Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 08:49 AM   #1  

Default Over 50 And Getting Healthy # 6

[size=huge]Welcome to our little corner of the world.
You have found a wonderful, supportive group of people.
We like to keep an upbeat attitude; Try to find some humor in each day.
Focus on your plan. Be honest; Don't blame other people and other things when we hit a bump in the road; ... And we DO all hit them at some time.
Remember, you have the power to make things happen in your life, to make some changes. Remember also, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten."
Please join us in our journey to weight loss and good health.[/size]
Old 11-08-2003, 08:55 AM   #2  

Default I THOUGHT IT WAS TIME, ...

Hi everybody,
The other thread was getting a bit long, so I started another one.

[size=huge]DON'T FORGET TO GO BACK TO LAST THREAD AND READ LATEST POSTS![/size]

I'll be back later. I'm drinking my weekend cup of coffee while I read.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Uh-oh, didn't we lose Sue the last time we did this? I hope she finds us again. Haven't seen her in a long time.

Wow, Puss--2 lbs.! Way to go! I bet you were tired after all that exercise. I like the way you're not telling them that you used to swim when you were a kid. Did your DH make it home okay? Mine got in last night at about 11:30 pm. He has a raging cold, too. I wonder if that "Airborne" stuff works? He's been snorting Zicam all week so hopefully the cold symptoms will be mild. My Dad has been using a lot of Kleenex, too.

Willow, the poor babysitter! I bet she didn't come around again. This cupping is different than the respiratory cupping. She uses something that looks like a little glass, lights a match in it to burn up the oxygen, and then puts it on my skin where it acts like a suction so it's kind of pulling on the skin. It's a weird feeling, and I haven't looked to see if the blood vessels broke, but whatever she did on Wednesday was very helpful.

I like your attitude about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just don't want to deal with stuff like that anymore. You know, it's hard knowing what people really like or need when you don't live with them, and everyone loves the gift of cash. My parents used to do that with our family--it's time to start doing that with my kids. We're probably going to have a smoked turkey, and I'm buying pies, too. There's a place that makes much better pies than me! We'll probably just make all the side dishes.

Jacquie, I've heard good things about water walking. My Dad used to do it at our community pool. The resistance is good for the muscles, and the warm water is good for the joints. Oh, man, Christmas shopping. It's that time of year. Usually I'm almost done by now, but I'm leaning toward the check thing, too. I don't go to malls, but do shop online.

You know, one of the reasons we added on to this house for my Dad was because it was such a pain in the butt to go down to the assisted living place all the time. It's so much easier now that he's here. Luckily, he doesn't expect us to entertain him. It is difficult, however, to go anyplace because I have to hire someone, but make it seem like I'm hiring them to watch the animals when really I'm hiring them to make sure he's okay. Hope the time away with your grandkids is relaxing (at least when they're in school!). Also, hope your mother doesn't call a lot like Pusses Mom--now that would be stressful.

Charlotte, it's so easy to do too much when you're feeling good, but it gets you in the end, doesn't it? Then when you feel better again, you forget and do it all over! I'm glad you enjoyed your manicure. What color polish did you get? Did they put sequins and "nail art" on your nails? My bank teller used to get Christmas trees painted on her nails in December--I thought it was pretty cute.

Can you imagine what mischief your girls could have gotten into with Willow's boys when they were little? I'm laughing out loud just thinking what could have happened if you guys had lived near each other. That car story is just too scary!

My cousin who lives nearby is arranging with hospice for care for my cousin with cancer. The cancer cousin wants to come after Thanksgiving, but we're thinking she needs to come sooner or she won't be in any condition to fly. She can't walk well, can't do stairs, and can't sit in a wheelchair for long. My cousin is arranging for her to get a scooter. My poor cousin is very stressed out by this--I'm trying to get her to let me take some of this on, but haven't had any success. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Oh, Puss, my DH told me that they're trying to change the meeting from Scotland to London so, if everything works out, I'd be in London on my own for three days while DH sits in a stuffy room somewhere. You know what I'm nervous about? Forgetting to look right first when crossing a street!

Another gorgeous day around here. My dogs are circling and whining for a walk. It's much warmer than it has been so I'm going to put on my walking shoes and head on out. Have a great day everyone! Hi to SunnyD--hope you have a great weekend!

