Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #1  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Default October 2013 Friends and Losers

Anyone wanna give this a whirl with me? I have been eating for my health most of the time....but right now, I am in hog heaven. I don't think I am completely out of control....but it's a close call. My WI this a.m......213. Not the best...but I am sooo looking forward to next Monday's W.I. I could sure use some cheerleaders....and if there were some of my oldbie cheerleaders...that would be really fun. Anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #2  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Hi Nicole!!
Long time no see I still have that Hello Kitty blanket from back when... remember?
I am trying to get back on track as well. Are you following any plans?
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yes, dammit! I do want in. What are you doing Nicole? LAWL or something else? I have been thinking about trying to find my old books, but I weigh so much more than I did when I did it last time that my old plan wouldn't be the right one. I have seriously got to get a clue. That's it! I'm a rebel without a clue. Plain and simple, lol.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #4  
Post-Master

I just ordered the books on ebay.....digital version . There is a ton of info on this site too. Yes, LAWL. Red plan. More later. Hi Nancy .
Old 10-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Okay, I just ordered my plan on Ebay. We are really going to do this. Nicole, you and I have been living in similar twilight zones the last couple of years, and I know that we have a lot to offer each other. We can do this, we have both done it before, and by god, we both deserve it!

Nancy- Nice to meet you!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Nicole, how did you find the digital version? When I searched nothing came up.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #7  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey Ladies! I'm in for a little support! I probably won't be following one of the plans-but if I want to lose another 20 lbs, I need to follow a low carb, high protein diet-so it's similar.

I've mostly maintained my weight loss from surgery for the last 2 years. I've had pretty typical results in losing a good percentage of my excess weight and a small amount of regain from my lowest weight (188). My surgeon's team consider me to be a success and I do too. But-I know I can lose some more. Bad habits/addictions returned. I have severe iron deficiency that is now requiring me to get iron infusions. But-it's time to get off my duff and get into regular exercise (always my weakest point) and eliminate the bad carbs and alcohol (whole 'nother story) from my diet.

I do fine with my diet most of the time. I can no longer eat huge portions (thankfully) but can still graze on "slider" foods in the evening while watching TV/FBing/etc . . .and drinking. Damn wine.

So-I make Josie "earn" her screen time. So, I'm going to do that too. No computer/Hulu/Netflix time for me until I exercise. And no more eating in front of the computer. If I can stick to these rules-i really shouldn't have a problem.

So-one day at a time. I had Greek yogurt with fresh peach and a little whole grain granola for crunch at breakfast. Lunch will be a taco salad (no chips). Dinner? Mahi Mahi with mashed cauliflower and arugula salad. Snacks can be cucumber with hummus, pickles or protein coffee. One or more of those.

It's gorgeous here today so I'm going to get a 2 mile run/walk in before I leave work. We have an awesome pedestrian path around my work. I'll wave at some monkeys!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #8  
Post-Master

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=271282779012
Old 10-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #9  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Ladies!!!! Hello!!! Well I got 100 lbs off and then put 50 back on. I have sipped eating meat and cut out gluten and dairy.. Makes my Packer games a little dull!!!! I tried a product suggested by a friend that is all natural and have lost 4 lbs and 5" in a month. I liked it so much I signed up a a distributor and MIL and hubs are starting. I also started a food blog so will share my recipes with you!
Glad to back with you amazing ladies!!'n
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #10  
Post-Master

Yes, Nancy...I do remember...how very nice to see you .

JM.....Kristen.....so nice to get back in touch with you all. How we all struggle. I have never really made a ton of progress, but I have never quit....well, for more than a couple of months anyway.

So, I start FF tomorrow morning. I am not even prepared, grocery wise, but I will stop in at the grocery store in the a.m. and make the best of it. I am sooo ready to move my ticker.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Its been so long since I did Take Off or a FF that I cant remember how! LOL I told hubby yesterday that it was time for the food police to show up at our house. I've been off my BP medicine since May and have NO desire to have to start taking it again so here's to the healthy eating! Nice to "see" everybody again! Lets do this!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #12  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I'm in. Lurking around here and foot surgery has done me no good. This is the kick I need. I'm fitting into my size 10s but I want my definition and energy back.

Nicole and anyone else that is interested I STILL HAVE my original Red program paperwork--I guess I held onto it for a reason.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #13  
Let's try this again . .

Hey ladies! How is your week going?

So far I've managed to get in my exercise and EARN my screen time! 2 mile power walk yesterday (knee a little too sore for jogging) and a 1hr tap class tonight. Yesterday was almost perfect food wise. Today didn't start off great since my mom showed up this morning with warm Krispy Kreme! So-yeah, i caved and had one. But redeemed myself the rest of the day. Naked burrito from Qdoba. Yum. It's that TOM for me this week so I'm staying off the scale!
Old 10-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 189.6/164.9/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello Ladies....
I'd almost given up hope that anyone was around these threads!
I was posting frequently on another thread but, after a while, I was the only one posting and I eventually gave up....
I do, however, check out the forum occasionally to see if there is any 'action' and, I was pleasantly surprised to see some friendly exchanges going around!

I would love to join this group if you'll have me!
Shy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #15  
Let's try this again . .

Welcome Shy! The more the merrier! So-Nicole! How's FF going? Don't just start this thread and disappear!