Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/23/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-23-2013, 06:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!!!! Wishing you all a super fabulous Hump Day!!!!
Sending IP POWER

I've been busy the last few days and dealing with headaches , season and weather I think?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #3  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, IPeeps! It's a great day because I've been OP 4 days and the hunger pangs didn't get the best of me. I'm back in the saddle again, yay!

Last edited by sekc14; 10-23-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #4  

This is yesterday's daily thought from Beck Diet Solution

October 22, 2013 - Tuesday Reality Check

If you find yourself trying to rationalize eating something, “It’s okay because I’ll just have a little; I won’t eat anything later; I had a small lunch, etc.” consider using that as a cue to NOT eat. Remind yourself, “Once the situation has passed, I won’t be sorry I didn't eat it.”
Old 10-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #5  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Another loss on the scale today!!! Good luck to everyone & keep up the incredible work!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #6  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Good morning all!!!! Wishing you all a super fabulous Hump Day!!!!
Sending IP POWER

I've been busy the last few days and dealing with headaches , season and weather I think?
IP POWER back atcha, sonolady! That's such a bummer about the headaches, I'm sorry. I'm sure you're staying hydrated which is why you mentioned season/weather. Allergies are brutal, I didn't realize they go all year round. Hoping you find some relief soon. Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
Good morning, IPeeps! It's a great day because I've been OP 4 days and the hunger pangs didn't get the best of me. I'm back in the saddle again, yay!

sekc14
- it IS a great day and so happy for you that you've been going strong for 4 days OP - it's amazing how the hunger pangs subside but you just need to muscle through that first week and it seems like you are making it proudly over the hump - nice job! Have a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

If you find yourself trying to rationalize eating something, “It’s okay because I’ll just have a little; I won’t eat anything later; I had a small lunch, etc.” consider using that as a cue to NOT eat. Remind yourself, “Once the situation has passed, I won’t be sorry I didn't eat it.”
Lisa - oh my gosh; you've nailed it! I think I've used every one of those rational thoughts at one point or another; great advice and awesome entry - food for thought for sure (pun intended). If confronting a food challenge, we need to remind ourselves to take deep breaths and move on and know we're in good hands with IP. On that note, challenges are all around us, every day and they'll never go away but if we role play and anticipate how we are going to react when the challenge presents itself then we'll be stronger at the moment. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Lisa. As we get closer to Halloween, the office (300+ people) has candy and parties every where I turn. I'll keep what you said in mind, especially the bit about "I won't be sorry I didn't eat it!" OMmm

Okay my lovely fellow IP'ers, hoping the Swoosh Fairy visits all of us this week - let's commit to staying focused on the plan and our bodies will do the rest (eventually)..

Old 10-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #7  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all

That is a great quote Lisa. I think I may need to get that Beck book.

I'm having an odd week. Clinic added Enzymes to my protocol. My hope is to phase off my gerd meds one day though it has been a lifelong issue. Anyway, I feel wonky, weight is staying more static, and having the big C. The latter is odd since that's part of what the Enzymes should help with. (I already take Calm and colonRX every day)

Has anyone else taken the Enzymes? Had any issues?

I'm sticking with them because I figure I need to give it a week to see... Just a little concerned. Plus I feel like I'm taking a million pills - regular IP ones on the sheet, colon RX, Enzymes, detox pak(6 pills) and Omegas.

Just wondered if anyone else has any experience with the Enzymes.

Happy IP Power day to all.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

PrincessPeacock and Lisa: You both may be on to something.

Apparently IP has "reformulated" their Omega 3's.

Instead of taking 3 pills per day at the cost of $24/bottle, the new one will be 2 pills per day at $30/bottle, and both only are a month's supply.

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 10-23-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #9  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
PrincessPeacock and Lisa: You both may be on to something.

Apparently IP has "reformulated" their Omega 3's.