Last edited by Sheila53; 11-08-2003 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:57 PM   #4  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Hi Guys! I cannot stay on long - just checking in to send "Hello's" your way for a great day! I am hoping to be able to catch up sometime tomorrow afternoon (fingers crossed) ~ weekends are very busy for me when my hubby, Joe, is home... not allot of time at the computer.

I left a link on the last thread to help anyone that may have gotten lost last time - like Bluet did

*Don't forget to re-subscribe to this New Thread, Bluet

Take Care everyone!!!
(((Hugs)))

PS>>> it's 33* here and it's SNOWING!
Old 11-08-2003, 03:33 PM   #5  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Hi, Just popping in to see what the topics are in the threads. I haven't been here for a year but have only been able to lose 27# in that year, so rejoined WW@work & am trying again. I have about 100# to lose yet so I need all the motivation I can get. In the last year I moved from WI to OH, started a new job with an old company & my hubby & I have an empty nest & time for us.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:36 PM   #6  

Welcome, Loodie! I noticed on another thread that you have RA. You have something in common with another member here, well, as well as with all of us on our struggle for a healthy lifestyle!

I think you've done tremendously well to lose 27 lbs. on your own--congratulations! I, too, go to Weight Watchers and I find it to be a tremendous support. I love my leader! I started out with 100 lbs. to lose, too, and am down almost 60 lbs--hoping to reach that 60 lbs. mark next week. I live for those WW gold stars, and the "oohs" and "ahhs" when the leader says how much I've lost. I'm shameless!

Tell us a little bit about yourself. I'm 50, have a blended family of 2 boys and 2 girls (boys are mine, one girl is his, and one girl is ours). My youngest (the "ours") is in Navy bootcamp so you'll see me whining about not getting letters. I have one granddaughter, a wonderful 3 year old who has a rare chromosome disorder that makes her special needs. She's the light of my life, and I can't wait to see her in December. I live in Washington State after 9 years of living in Boise and hating it. I'm into animals and have two dogs (one just recently passed away) and three cats who keep me up to my elbows in fur.

So do you like Ohio? I was in Cincinnati once--thought the countryside was beautiful, but, oh, I discovered allergies I never knew I had! I thought Wisconsin was beautiful, too, and, in fact, planned to move to Madison in 1977 after visiting the town during the summer, but then saw how cold it got in the winter and said, "No way!" Give me my Pacific Northwest rain any day!
Old 11-09-2003, 12:43 AM   #7  

Hi all!

Just popping in as well to say hello....I am busy packing and leaving first thing in the morning. DH will have to fend for himself for a while.....being so appreciated when you get back sure makes going away worthwhile!

We went Christmas shopping today and the malls were just a zoo. I am leaning more toward checks as well this is just getting too difficult.

Well I had better get going .....I wll post as soon as I get settled in Calgary.

Until then!

Jacquie
Old 11-09-2003, 09:00 PM   #8  

Default A good day, ..... sort of, ...

I didn't get my carpet cleaned as I had kind of planned on, but I got my laundry done yesterday and one of my grandsons stayed overnight last night and we watched the lunar eclipse with his telescope.

We had a big breakfast this morning, and I had potatoes for the first time in 3 weeks.
Then, we drove to a few places and ended up at Dairy Queen, and I had a hot fudge brownie delight. How bad is THAT??
Then we went swimming for 2 hours, then I spent 20 minutes in the hot tub, then showered and took him home. So, maybe I wore some of that naughty thing off in the pool. 4 hours later when I checked my blood sugar it was 115, so, not too awfully bad.

For supper I had a big piece of that pork roast I made in the crock pot the other night, and teriyaki vegetables.

I'll know better than to go to the pool early on a Sunday afternoon from now on. There was a kids birthday pool party. Not quite as relaxing as other times. I'll wait and go later in the evening from now on.

There is a woman whom I work with who is constantly watching my diet. It drives me nuts!
She lost 50 pounds a couple of years ago and now is a diet expert. Every day she asks, "What did you have for breakfast today?" Then a little while later she will ask, "What did you bring for lunch today?" And sure as ****, in the afternoon she will ask, " What are you having for supper tonight?"
One day she told me, "You sure have an awful lot of stir fry vegetables!" I said, " I LIKE vegetables, they are the bulk of my meals, and you can stir fry them in lots of ways. With water, with cooking spray, with olive oil, ... " She said, " When I was losing my weight, I had salads a lot of the time. Maybe you should try having a small salad before each meal."
I have never been so sorry for telling anyone I'm trying to lose weight.
Guess I'll tell her I went off the diet and am not swimming anymore too. She's been questioning me about that too. I think she's just plain nosey. Guess a better reply would be, " Why do you ask?"

