Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Smile After years of searching for jeans....

I found 4 pairs at a discount store! I have a large butt and thighs/legs compared to my upper body (as well as a very small waist) and I've tried so many different brands yet nothing works for me until I get down to a very low weight (which will still take a while). I can't believe how lucky I was to find 4 pairs! I'm not going to keep them all but I just couldn't decide!

Have any of you had a hard time finding jeans that flatter and are comfortable? I thought I'd have to pay some crazy amount to have nice jeans but these are very cute and were under $20 (for one)! Ok, I'll fess up and admit that one pair was actually $50 but I just HAD to get them anyway. I'll probably return two pairs...or not.

Jeans are such a huge wardrobe staple and now I have so many more options when I get dressed in the morning. Yipppeeeee!!!!!!

Last edited by luckymommy; 10-17-2013 at 10:18 AM.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/172/150

Height: 5'2"

I am totally with u here! My body shape poses the same issue everytime i try to shop for jeans.
Well, am hoping to find some for me too when i reach my goal weight..till then, i have put shopping on hold.
iamritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I have a really hard time finding jeans, too, for the same reasons as you listed. I'm at wits end! What brand did you find that worked?

The only thing I have found so far are Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans for $15.99 at Costco. They are colored denim, a little bit stretchy. Just got a great pair in deep red yesterday. A few years ago I got a pair in sort of a dusty pale green.

Seems weird to be buying pants at Costco, but there you have it.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

luckymommy!!!!

Hey, some of my fave finds, especially as I've been losing weight have been at Thrift stores, actually. I went to a sale at our local GW (goodwill) and found a great pair of jeans that I thought would be in my yet to be reached "smaller size". In fact, they had two pairs, in that size (16). I had been dieting for about a month, and thought MAYBE I was a size 18 (down from a original 22) so I didn't try them on (and got just one pair). Well, I got home and for thrills and chills, I wanted to see how close they were to fitting.

Well, they fit like they were custom made for me--- PERFECT. I was shocked! Needless to say, I returned to GW within the hour to get the other pair and wouldn't you know it??... they'd be sold. Dang it!

Congrats on finding flattering jeans on your way to your healthy weight. Sure enough, jeans are a wardrobe staple but when our bodies get to be in healthier proportions, they looks and feel so much better.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

MrsKevin
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Jeans are really important and I'm willing to pay any price (up to $120) for a pair. I buy jeans from NYDJ, and Coldwater Creek. Just like you I am a pear shape with hourglass tendencies and it's really important to find the right jeans. I usually buy them so that they fit through the hip and thigh and then get them tailored to cinch in the waist. Like Oprah once said, nobody can really wear clothes off the rack, most people need to tailor their clothes specifically for their bodies and I've taken that to heart.

Last edited by Palestrina; 10-19-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/207/179

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
The only thing I have found so far are Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans for $15.99 at Costco.
I have to see if they sell them at BJs, because I usually spend $30, for them at Sears - on sale!!

They do fit my pear shape pretty well.
sparks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 246/207/179

Height: 5' 5.5"

And I did find them at BJs for 16.99, way better than $30. I bought three pairs, all in size 16, which is a freakishly tiny size for me!

I have friends who swear by Lucky or 7 for Mankind but I have no intention of spending a lot on a pair unless I think I will be wearing them for a long time. I am totally hoping that the ones I bought won't fit me in a few months!
sparks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

For general every day work, at the veterinary hospital, I buy the cheap $10 jeans in the mens dept. at Wal-mart.

Fit well and wear like iron! Deep front and back pockets. Heavy duty denim, bite and tear resistant!

For my good jeans, I prefer, "Cruel Girl" western jeans in the mid rise. About $55-$60 but worth it!

FWIW, if you have a hard time finding womens jeans that fit well, check out the men's dept. The fit and cut are different, and might be a better option.

Also, check out jeans in farm stores, western wear stores, the cuts, fabric and sizing are way different.

For the record, since I can also sew, I find the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans waist band to be the strangest, strangulating, wrinkly, needed startch and ironing, and tacked down, waist band ever. If the ones mentioned earlier in thread have the same waist band as older models, that is an itching, binding, twisting, ironing night mare.

In the past, (I haven't looked at any GV jeans in a long time), the waist band had a "facing" rather than a stitched down waist band.

If they have changed this, that would be a good thing.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
For general every day work, at the veterinary hospital, I buy the cheap $10 jeans in the mens dept. at Wal-mart.

Fit well and wear like iron! Deep front and back pockets. Heavy duty denim, bite and tear resistant!

For my good jeans, I prefer, "Cruel Girl" western jeans in the mid rise. About $55-$60 but worth it!

FWIW, if you have a hard time finding womens jeans that fit well, check out the men's dept. The fit and cut are different, and might be a better option.

Also, check out jeans in farm stores, western wear stores, the cuts, fabric and sizing are way different.

For the record, since I can also sew, I find the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans waist band to be the strangest, strangulating, wrinkly, needed startch and ironing, and tacked down, waist band ever. If the ones mentioned earlier in thread have the same waist band as older models, that is an itching, binding, twisting, ironing night mare.

In the past, (I haven't looked at any GV jeans in a long time), the waist band had a "facing" rather than a stitched down waist band.

If they have changed this, that would be a good thing.
I know nothing about sewing or facing or whatever, but I find the GV Amanda jeans incredibly high-waisted for my body and they just do not fit well. The waist is very uncomfortable to me, and no where near my natural waist. My mom, who is pear-shaped with a well-defined waist, loves them, though. I need something in a mid rise, which I admit I am having a hard time finding in a pair for about $30 (I really don't think it will be more than a couple of months before I can get back into my pre-pregnancy ones).
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #10  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Are the jeans in the farm stores etc still 100% denim? I can't believe that you can't buy standard womens' jeans anymore without some stretch in them. All my jeans from the last time I was this weight, so 2005 or so, are 100% denim. None of the jeans nowadays, same brands, are 100% denim. Hate that! (1st world problem, I admit)
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #11  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I have a weird body shape as well. My waist is much smalled than my lower body, so I have trouble finding jeans that fit right. Most of the jeans I find either fit great everywhere except they won't fit around my butt or they'll fit around my butt and are baggy everywhere else.

However, its seems like Lee Riders fit fairly well.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote