Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post

Let me ask you, where were you a year ago...and where are you now?
What a great question! I was weighing in at anywhere from 278 to my "down weight" of 273. I was tired and had gout attacks every other month that were keeping me from being very mobile. We had no insurance and I pretty much had no hope.

4 months ago I had my worst best day of my life. I was dx'd with diabetes, hypertension (219/120 bp ) and of course gout. I started medication and started walking to the end of the street and back. Since then I've increased my walk to 5+ miles a day and my weight this morning was 227.6. I'm following a low carb diet, taking meds and plowing ahead.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsakids View Post
What a great question! I was weighing in at anywhere from 278 to my "down weight" of 273. I was tired and had gout attacks every other month that were keeping me from being very mobile. We had no insurance and I pretty much had no hope.

4 months ago I had my worst best day of my life. I was dx'd with diabetes, hypertension (219/120 bp ) and of course gout. I started medication and started walking to the end of the street and back. Since then I've increased my walk to 5+ miles a day and my weight this morning was 227.6. I'm following a low carb diet, taking meds and plowing ahead.

LOVE this type of inspiration! how awesome you are!
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 203/199/130

Height: 5'4

What a great thread!!
Dolly Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #34  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Wonderful! I agree yes you got this!! Keep up the good work. I can relate to the riding rides thing I purposely have not been to an amusement park bc of this. I also have been avoiding the airplanes. I couldn't live with the embarrassment. I am so looking forward to be able to do these activities with confidence and no fear great post for a I job well done

Last edited by skinnyki; 09-23-2013 at 09:56 PM.
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Simply wonderful! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #36  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Thank you for reminding us that the victories we encounter on our journey aren't just numbers ... scales and dress sizes are fantastic but the real reward comes in living the full active life we deserve.

Big hugs!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #37  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for sharing your moving story and for encouraging each of us to find our own motivation! I wish you and your daughter the best!

A year ago, I was just a few weeks past losing my brother, who was 49. He was fit, into sports, ate well, but his heart just gave out. I was 20- 25 pounds heavier than I am now, starting in a new situation at my job that was also highly stressful. I knew I had to do something, but didn't really act on it until April of this year. A combination of my brother's birthday coming around and then my weight being the highest it has been in my adult life kicked my butt into gear. I started exercising, eating better, dropped ten pounds, and then started the Ideal Protein program at the end of summer. I am doing this for myself and for my family.
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Thank you for sharing your moving story and for encouraging each of us to find our own motivation! I wish you and your daughter the best!

A year ago, I was just a few weeks past losing my brother, who was 49. He was fit, into sports, ate well, but his heart just gave out. I was 20- 25 pounds heavier than I am now, starting in a new situation at my job that was also highly stressful. I knew I had to do something, but didn't really act on it until April of this year. A combination of my brother's birthday coming around and then my weight being the highest it has been in my adult life kicked my butt into gear. I started exercising, eating better, dropped ten pounds, and then started the Ideal Protein program at the end of summer. I am doing this for myself and for my family.
Good for you! I've found that my family has been my biggest motivator. Every time I think of giving up, I see my kid and I know that if I give up on myself, I give up on her. That isn't an option. I am SO sorry for the loss of your brother. I'm a strong believer that everything happens for a reason, even if we don't see it at the time. Perhaps his untimely death was the factor you and yoru family needed to get healthier. In any case, I hope you reach your goals and find the strength to continue on. And again, I don't know what I would do if I lost my sister. You have my support.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #39  
Finding Myself Again <3

S/C/G: 230/215/200

Absolutely beautiful story, seriously....above everything else, this is what we are doing this for anyway right? Sometimes I think we need reminders that are not scale based....and this is definately it. Congratulatinos on your journey so far, as it is truly inspiring!
tadaponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #40  
Taking it all in...

S/C/G: check out the ticker ;)

Height: 5'7.5"

Your story choked me up. My kids are the biggest reason I want to do this. I want to experience everything with them, and be around a long, long time for them

xoxo
Goddess In Training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

Wow, what an inspiring story. A lot of people in your situation might have decided that this was their lot in life and wallowed in self pity, so I'm really impressed that you decided, "Nope, I want better for me and my kids," and set about achieving that. They say that a good story stays in people's minds after they've read it and I know yours will stick in mine.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #42  
diamondgeog

It is a great story. I'm 48 my adopted daughter is 3. I HAD to change. And it is way more awesome losing weight than I thought. I feel beyond fantastic although I have a long way to go. Not going to change my signature until I reach 220. But I am not stopping till I see a 1 as my first digit and then maintaining that forever.

One thing I've found is Huffington Post. So MANY awesome stories there. I spent one night hours going through them. They have a slideshow with hundreds. Google Huffington Post Weight loss success stories. Trust me, awesome to read. If you liked this for sure go to the Huff Post site. You will really like it.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 10-22-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:34 AM   #43  
awesomeness.

S/C/G: 350-ish/ticker/199

Height: 5'5"

This post made me cry because I am so happy for you.

Fairs have been a sore spot for me too, because I went a few years ago with my ex for a date and the one ride I wanted to ride I couldn't get on because the bar couldn't close. I was too big. I cried, and cried, and cried.

I was offered to go to the state fair this year, and I refused only because I worried about the rides and all the food. I bet I could've gotten on the rides though now that I think about it. Man, oh man! I should've went.

Congrats on everything! Gosh, I am still crying these happy tears for you because I know what it's like.
wishfuiiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #44  

You all are going to make me cry if you are not careful!

Reading over all your replies once more made me realize that not only am I blessed to have the kid that I have and the will power I possess (even if it took me years to realize that), I am also blessed to have stumbled across this forum and across each and every one of you. Your own stories are just as motivating and inspirational to me as mine is to you. Knowing that others face the same battle makes the trek seem less drear and more doable. Knowing I inspire people pushes me forward, and when I stumble, I read the posts of the very people who I once inspired so I myself can be inspired by them.

Talk about a gift that keeps on giving. And one that is worlds better than the Annual Christmas Fruit Cake.