Instead of taking 3 pills per day at the cost of $24/bottle, the new one will be 2 pills per day at $30/bottle, and both only are a month's supply.
Ooh! I missed this bit of info, thanks for bringing it to my attention IdealProteinNewbie, PrincessPeacock and Lisa - so, when would this start? This IS gr8 news!!! The IP vits get very $ *sigh*
Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Morning everyone! I was catching up on the daily chat from yesterday and saw some people asking about how they chose their goal weight. I had shared this link in another thread but wanted to put it here as well. Obviously you don't have to follow this but it calculates where your BMI is and tells you the ranges of 'normal' (whatever that is!) and 'overweight'. There are special circumstances and if you feel like you fall in a special circumstance, you should probably talk to your doctor/coach.

As a person who has been overweight since childhood, I couldn't tell you a 'healthy' weight. My nutritionists have always said that at 5' tall you should be 100lbs (+-15lbs). Then for every inch, add 5 lbs. So i'm 5'9 and that would put my 'healthy range' between 130-160. That is because the spot on weight would be 145. So i did the range. Get it? When you calculate your BMI online and I put in 5'9 at 145, my BMI was 21.4...which is normal range. If I put in 160lbs, it put my BMI at 23. Which is close to 'overweight'. THe BMI website I used is below:

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...MI/bmicalc.htm
Old 10-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Good morning fellow IPer's
I'm in love! Just made the crispy pancakes and they are soo yummy. It is great to have something to chew in the morning and feels and tastes like real pancakes. Don't know why I waited so long...some of the recipes overwhelm me.
Have a great day
Old 10-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Love this! Printing it out and putting it everywhere (over computer, on fridge door, etc.) Hubby is out of town all week and with the combination of cooking "fun" food for the kids, and the added stress of doing it all myself, I have had a few trying days. Still 100%, but have those moments where I open the fridge and simply stand there staring at nothing.
This too shall pass.....
Old 10-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #13  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

The mornings are getting cooler here in NOLA. Im all most out of the IP packets and will be going full alt on Friday. I'm wondering has anyone warmed up an EAS drink after blending with spinach? I don't know if I drink smoothies thru the winter LOL
Old 10-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #14  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Good morning all

That is a great quote Lisa. I think I may need to get that Beck book.

I'm having an odd week. Clinic added Enzymes to my protocol. My hope is to phase off my gerd meds one day though it has been a lifelong issue. Anyway, I feel wonky, weight is staying more static, and having the big C. The latter is odd since that's part of what the Enzymes should help with. (I already take Calm and colonRX every day)

Has anyone else taken the Enzymes? Had any issues?

I'm sticking with them because I figure I need to give it a week to see... Just a little concerned. Plus I feel like I'm taking a million pills - regular IP ones on the sheet, colon RX, Enzymes, detox pak(6 pills) and Omegas.

Just wondered if anyone else has any experience with the Enzymes.

Happy IP Power day to all.

I have had major issues with the big c and my coach switched me off of the Cal/Mag and on to a regular Mag and a transdermal mag spray (a lot of people don't absorb the pills so that can be a problem) plus enzymes. It helps, but I use the smooth move tea several times a week on top of that. Not the best situation. I did a bit of an experiment this weekend because I wanted to see if it was the soy in the IP food causing the problems. I switched my bars to Quest Naturals (Per the goddess of all things IP, Lisa) and substituted a real protein for the IP protein (the 3rd one). This is not a long term solution, it was an experiment and I did see an improvement so I plan to do half alternatives and half IP so I can reduce the amount of soy I am consuming. I need my coach and not feel comfortable leaving his practice so I have to do some IP to stay there, but for me the soy is certainly a contributing factor to constipation and tummy troubles.

I do wonder of those who use smooth move tea, how often do you use it. I use it way more than the package says, is that really a problem? Thoughts?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 171/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone. Just wanted to share I started IP on 09/23 at 173.6 and now a month later I am down to 160.
Feeling very good abt myself. I have 40 more pounds to lose and I am highly motivated to stay on plan and get this over with once and for all

Closed Thread