Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/16/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Good morning Lisa! Up at it bright and early I see!
Have an excellent Ideal day!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Good morning!

Enjoying the leftover Thanksgiving turkey as my protein this week! Yum!

Have a great day!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Great new dress, Lisa!! You look smoking hot!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Lisa- You look great in the new pic.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #6  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning all! Newbie question here~Do you concentrate on lbs lost per week, measurements, or bmi?
I have only been on this to have one wi, I did not lose many in lbs, but I did lose crazy inches, and from coach's calculations 2 of the 3 lbs were actual fat and not just water. Of course I want the weight to go down, but for me I am more concerned with my bmi and being at a healthy number. Second is the inches, I love to lose some inches!, and third the scale. I figure it will come.
Any opinions on this?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone! So I tried the new ideal protein Garlic and Fine herb chips yesterday- they were good but very strongly flavored. I hope they come out with more in subtler flavors, like maybe just a salted one. The texture was great and the bag was larger (my favorite IP snack is soynuts but the bag is so little!) so it was nice to have the larger bag. I am totally in the middle of the IP not hungries however, I have no urge to eat, even my mandated IP foods. It is hard to choke everything down. It is cold and gray here in Connecticut so I am bundled up again but I hope everyone has a sunshiny day!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportchick11 View Post
Good Morning all! Newbie question here~Do you concentrate on lbs lost per week, measurements, or bmi?
I have only been on this to have one wi, I did not lose many in lbs, but I did lose crazy inches, and from coach's calculations 2 of the 3 lbs were actual fat and not just water. Of course I want the weight to go down, but for me I am more concerned with my bmi and being at a healthy number. Second is the inches, I love to lose some inches!, and third the scale. I figure it will come.
Any opinions on this?
Good for you...and welcome!

Many do let the scale run the show here, esp. early on as there are some who lose big out of the starting gate. Most of us fight for every pound though...so don't compare yourself to dramatic loss postings or think if you are being compliant and it is slow going...you are doing something wrong! Most of us experience fits and starts in this battle. Losing inches and getting your BMI down are incredibly important goals...and the weight will follow and start coming off if you stick very carefully to the plan. Measure veggies, weigh your protein at dinner, take the vitamins, use the oil and salt as directed, and try to relax and not stress over how much or how fast.
Look at the big picture and in 6 months ...you will see progress. The duration of this journey will depend on your age, metabolism, amount to lose and degree of compliance and patience. Many of us have been here for plus or just short of a year...others a pass through quickly. What ever you need at any rate, you'll find someone here you can relate to!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/152.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Both my mom and mother in law are in town this week. Last night I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, and sautéed veggies. They all raved about it but I didn't have one lick or taste and I was 100% fine with that. My dinner was Big Mac in a bowl, which by the way does not taste quite the same without the pickles ;/

Quote:
Any opinions on this?
I admit I focus on the scale first and then inches. I also lost a lot of inches in the first week and loved that but I've also had some stead lb losses too. In my opinion, I think we should focus on whatever keeps us motivated. Just remember that the inches really help you move down in sizes and that is a HUGE motivator for me.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #10  
Just doin' it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Good for you...and welcome!

Many do let the scale run the show here, esp. early on as there are some who lose big out of the starting gate. Most of us fight for every pound though...so don't compare yourself to dramatic loss postings or think if you are being compliant and it is slow going...you are doing something wrong! Most of us experience fits and starts in this battle. Losing inches and getting your BMI down are incredibly important goals...and the weight will follow and start coming off if you stick very carefully to the plan. Measure veggies, weigh your protein at dinner, take the vitamins, use the oil and salt as directed, and try to relax and not stress over how much or how fast.
Look at the big picture and in 6 months ...you will see progress. The duration of this journey will depend on your age, metabolism, amount to lose and degree of compliance and patience. Many of us have been here for plus or just short of a year...others a pass through quickly. What ever you need at any rate, you'll find someone here you can relate to!
Thank you so much! I've read quite a few of your posts, you are very inspiring!!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #11  
Just doin' it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docsaver View Post
I admit I focus on the scale first and then inches. I also lost a lot of inches in the first week and loved that but I've also had some stead lb losses too. In my opinion, I think we should focus on whatever keeps us motivated. Just remember that the inches really help you move down in sizes and that is a HUGE motivator for me.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Thanks Doc! I do think we should focus on whatever it is that keeps 'us' motivated, I need to remember that!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Hope everyone has a great day OP!! I'm still trucking along, one day at a time
Old 10-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #13  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday I couldn't have a second to come see this forum, so I thought to myself that today, I'll come say hi to everyone wishing you an amazing 100% OP day.

I had a goal in my mind to be at 244 for this coming Saturday weigh-in and it looks like I might make it

I am much in a zone now, I believe I am fully back, my first week was so good, the second one, I have no excuse as of why, I cheated big time, and I had to restart again on my third week, but now I finally feel good, not giving in to any temptation! I am really feeling good and I promise myself to never ever stop again, no breaks! It does nothing positive to me! So, I'll continue and continue!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #14  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Morning everyone. Finally seeing the scale start to creep down again. Pretty sure I was swollen and retaining fluid from the warrior dash. The weather is a bit cooler again so the puppies are chasing squirrels in the yard and I'm relaxing. Planning in enjoying my off days!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #15  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Any opinions on this?
My ultimate goal was a healthy BMI/weight. I was just happy to have any downward movement at a weigh in whether pounds or inches. I was lucky I was pretty linear compared to some. But we see a little of everything around here so just trust the program and it will come off eventually. And of course WELCOME!
Closed Thread