View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
Goddess Jessica
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I am going to come back to this thread and note the podcasts and books I've been trying out.

Slim for Life (Jillian Michaels) - Really not doing it for me. If you're going to read this book, do it in the paper format. A lot of the audio book is her reading lists. Super boring.

The Power of Habit (Charles Duhigg) - Fascinating listen. All about the science behind creating good and bad habits and what we need to break them.

Making Mountains Move - I don't know WHAT this guy is selling but whatever it is, I am not buying. I should have know something sleazy was going on by the fact that all the reviews for his podcasts were 5 stars but really didn't say what the podcast was about. He does a lot of talking about getting motivated but not really HOW to do that. Terrible, terrible podcast.

Fit Girl: Your Guide to Getting in Shape - Not impressed. She seems nice enough but pretty boring. I'll try this podcast once more but overall, it just didn't seem like there was any content.

Half Size Me - Okay, now THIS is what I am talking about. A real person with a real story talking to other real people. I started with episode #88 where she talks about her story and I found it a excellent listen. So far, I highly recommend this.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote