South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD for Wednesday, October 16

Good Wednesday morning. Hump Day sort of sneaked up on me because of our Monday Holiday. I hate it when I lose a day!

We have rain in the forecast today which means I don’t need to feel too guilty about not getting at fall clean-up jobs. I’ve already booked some guys for leaf-raking and eaves-trough cleaning which will assuage my guilt a bit. With the current state of my back, there is no way I can do any of that stuff this year.

Took a Victoria’s Quilt and a batch of turkey soup to Melinda’s place yesterday. I feel so badly for her. She has had the whole upper lobe of her right lung removed and is all rigged up with tubes and drains. So sad to hear her brag that she’s now gone 21 days without a cigarette. Not sure what her survival chances are.

Doing this in Word since I have already “lost” two posts this morning. Somehow I also managed to remove Excel from my Start-up menu so need to get that back darn fast. I see a check-point restart in my future but will post this first.

Raising my coffee mug in a toast to a humpless day!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've been up way too long already. I hate that pesky insomnia I get when I have too much to do and really need the sleep. I think there will be lots of coffee today (and all week at this rate).

Ruth - hope all your hump day bumps are done now!

I have a late day and am looking for something new and easy for the crockpot. I've got some last of the season tomatoes and would love a soup recipe, preferably without the nasty flour part. Anyone have a recipe they like? I might just make something up with pureed white beans and lots of basil. The basil is a goner this weekend so might as well use it up too.

Back to recipe searching. Hope Hump Day is kind to everyone this week
Old 10-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh my gosh, Cyndi - homemade tomato soup!!!!

I'm all in a tizzy with things in my life right now - I think I need to get out a exercise which I have barely done. Of course, then I have parent teacher conferences after work, so when will that happen?!?!

Have a great day y'all!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, I usually thicken my soups with pureed beans. Last tomato soup I made was thickened with refried beans and some taco seasoning!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Stopping in quickly before heading downstairs for Conference, it is rainy in Austin but we have been having a wonderful time on this trip. The conference is almost like a reunion as it is normally same people that come to.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone. It's a wet, soggy morning here. Our old-man dog is apparently allergic to rain and has been "holding it" since 9:00 last night. I may just have to force his 85 lb. butt out the back door and apologize for it later.

Ruth: How sad for Melinda, and especially her family. I hope any smokers near and dear to her are heeding the warning of her situation. Hubs was supposed to clean our gutters last week, but didn't, and now it's been pouring for 24 hours. Oh well.

Cyndi: I do tomatoes and black beans on the stovetop, but with cilantro, cumin, and oregano. I don't thicken it as DH likes broth-y soups, but I bet it would still work to puree the beans!

Tammy: I hope your week slows down enough to get some good exercise in! I know my days feel much less hectic when I get a good sweat in!

Pearl: I'm glad you, DH, and DD are having a fun time. I used to love our annual software conferences for the same reason; it was a "family" reunion of sorts and lits of fun!

Sophie: DD is doing a lot better today, thanks for asking!

Today is laundry and packing day. We leave Friday for Austin and DH wants to load the car tomorrow after work. I had hoped to get more done yesterday, but we had a bit of a traumatic experience at the doctor's office and DD just wanted Mommy and cuddles afterwards, so we took a long afternoon nap together.

Weight loss has stalled since my great week last week, but I have been slacking on my water consumption, so I'll be working on that today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

quick pop in - yummy to the soups! was on the phone all morning and then the cat decided she hated my upright bottle of diet pepsi and knocked it over all onto everything.

I hope the crap is out of the way so I can enjoy my bday tomorrow. be well all!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good afternoon I was here earlier lurking around. Webt to the doctor. My illness is not related to the flu shot. I managed to come down with a sinus/ear infection with a side of bronchitis. Doc says stay put until Monday. Me, on the other hand, thinks differently. Promised to stay put until Saturday as we have open house at SUNY Delhi. I think the meds should be working by then.

Oh well another exciting day on the couch lol
Closed Thread