Old 10-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #1  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Default Fitbit flex

I got a fitbit flex today! Anyone else have one?

I will post a review in a couple of days :-)

ETA: REVIEW

So, I've had my flex for about ten days and I can honestly say that I love it! It's so comfortable to where and I forget that I have it on! I love the fact that it syncs to my phone!
The only thing id prefer is that is had a display to tell time and steps.

Last edited by Mozzy; 10-27-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #2  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

I don't have one but I want one! I have a plain old fitbit that tracks my steps but I'm super interested in the flex, can't wait to read your take on it.
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 318/263/258

Height: 5'6"

I really want a Flex. Can't wait to read your review!
shrewlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

I have the "one". I have had it since july and love it. Enjoy!
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

I bought the zip while I wait for the flex force to arrive! It should be here today and I'm really looking forward to it.

Stupid flex force won't be here till end of November.
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #6  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I got a Fitbit Flex from my brother for my birthday this year in June and sure it's more or less a fancy step counter as it's critics say, but I love it. It estimates how many calories you're burning (no chest strap so I assume it uses your activity level and stats to calculate calorie burn), it tells you what quality of sleep you're getting (one of my favourite features), and best of all it syncs to the Fitbit app on my iPod touch so that I can check my progress all through the day. You can also track your calories consumed and even your different workout activities (more varied than steps).

It's a really cool device with lots of really cool features (vibrates to let you know you've hit your goal for the day, has a gentle smart alarm to wake you gently in the morning) and definitely motivates me to get up and do a little more especially when I haven't hit my step targets etc. I don't take a shower with it even though they say you can. Even washing my hands, I feel like water splashes into it and it gets damp between the sensor and the wrist band. I imagine with full water immersion, that could be a nasty situation. This was as gift but I'd definitely buy it! It's a great little device.

Mozzy I can't wait to hear how you like yours! What color did you get?

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 10-18-2013 at 06:17 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #7  
Nothing is impossible

S/C/G: 296/Ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I have the Flex and I also love it! I hoped that in buying it it would motivate me to work out more and log more steps and it sure has!! I have been working out at least 3 days a week if not more which for me who never worked out even when I was thinner is a MAJOR accomplishment. I have had it since July and have almost lost 20 pounds. A few of those weeks were even a stall because I assume I am building more muscle. The only thing that I don't like is that when I bought mine they didn't have the pink one they have now for breast cancer awareness month I highly recommend it!!
SouthernBell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

Day one complete!
So far I love it. I have the basic black one.
I'm not taking as many steps throughout the day as I thought, so I need to make a conscious effort to move more!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

Bump for review
Old 10-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I have an old school ultra.

Curious how does the flex work for charging? Is it easy to pop in and off the charger/synch thingy?

My only reason is, that a friend had a problem with her "one" it got stuck on the charger and she resarched and that was a common complaint about the newer models.

My Ultra is on its last legs (and I keep forgetting to wear it over the past week) but I know I'll need to replace it eventually and trying to figure out which model to replace it with. I like the 'invisitbility' of the ultra/one. I can just clip it on and it 'hides' under my cloths I don't even notice its there most of the time.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #11  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

silentartic: The flex is extremely easy to charge. Yes there are small parts involved but not so small you'd lose them. And there's certainly no danger of anything getting stuck anywhere with the charger. If anything, I'd be more worried about the sensor not staying in the charger, although I haven't had that problem. It's all very easy in and out. For a short time I had a problem with the Flex not charging but I realized I had to clean the contact points and I just give them a quick wipe before I plug it in to charge. I charge it either using my laptop or I use my iPad charger (y'know the one that has the space for a USB cable that goes into the mains). I've also used my phone charger. Basically any plug with space for a USB will do it. As far as noticing it's there. I'm not one to sleep with anything on my wrists but I sleep with the Fitbit Flex without noticing. It comes with 2 bands so you can adjust it to the point where it's not clamped to your skin leaving a sweaty mark or anything. It's pretty comfy and unnoticeable.
If you're in the market for a new Fitbit, the upcoming Fitbit Force will have display and everything so you won't have to check your phone or whatever to see your progress. Ideally I'd like to do these for christmas presents for my mom and brother, that's how great and totally worth it I think they are. But only if they come out in time (transatlantic shipping considerations). Otherwise, I'm definitely going to get the Flex. It's pretty amazing.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote