn't a 1 and done.

Long day today. I woke up early. I have a cold (chicken soup is already in the crockpot) and I'm going to see the Eagles tonite with some friends. I may take a few hours off of work and take a nap.

Wishing everyone an OP day!

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-24-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Good morning IP folks
I'm starting something new to shake things up eating 3oz/3oz/3oz of my meat in various meals through out the day. Instead of all at once at dinner. Scale went down this morning so must be working. Yeah and I'm not as hungry spreading things out. I even added a hard boiled egg white yesterday!! I'll keep doing this until my Monday weigh in and see if it reaps results I love this program!!

Everyone have a lovely day full of inspiration !!!
Good Morning my fellow IPers

I have thought about trying that too. My WI is tomorrow and I more than likely will not lose big. SO today I am shooting for 100% come **** or high water, I will not taste-sample-lick-anything that I make for everyone else.

Maybe lots of hot tea ( I am not a hot drink person either) and fill up on water. Plus my stress has dropped since I talked to my dad and mom yesterday because things are hopefully going to get better for them

SO I am sending WILL POWER dust to everyone and to my self too!

Have a great Thursday!

Last edited by sarahBell; 10-24-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #6  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

WHOOP WHOOP! Weigh in day and I'm down 1.8 lbs. Started using a mix of alts and IP products yesterday. Had the proti thin sour cream and fine herb zippers last night. Talk about a huge bag! they were very good tho. I"ve got 6or so packets of pudding left from IP so I'm going to use those up and the EAS shakes. As long as I still see the scale sliding down I'm happYy!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #7  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
WHOOP WHOOP! Weigh in day and I'm down 1.8 lbs. Started using a mix of alts and IP products yesterday. Had the proti thin sour cream and fine herb zippers last night. Talk about a huge bag! they were very good tho. I"ve got 6or so packets of pudding left from IP so I'm going to use those up and the EAS shakes. As long as I still see the scale sliding down I'm happYy!
Congrats!!! That is a good loss, and a loss is a loss as long it's going down that is all tht matters

I have thought abt getting some Alts to mix in with my IP stuff. I am looking more for the snacky things too. Congrats and have a great day
Old 10-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #8  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Sarah I ordered 5 boxes (7 packs each) of restricted items from Nashua for $65 then shipping was $5 . So I got over a months worth of stuff for cheaper than a week at the clinic. A months worth of the EAS shakes from Sams Club is just a little over $50. So I'll be saving quite a bit of $$$. at least $200 a month! I almost wish I had done ALT's from the beginning. But at least I learned some things from my coach and got the ball rolling
Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #9  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Sarah I ordered 5 boxes (7 packs each) of restricted items from Nashua for $65 then shipping was $5 . So I got over a months worth of stuff for cheaper than a week at the clinic. A months worth of the EAS shakes from Sams Club is just a little over $50. So I'll be saving quite a bit of $$$. at least $200 a month! I almost wish I had done ALT's from the beginning. But at least I learned some things from my coach and got the ball rolling
Very cool. I ordered a 6 month supply of IP full boxes of a whole bunch of things for $1400 plus they gave me a box bonus for ordering so much (this was a referral from a friend, this clinic was closing so they had to get rid of stuff) but I would like some more snacks and things and try new things too. I seen some filling for meals type things and I am un sure of how or what to do with those. So I will stick to my snack things LOL
Old 10-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone!! I'm back!!! One day down and it went pretty good this is my second time around and I have heard its harder to get back into ketosis yikes!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #11  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!! Feel like it has been forever since I have been on here! Am just about to head out the door for work, but wanted to stop in and report that I lost 1 lb at my weigh-in. Was hoping to be at a total loss of 50 lbs this week, but I don't think I got all of my water in any day last week because of how busy I have been! Lesson learned! Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning everyone. I have a little story to share, I hope it all makes you feel great about yourselves! In 2009, I saw my mom start IP and signed myself up immediately! Then when I restarted again in September, she did it with me. I no longer live with her so it's been an adjustment not living with someone to depend on. Then I found this site and so many answers to my questions, recipes, support, etc. Now when my mom and I talk about IP, I always say...'well 3FC said this..or that'. She is amazed that i've found something online to be so encouraging and mentions that I'm doing so much better this time around because I have 3FC. She keeps saying if she even knew how to use a computer, she'd be on here. Trust me, i've tried...it won't happen! So again....thank you all for helping me out. I've lost another 3 lbs this week and can thank you for keeping me on track with innovative ideas, support and great rewards!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #13  
IP start date 8/1/2013

@EMS Lol ! I do the same thing to my older coworker who is on IP. She always asks me to look up her questions!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #14  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

So I'm about to order a sprts pullover for the spring, but I am too afraid to order a smaller size because I have no idea how quickly or slowly I will be able to fit into smaller sizes.... I am tempted to buy a 2x, but then again, I keep telling myself that it wont fit for long....
Old 10-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
So I'm about to order a sprts pullover for the spring, but I am too afraid to order a smaller size because I have no idea how quickly or slowly I will be able to fit into smaller sizes.... I am tempted to buy a 2x, but then again, I keep telling myself that it wont fit for long....
I know how you feel. I bought 3 workout shirts the other day one size smaller. Then came home, gave them to my husband and told him he started his Christmas shopping for me. I figure I will be down one size in shirts by then. Plus, they are just t-shirts for working out, so who really cares if they are a little too big on me. (I'm going for the positive and saying they will be big rather than too small). A little big will just make me feel better about myself. Plus, if they are a bit tight I know I will be able to wear them soon.

Think positive!!!
Closed Thread