General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #1  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Searching for A Song

I thought I'd ask everyone out there for help tracking down an old song. I've searched every which way and CANNOT find it!

This is what I know: It was on a cassette tape made for me by a friend back in 1994. The first half of the tape was Metallica's "black" album and the second side was Skid Row, one of which song was "wasted time". I would assume this song, which followed "wasted time" on the homemade cassette, would be also Skid Row but I can't find it on that "Slave to the Grind" album OR in any search of Skid Row songs/lyrics.

The lyrics are set to a slow-anthem heavy metal rock tune, similar to how "Wasted Time" sounds. The lyrics from the song that I remember go "Don't you ever forget the people/Who made you what you are today/Cuz if you ever forget the people/There'll be no more yesterdays". I can sing this clear as day in my head but haven't been able to find the song.

The friend who gave me this tape lives clear across the country, is not on facebook, and I haven't seen him in 15 years.

How can I find this song? Does this ring a bell for anyone?
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #2  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I surfed for a while trying to find it and even talked to a music-nut friend who is a huge Skid Row fan. Crickets a-chirpin' - I have nothing to offer here!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

thank you! I've searched everywhere too and if I hadn't heard it myself, I would think it doesn't even exist lol....ive asked music buffs too...nothing
Old 10-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #4  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

Also spent like half an hour searching, no dice! Sorry, hope you find it
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #5  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Been trying hard to figure this one out! LOL! Impossible to find anything, tried to change a few of the words and combinations, still nothing. Not doubting your memory or anything, but are you completely sure that's how the song goes? Or could it be that it was a relatively unknown demo song, or that for some other reason the lyrics just aren't published?
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Coconut View Post
Been trying hard to figure this one out! LOL! Impossible to find anything, tried to change a few of the words and combinations, still nothing. Not doubting your memory or anything, but are you completely sure that's how the song goes? Or could it be that it was a relatively unknown demo song, or that for some other reason the lyrics just aren't published?
that's what i'm leaning towards thinking...the song also cut off halfway through the song on the cassette tape and the rest of that side is blank....it was a homemade tape of copies of what music he had....

i wonder though how a kid in isolated Interior Alaska would have gotten his hands on a demo song(?) but i've become convinced that it's a demo song or hidden track or something that's just impossible to find

maybe i need to track down a big Skid Row fan club and see if anyone knows....AND it might not be a Skid Row song either
Old 10-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #7  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Good luck with finding it, sometimes I get a song stuck in my head and it drives me nuts!!!

I wanted to purchase a song on iTunes but I don't think it is available, its not as well known as other songs by the same artist.

Have you tried typing the name of the song into the search bar on you tube?
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote