Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/15/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #2  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Lisa & IP'ers ~

Can I just say, I'm reminded daily how lucky I am to have found IP & this forum. It's so wonderful to finally be able to step back from food, understand the good & the bad and find a new relationship so that I don't ever go back!

Feeling grateful today ~ thanks for all of the support and have a nice day!

Last edited by KareVT; 10-15-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning! KareVT, your post made me smile and think the same thing, I am grateful! I just had my first post-surgery weigh in! -3.2 lbs and down 21 total. I wish the 21 lbs was more noticeable- I am still wearing the same sized clothes! I will admit that the 16's were very tight when I started and now they are starting to get loose, but when you are in those higher numbered clothes it definitely takes a lot to move down a size! Has anyone tried the new IP chips? I got them at my appt today and plan on eating them with lunch. I am excited to try them! I hope everyone has an awesome day!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #4  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

I'm finally in ONEDERLAND!! After 10+ years!! This morning has been fantastic thus far with that kinda news! Woke my mom up and everything!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

NSV yesterday evening...went by the neighbors to get some baking powder so I could try the mug cake and they had just finished IP. They had tons of leftover packets they weren't using anymore and passed them along to me! It's like Christmas.

We were talking about P1 and she said the funniest thing to me "it's sad when you feel like you 'cheated' because you ate an extra serving of tomatoes!". So true. This program really does change your outlook on a 'cheat' and I LOVE that.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caressme View Post
I'm finally in ONEDERLAND!! After 10+ years!! This morning has been fantastic thus far with that kinda news! Woke my mom up and everything!
That is awesome - congrats

Good Tuesday morning all!

Back to work after a long weekend, yuck! My son only has 3 days of school this week - he's off Friday too, lucky kid.

WI day today and WI for the biggest loser challenge at work too since we were off yesterday. Interesting to see the WI's with it being just after Thanksgiving.

Tried on a long blouse/dress that I bought knowing it was too small and it just about fits - maybe next week! I'm so excited - can't wait to wear it.

Have a great IP day everyone!
Jo
Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #7  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
That is awesome - congrats

Good Tuesday morning all!

Back to work after a long weekend, yuck! My son only has 3 days of school this week - he's off Friday too, lucky kid.

WI day today and WI for the biggest loser challenge at work too since we were off yesterday. Interesting to see the WI's with it being just after Thanksgiving.

Tried on a long blouse/dress that I bought knowing it was too small and it just about fits - maybe next week! I'm so excited - can't wait to wear it.

Have a great IP day everyone!
Jo
Thanks!! I too bought a couple goal oriented clothes at the thrift store last night - everything was 50% off so i said what the hey! why not!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #8  

I read on FB today that a coach told a client they can have a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I NEVER heard that anywhere else. Does anybody know if this is even true?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #9  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

KareVT and lilkel, I echo your thoughts. This site and support have been invaluable to me.

Lilkel, congrats on your losses so far. I was a little frustrated in the beginning as well when my sizes didn't drop to reflect the weight I was losing. I think it was somewhere around the 30lb range when I finally began dropping in sizes. It soon began happening at a much faster rate. I think it is common for most of us. The funniest thing is when someone asks if you are wearing your hair differently....."no. I just lost 30lbs!". Lol.

Caressme, congratulations on onderland! I know that must be such an incredible feeling! WTG! I wished we had a better Goodwill here. Ours is very picked over and I could not ever find much. Now that I am at goal it is fun to shop for permanent clothes. Although, like others have commented, I am trying to find my"style" after always choosing clothes based on covering my fat rolls, arms, etc....

Ems, way to score on the IP products! I soooo agree on the "cheating" comment. Gave me a good chuckle.

Purplemomster, good luck on your WI and I just know that blouse will fit perfectly soon, and then be too big soon as well!

I am off on my daily travels across our fine state. Raining and windy, so not liking that. I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #10  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

I highly encourage everyone to replace the word "cheat" with "deviate". I find we beat ourselves up enough as it is and we don't need that negative energy in our life when we're trying to do something so good for ourselves. We need to stop beating ourselves up because we had a momentary "deviation" from IP.

We all stumble sometimes, so when you "deviate" just pick yourself up off the floor, dust yourself off and keep moving forward. Believe in yourself and believe in the plan.