Charlotte, I laughed so hard at your girls' shenanigans when they were small. I too have twins. They are right in the middle. 2 boys older than them, and 2 boys younger than them. Isn't it a wonderful experience, having twins? It's so much fun watching them grow and learn. Because they never do everything at the same time. The smaller one was always ahead of the bigger one, and one day when they were 4 years old, he was waxing eloquently about how he was ahead of his brother in everything.
I heard him saying," I know how to print my whole name, and Ronnie doesn't. And I know how to tie my shoes by myself and Ronnie doesn't yet." And he went on and on about it, and Ron just sat there not changing expression, just listening. And when Johnny got all done, Ron said, " Yeah, but I'm cuter. And, besides, if I don't learn it today, I will tomorrow maybe." I laughed so hard. It was a kodak moment, but I had no cam corder in those days.
I hope you're feeling better. I see you haven't posted. I hope it's just because you're busy.

Hi Sheila. No, it was Bluet that couldn't find us last time we changed threads.

No, that baby sitter wasn't afraid of my boys after her traumatic episode with them. She was just more careful after that.

Hi Sunny! Hope your weekend wasn't too busy and you got a chance to relax.
Thanks for putting that link to the new thread. I should have thought of that. I'm so DUHH! sometimes.

Hi Loodie! And WELCOME BACK!! I too have about a hundred to lose. I don't know as the scales is going down much the last couple of days because I haven't weighed myself, but, I can tell that my belly has gone down some. I hope this works for me. So far, so good.
Please jump in and start posting. These ladies are wonderfully funny and also good support.
Congratulations on your 27 pound loss. That's more than I lost. I had lost about 15 or so pounds about 1 1/2 years ago, and just kind of bounced up and down with 10 or so pounds all this time until just recently when I stopped eating white foods.
I'm also concentrating more on exercise on a regular basis now.

Hi Jacquie!
I suppose you're now all settled in at your temporary new home. I bet the mister will be very lonesome for you.

I haven't even attempted any Christmas shopping, and I don't intend to. I have never liked shopping. Am I weird, or what?? I thought all women liked to shop.

Enjoy your visit, and post when you can.

Bluet, where the heck are you? Hope everything is well.

Guess I better get my things rounded up for work tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:27 PM   #9  

Hi Sweet People,

Hmmmmm, thought you lost me huh? No, tricked me once but not again, besides SunnyD made it way too easy. Thank you SunnyD.

Willow, Bluet (blew it) ie an American herb with "dainty" blue flowers. I chose that name, because my favorite color is blue. My real name is Bonnie, you call me that if you like. Perhaps it is best, because when you get over here next summer, if you call me Bluet, I probably won't know who you are talking to Aren't you just green with envy that Sheila is going to England and is going to get to meet up with "perfect feet Puss"? I really am happy for you guys, just wish we were all going. I too, plan a rigorous schedule for myself, with an agenda of ten things or more and when I don't get them done, I mentally beat up on myself. My third daughter told me one time I am the only person she knows that starts one thing and ends up trying to do 5 things at once. Good going on your swimming and your diet. It is not easy giving up white things, more power to you. I'll keep you in my thoughts, because we all want this for you! I have been here all the time, but when I head up the stairs I am just too tired to head into the spare bedroom to sit down at the computer. I am going to have to make up my mind that I get up here sooner in the evening, but once I hit that comfy recliner, this old body does not want to move. I think you answered your own question for the intrusive coworker. Asking her, "Why do you ask?" is an Ann Landers moment. Trust me, I know people like her, and here I thought it was a Manitowoc thing.

Our other little Granddaughter was baptized today. We had a very nice celebration at church and then everyone went over to my daughters and SIL's house, the ones that live next door. We had a very nice lunch and the grandchildren ran around and made a lot of ruckus while the adults chatted away, and then we came home. I made a pumpkin apple pie receipe that I got off the Land O lakes web site, those that ate it said it was good, but since I don't eat sugar, I didn't get to eat any of it. I am taking the rest of it to work tomorrow along with the whipped cream.

