Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/17/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-17-2013, 06:49 AM   #2  

Link to zucchini muffin recipe. Since I eliminated soy, this has become a staple.

Maple oatmeal (restricted unless you use Protidiet brand)
I also like banana, lemon, wildberry, and potato. I made chocolate the other nite...kinda like a brownie! You can make pumpkin spice with vanilla pudding pumpkin pie spice

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4815317-post89.html

I saw one posted yesterday but it was a little different. With the zucchini, no additional water necessary. I cook & drain my zucchini first.

I personally add no additional sweetener but I'm trying to get away from everything tasting like dessert, sine that isn't real life.

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-17-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #3  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Oooooh! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Lisa, I love Zucchini bread so, what a smart way to portion control a la muffins! I've been so curious to check out the oatmeal so to use it in a recipe will be interesting. From the picture, they seem to have come out beautifully. I bet this made your kitchen smell so good ~ hope you enjoyed and thanks again.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Good Morning!!

I have barely been on here this week. It's been super crazy at work, and my mom and Grandma are coming tonight until Tuesday so I'm sure with the combination, I won't get much time on here again until next week when life goes back to normal.

Just wanted to stop by and report that I had weigh in 14 this morning and am down another 3.4 lbs! I am so close to 50 lbs lost! And ONEderland!

I added all of my weight loss into the Halloween Challenge, since I met the challenge a few weeks ago, I wanted to see the percentage I lost total, etc. I wish I knew how to make a chart like that.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week! I will come back when I can!!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good Morning!!

I have barely been on here this week. It's been super crazy at work, and my mom and Grandma are coming tonight until Tuesday so I'm sure with the combination, I won't get much time on here again until next week when life goes back to normal.

Just wanted to stop by and report that I had weigh in 14 this morning and am down another 3.4 lbs! I am so close to 50 lbs lost! And ONEderland!

I added all of my weight loss into the Halloween Challenge, since I met the challenge a few weeks ago, I wanted to see the percentage I lost total, etc. I wish I knew how to make a chart like that.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week! I will come back when I can!!
Woohoo! WTG on the WI - ONEderland is next

Lisa - I made the vanilla pudding/pumpkin spice zucchini muffins last night for a co-worker. She's having a tough time staying OP so I offered to make her some since I was making myself some. I made the lemon pudding ones for myself - yum!

Good Thursday morning all! Parent/Teacher conferences for my son tonight. Why do I still feel like the child and not the parent at these things???

I think my coach mentioned that they were getting those new chips in today, debating on whether or not I want to pick some up. I've heard they're quite strong in flavour but maybe with some mockamole, they'd be really yummy?

Have a great IP day!
Jo
Old 10-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Talking

Good Morning my Lovlies

I hope that everyone is having a good morning so far. This weekend we are bringing all of our stuff back from storage (we put it in there over the summer with the idea our house would sell) and since it has not we are bringing everything back , so I can have my house back and host Thanksgiving!!!

I am feeling good today, I do not have a craving for sweets today so I guess that is a NSV in its own LOL.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Good luck today SarahBell, we're cheering you on!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Good luck today SarahBell, we're cheering you on!
Thank you so much.. the kids have today and tomorrow off so I am going to take them bowling tomorrow and today we are getting the house nice and clean so we have the weekend for whatever. Mom and dad will not be around too much over the weekend they have too much to do to get their house up by the end of November! They have 6.5 weeks to get the blue prints, basement dug, foundation poured git that abt 2.5-3 weeks to set up properly and then have the house delivered. The company they purchased the home from cannot deliver after a certain time due to freeze laws and weather around here!
so we stay home and find something fun to do

Last edited by sarahBell; 10-17-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #9  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Congrats ShrinkingSusie! Onderland is just around the corner!! Enjoy your visit with your family.

My hubby comes home Saturday, I am getting the dust bunnies out of the corners of his man cave and have his beer fridge full and his man cave pantry full of snacky things. That man is so lucky he is six feet tall, and has no fat on him. Lives off of steak, potatoes and beer. Glad he can keep all of that not good for me stuff in the basement! Even gladder he will be home to inhabit the man cave once more.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Good Morning!!

Way to go! Lol still right behind ya! - I have to change my weigh in day to sat because of my new job - so maybe next one will take me to that magical onederland - but I imagine it will be the week after

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post

Good Thursday morning all! Parent/Teacher conferences for my son tonight. Why do I still feel like the child and not the parent at these things???

I think my coach mentioned that they were getting those new chips in today, debating on whether or not I want to pick some up. I've heard they're quite strong in flavour but maybe with some mockamole, they'd be really yummy?

Have a great IP day!
Jo
The new chips are really good - I didnt find them all that strong - and with the mockamole they are like a full meal!!
Have fun at the parent teacher interview bwaahaaa- I hated those - usually skipped them if I could get away with it

So not sure if this is a nsv or what - but watched the biggest looser the other night and for the FIRST time ever - I weighed less than everyone on there! usually there were one or two that I could compare myself with...

Have a great IP day everyone
Old 10-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #11  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

I watched the biggest loser the other night as well and noticed I had lost more than many of the other past contestants. It was such an awesome feeling!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
I watched the biggest loser the other night as well and noticed I had lost more than many of the other past contestants. It was such an awesome feeling!
I watched it too. Did you see that one guy drop 38lbs!!!! I was just in awe of that loss. I wonder if most of it was water weight?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Good Morning!!

shrinkngsusie - you have two BIG celebrations coming up! Fifty pounds and Onederland. I hope that you are thinking of ways to treat yourself, maybe a mani/pedi, a massage, new jewelry....
Old 10-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #14  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well I'm back from another weigh in. 2.2 lbs

That's after the warrior dash and an Off plan day. Told my coach I won't be back and that I was switching to alternatives. He wasn't very happy as matter of fact he got pretty cold. Guess I was really just $$ to him. Oh well.

I'm halfway to my goal and I'm not stopping Now!
Old 10-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #15  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Congrats Nola!

Good morning all. Just quickly checking in before getting started on work. Same stress, same "can't wait for this exam to be over," blah blah blah from me. Staying cheerful. Have hikes lined up for when I get home from NC, am researching nutritionists who specialize in ketogenic diets for exercisers, and am planning my trips to Tahoe for snowboarding with the boyfriend. So, despite the pain, there's a lot of joy. I guess this is just another example of 'life.'

Hugs to you all!

Last edited by sarita75; 10-17-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Closed Thread