I'm working on my positive energy today. The more you put out, the more you get back.

Last edited by nalaroo; 10-15-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #11  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Welcome to Onderland! That is so awesome! Congrats!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #12  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
... I just had my first post-surgery weigh in! -3.2 lbs and down 21 total. I wish the 21 lbs was more noticeable- I am still wearing the same sized clothes! I will admit that the 16's were very tight when I started and now they are starting to get loose, but when you are in those higher numbered clothes it definitely takes a lot to move down a size! Has anyone tried the new IP chips? I got them at my appt today and plan on eating them with lunch. I am excited to try them! I hope everyone has an awesome day!
It took me a while too, I started in 16s and then spent forever in 14s, then 12 kind of whizzed right by now I am in a 10. Congrats on the 21lbs!

Quote:
Wooo hooo caressme!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Caressme, congratulations on onderland! I know that must be such an incredible feeling! WTG! I wished we had a better Goodwill here. Ours is very picked over and I could not ever find much. Now that I am at goal it is fun to shop for permanent clothes. Although, like others have commented, I am trying to find my"style" after always choosing clothes based on covering my fat rolls, arms, etc....
Our thrift stores in Minot stink too, I can't find anything and work right next door to one. Thank goodness we have a Kohl's and Gordman's now I can shop the good sales.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Can someone please settle a discussion that my IP Losing pal and I are having. Veggie Cheese (brand name of lactose free soy based cheese) is it IP compatible?
Old 10-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning IPers! Off to the doctor this morning for my first weigh in. I am hoping for some good results. I've been 100% this first week (which I will continue). Ate my 3 IP packets each day, got my salt, supper protein and oil too. I am really trying to obsess less with the food, but it is hard. Definitely a mental challenge for me. I'm not hungry, physically, just mentally. I don't even know if it is mental hunger per se. I just think about food (what's next) all the time. I am hoping to break this habit while OP. Wish me luck today. I will check in later with some amazing (I hope) results!
Have a wonderful OP day!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #15  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. My madness continues. I cancelled my 1st appointment ever for my Tuesday WI yesterday due to it. I know I need to find balance but between work, studying and crazy work stuff invading my sleep and crazy other attorneys (pushing for in-person meetings with a 45-minute commute each way when it could just be handled telephonically) - I am at my wits end. I honestly have not been this stressed in a very long time. I will be very happy to be done with this examination so that I don't feel constantly on the verge of tears or a breakdown. That being said, I am still OP, although having a little more lean protein (2-3 oz) due to the amount of brain functioning that I have needed. I feel good and my scale says there is still downward movement so its all okay. That will be my mantra for the next week - "It's all okay."

Anyhow, happy to see all the lovely posts this morning! Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Can I just say, I'm reminded daily how lucky I am to have found IP & this forum. It's so wonderful to finally be able to step back from food, understand the good & the bad and find a new relationship so that I don't ever go back!
What a great sentiment to read early in the threads - thank you for sharing and for the reminder to be grateful for all of each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
I just had my first post-surgery weigh in! -3.2 lbs and down 21 total. I wish the 21 lbs was more noticeable- I am still wearing the same sized clothes! I will admit that the 16's were very tight when I started and now they are starting to get loose, but when you are in those higher numbered clothes it definitely takes a lot to move down a size! Has anyone tried the new IP chips? I got them at my appt today and plan on eating them with lunch. I am excited to try them! I hope everyone has an awesome day!
Congrats on the loss and let us know about the chips!!

Quote:
I'm finally in ONEDERLAND!!
Congrats!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
NSV yesterday evening...went by the neighbors to get some baking powder so I could try the mug cake and they had just finished IP. They had tons of leftover packets they weren't using anymore and passed them along to me! It's like Christmas.
OMG, that would be just like a really nice Xmas gift!! LOL. Dang packets. I get so worried about wasting them because they cost so dang much. Score for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I am off on my daily travels across our fine state. Raining and windy, so not liking that. I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Safe travels!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Tried on a long blouse/dress that I bought knowing it was too small and it just about fits - maybe next week! I'm so excited - can't wait to wear it
Good luck at your WIs and I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the blouse!!
Closed Thread