It was very cold here on the weekend. We are into plowing the fields now and some of the headlands were frozen, so winter is approaching little by little. Although the weather man is predicting wamer weather the first part of the week. Wasn't the lunar eclipse awsome last night, I kept going out on the front porch to check on it, kept stirring up our two dogs in the kennel, they let me know they did not like it. Sheila, I never knew you thought about living in Madison at one time. Didn't like the thought of the winters, huh? Can't blame you. Madison is a fun place to visit, but I don't think I would want to live there. They don't call it Mad City for nothing.

Well, I guess I'll be heading off to bed, I can't snack or anything cause I am fasting to have my blood drawn for a cholesterol check in the morning on my way to work. Can't eat if I am sleeping, right? Well, one never knows.

Take care Charolette, Puss, SunnyD, Jacqiue, and our new thread friend Loodie. Hope your Monday is absolutely Boooootiful!

Bluet

Remember, we all stumble every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand. Emily Kimbrough
Old 11-10-2003, 06:00 PM   #10  

Ah, the Dairy Queen. I have to mute their ads when I watch TV. Dairy Queen would be my downfall if I'd let it. Luckily, the nearest one here is in a neighborhood I don't like so I'm not that tempted. However, if I asked, my DH would get me something in a minute. Occasionally, I do ask.

I think the idea of looking at your coworker for just a fraction of a second, then saying frostily, "Why do you ask?" is a great idea. I mean, what can she say to that without looking like a complete ***?

Making a dessert and then not eating any of it--you're good, Bluet. I'm in awe of the master of willpower! Sounds like you had a great Sunday and I bet the baptism was lovely.

Windy and drizzly here today. Managed to make it through another hour of aerobics. It's always hard to get up and get there, but I usually enjoy it when I do. My dad said that he got up this morning, and turned on the TV expecting news, but he got paid programming on one channel, a game show on another, and paid programming on another. He got dressed and washed up and still no news. Finally he put his watch on, and discovered it was 2:00 am! He got up earlier than our Willow! He must have gotten up about 1:30 am because it takes him a good half hour to get himself ready. He did go back to bed until about 5:30, but he's kind of dragging today.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday. We were hoping for a phone call from our DD this weekend, but no such luck. Now we'll be hoping for a letter.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:34 PM   #11  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Thank you all for your warm welcome. A little about me (that Sheila read on another thread)--I'm 54 & married to a wonderful man (who just happens to be a minister). Our 10 year anniversary is on Thanksgiving day this year. We are celebrating it by buy plane tickets for all the kids (& 1 spouse) to spend it with us. We have a blended family of 4 children. I have 1 daughter 25, lives in Northern WI. My hubby has 3 children; daughter 23, married & lives in Fairbanks, Alaska--Her hubby is army, one daughter 20 in the 3rd year of college in WI, one son 19 in the 2nd year of college. They all love each other which is totally opposite of how they felt about each other 10 years ago.

My husband & I moved from WI to OH a year ago and I answered an ad on the internet and discovered the position was with a branch of the company I worked with in WI. I work as a Systems Analyst for a large Insurance Company in Cincinnati (which is a 50 mile commute to & from work). I haven't explored Cincy much--spend most of my time there working. I have 2 goals in life--one to lose 100 pounds & two to retire so I can enjoy my passion of quilting & craft projects.

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which restricts how much exercise I can do, but the new meds I'm on are working wonders, so I have hopes of being able to take long walks & ride bike again some day. In the meantime, I have a stationary bike that I use on occasion.

My biggest challenge with WW is to find the time to write everything down. I get so busy at work that I end up grabbing a cup of soup (our cafeteria has wonderful homemade soups) and eating it while I'm working or in a conference call.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:41 PM   #12  

Default Snoozin' in the chair, ...

I just dozed off sitting here typing.
I didn't ride my stationary bike this morning, but I went to the pool after work for 2 hours, so hopefully that will help.

Foods were good today. Could have maybe drank more water, but, I got in at least 60 ounces, so that's not too bad.

Work was the same old, same old.

I've started journaling my blood pressure and blood sugar now too. I want to see how much the BP drops from this swimming. It has already started to go down.

Bluet, Bonnie, I have a sister named Bonnie. Her name is Bonnie Lou and she's 7 years older than me.

Yes, I'm jealous that Sheila gets to go meet Puss in person. I think that when I retire I'm going to start traveling and go meet all my internet buddies.
Yeah, right! I talk smart now, but I'm not a world traveler. I'd be like Ma Kettle going to town! I get lost so easily. I don't like big cities either. Too noisy and too busy.

Oooh, that must have been a hard one to do, ... make a dessert and not have any of it, then take it home for the night! It sounds so good too. I would have been laying there hearing it calling my name all night!
How did your cholesterol come out?

Sheila, I laughed so hard about your Dad getting up, thinking it was later than it was.
When I was younger and living in Rantoul, Ill. I worked at a drug store/ buss depot. My landlady was also a good friend, and we lived downstairs from them. She babysat for me while I worked. I came home one afternoon and layed down to take a nap with my little guy who was less than a year old at the time.
I woke up and the clock said it was almost 8 o'clock, and I realized I had slept late, so I rushed around getting my uniform on and getting my make up and hair done, and grabbed the baby and ran upstairs to leave him with the babysitter and explained as I ran out the door that I'd call later as I was going to be late for work. Then her husband came out on the steps and called to me. I stopped running and listened to him, and he asked me just where I was going. I said, "To work! I'm going to be late!" He said, "Just think for a minute. Would I be home if it was time for you to go to work?" Then realization began to set in. It was 8 o'clock in the evening, not in the morning! The sky was the same color almost as it is in the early morning, and I was all confused!
Then I laughed so hard because I began to recall the stunned looks on their faces as I ran in with my kid and ran out, jabbering all the while! I bet the baby thought I was nuts too.
Well, at least your Dad could get some more sleep in. He's too cute!

Hello to everyone else out there.
What's everyone doing? I gotta get things ready for tomorrow.

I'm just too tired to write much tonight. Have a good evening!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:05 PM   #13  

Default Hi Loodie!

Loodie, you posted while I was posting.

Wonderful that your kids have come to love each other.

I bet you would benefit greatly from a swimming pool and/or a hot tub. It is sooo relaxing, and so soothing to the joints and muscles. Especially to get in that hot tub after exercising in the pool, and let those jets of water massage your muscles and joints. Takes the soreness and aches away. Also makes you so relaxed that you want to sleep afterwards.

I slept pretty well last night with my new head gear, so I'm hoping it will be even better tonight. It takes a bit to get used to the "pillows" as they call them, in your nostrils, but it is sooo much nicer than having a mask on.

I'm 59, a widow, have 6 sons, 12 grandkids and 5 daughters-in-law. I live in southeastern Minnesota, and I work full time. I guess I already told you that I have about 100 pounds to lose too.

I wish I were at the stage of the game that Sheila is. Wow. 60 pounds gone already. Wonderful.

Sounds like you have a really busy job. Makes it a bit more difficult to follow a plan, doesn't it? I don't like having to come up with things for my lunch every day. I try to take stuff that doesn't have to be real warm to eat because I don't like waiting around for a chance to use a microwave, when there are 30 people all trying to get to them first. And I have to take my lunch break at a specified time.

I wish I were gifted and could do crafts. I probably could if I had the time to spend doing it. It would be a nice hobby maybe when I retire. Maybe sell some for added income.

Once again, welcome. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

Last edited by willow_1; 11-10-2003 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:54 AM   #14  

LOODIE...so glad you joined us! My real name is Charlotte. I'm 54. I've been married to a wonderful man,(not a preacher...but a teacher) for 35yrs. We have 4 children & eleven grands. Have 3 son-in-laws (one in army, in Iraq), & a daughter-in-law. A great family! I'm the member with something in common....RA. I already had severe Osteoarthritis in back, legs, arms, etc....from car wreck in '83. For 2 yrs now, been dealing with severe RA. What meds are you on? I started out with Alzuphiside (spelling) , then went to Methotrexate (chemo). Now I take the Methotrexate (which I take at home once a week) & Remicade treatments every 6 weeks. I'm due another one next Monday. It helps more than anything, but, very expensive. Almost $3,000.00 per treatment. Glad I have Ins. The pain & stiffness is very hard to deal with, but, the fatigue is the worse. I finally reached my weight goal & kept losing a little more. Stopped at 45 lbs, so far. The more you lose with RA, the better you'll feel. Also, helped my back. I found stress also makes it worse. I had a housefire a yr ago, & still dealing with that.....so had a lot of stress. Hope to hear more from you.

Sheila...I was thinking about my girls with Willows boys, also! Oh....& Dairy Queen.....well, they sponsor our birthday/anniversary club at the TV station program, "Tennessee Valley Now"....that I co-host with the Manager, Connie. They give a cake each month to the person whose name we select. Of course, we have to patronize their business! When I boosted their business on the air...I'd tell about the delicious food & deserts....then when I went on diet (partly because I had ate too much from DQ) I told about their delicious salads.
Just had nails trimmed & acrylic put on this time. Gotta get used to this....oh, the massage of the hands was heavenly! I can get used to that!

Jacquie....I've bought one gift so far, for Christmas. I dread it...& can't really get in the spirit. I love what it represents....just not feeling jolly.

Willow...we have twins in common! That's great. Yes, it's amazing how they can be so much alike, yet, so different. Mine were identical. I still have to look twice, & they can fool me anytime, on the phone. One was always a couple of days ahead of the other...but, not much. Ohhhh, some of the stories I could tell!!
I've been feeling fair, I guess...not great. This mess with the house & Maytag Co is really getting to me. Our lawyer is acting more like THEIRS than ours! About ready to do something about that.

Bluet....good luck with your Cholestoral test. I have one done soon, also. They're hoping it's better than last time, since the weight loss. But, I had to go on blood pressure meds. I was on it for 6 yrs, then lost a lot of weight, & it brought my bp down. This time, though, it stayed up...so, back on it, I went.

Hey Fatpuss...keep losing that weight! How's your kitty?

I bought myself a digital camera. Trying to get up the nerve to show you all few pics of myself & "house".

Have a good day.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:41 AM   #15  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Wow!!! I miss a few days and can't believe the posts!!! A new someone as well, I see.

"WELCOME LOODIE!!!" I am the baby here they have welcomed in ~ I am 46 3/4 and have been married for 28 years to a good (& handsome, if I do say so myself ) man, Joe. We don't have children (cannot have them), but do have 3 beautiful cats I adore & so enjoy (Domno, Guido & Zeppe) and a beta fish (Ulyses S. Grant) that keeps me company when I am on the cp.

Great to meet you LOODIE

I had a very busy weekend with Joe and his family (fun but so tiring ) and I have spent the last day now reviewing my diet and re-reading the South Beach Book. I have gone off-track and have been feeling like my energy has left me. So Yesterday & this morning I have taken the time to prepare my day of meals. I did not go to Curves yesterday and won't be going today... but I WILL be going Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to make up for it. It is too hard for me to work-out when I begin (just cannot do both on the first day). So I ask for your support that I will be able to do all I have intended to do. You all have inspired me with all that swimming and alike - whew!!!! I am so impressed!!!!

I am beginning again today on my South Beach diet...

Breakfast:
A glass of water
Cup of coffee - !/2 decaf & 1/2 reg with non dairy creamer & Splenda
2- Vegetable Quiche Cups (made in muffin tin... 3/4 cup Egg Sub.-Spinach-Red pepper-Onion-bit of Ham-Lite Cheese & Seasoning) Baked at 350* for 20 min.

Snack:
2-Deviled eggs & Water & Herb Tea

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken Breast sliced on a bed of Romaine with Balsamic Dressing
Water

Snack:
Celery stuffed with Lite Cream Cheese, Water & Herb Tea (the tea seems to keep my tummy quiet)

Dinner:
Grilled Salmone with Rosemary
Steamed Veggies
Tossed Salad (Greeans, Seedless cuke, Red Pepper)
Water

Dessert:
Maple Flavored Ricotta Dessert (I usually mix the whole 15oz container of Part Skim Ricotta -makes 4 dessert cups- w/ 2 packets of Spenda, 1 tsp of Maple flavoring - that's it... yummy!) Serving size 1/2 Cup.

Herb Tea before bed

I am so sorry I cannot catch up with individual posts, but wanted to chime in before you all forgot me

Take Care ANGEL, PUSS (How's kitty doing?!), BLUET, WILLOW, SHIELA & JACQUIE!!!
(((Hugs))) from Me... Sunny D

Last edited by SunnyD57; 11-11-2003 at 07:43 PM.
Closed Thread