Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 08:51 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay At Home Mom's #100

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, encouragement and support as we try to maintain a household, raise a family and lose weight. Feel free to join us. Newcomers are welcome in addition to our regular posters. Hope to see you posting often! We are glad you are here! Have a great OP day!!

Ginny
Old 11-10-2003, 09:09 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Gosh this is scary.......I was just cleaning out some old papers from my tech writer days (I held on to them in case I desired to go back) and found an old thread that I printed out while off site- from April 2002. We were back at # 37 then- Michele, Jen and Jackie were there (at least on that one). And now we are at #100. And I am still fat.......well, but getting thinner!

Spryng- what a wonderful DIL you are- doing all this research for your FIL. Karen had great advice, and yes all you need is 15 minutes of walking (does not have to be fast walking either) to gain a benefit. One other thing I heard (not rumor, but actual medical study) is that taking vitamins C and E both help keep the body from absorping cholesterol. The study had 2 groups of people eat a Big Mac/fries meal and then they monitored cholesterol levels in the blood. The group who also took vitamins(again, C and E) showed much lower levels of cholesterol. I am a big advocate of oatmeal....... my cholesterol was 220 , 2 1/2 years ago....then it came down to 180 and on last check 6 months ago was around 150. No drugs......just WW and oatmeal and a lot of walking. I will keep you and your family in prayer.
You feeling any better??? How is little Tanner doing?

Jen- enjoy the day off and Brother Bear!!!! Let us know how it is (I am sure that Dd wants to see it!) Hope you can get some rest in too.

Karen- I can't wait to see the picture of your hair! Sounds pretty and I am sure that it looks great on the thinner you! Hang in there with TOM. Can they put you on a cancellation list for the ultrasound, perhaps? A month wait must seem like forever for you. I will pray for you too!

Michele- I am anxious to hear the result of your Dr visit!!! Maybe some good news. It always amazed me how you can dilate and efface and not feel a thing. Well, until labor hits. I would love to hear that you are getting lots of rest, but am glad that you are able to keep up with what you are. It does probably keep you from thinking too much about the pregnancy- and also does not interfere with your girls normal schedule. Just try not to overdo it!!

Well, today ended up ok. I am tired, but finished up OP. I did get 15 minutes of leaf raking in too~ guess that earned me an AP too. Dh is still leaving this college thing up to me.......grrrrrrrrr....guess tomorrow I will have to sit down with Dd and have a chat.

Well, I have babbled enough for one day. G'nite. See you tomorrow.
Ginny
Old 11-10-2003, 09:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!!!
Wow! #100! This is a special thread to me. I've been part of this group since number 12 or so. I can't believe it is still going strong. And I can't believe I'm STILL battling my weight! lol. At least I am winning this time,
Ginny, I'll have to pass on that info about the vit c and e. That sounds like something they would be interested in. Plus every little thing will help. I'm still feeling like I'm coming down with the cold. My throat is a little sore and my eyes seem watery... but I'm continuing to take my vit c and zicam. The last time the kids got sick I did this and avoided getting sick.. so I'm hoping it works again. And yes Tanner seems to be feeling better too. He did take a 3 hour nap this afternoon, and he only does that when he is sick. but tonight he seemed like his old cheery self.
Well my casserole came out great this time. The first time I made it it was very watery but this time it was thick and creamy and very good. I even gave Tanner a taste and he was begging for more! lol. It was so cute. So I had to break out his baby food.
I still didn't get ANYTHING done today. Ugh. Hopefully I feel like myself tomorrow and get to cleaning.
Well, I'm off to bed. Hope everyone has a great evening!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:01 PM   #4  
Domestic Engineer

Good evening everyone
Boy am I tired tonight! I deep cleaned my room, am embarresed how bad it needed it and it did me in! Now I just want to light my pumpkin spice candle and read my book!

What casserole did you make, Spryng? I missed it if you posted it. I did sour cream chicken enchiladas tonight and last night tried a frittata for the first time. It had stove-top stuffing, eggs and sourcream (ff) and broccoli. Pretty good.

Spryng- I hope your FIL can do what he needs to to get healthy! Hopefully he'll pull through this and remember how crappy he felt while so sick and take better care of his body! Hope you are still fighting the cold too. I've had a killer sore throat the past couple days, but am taking my vitamin C and gargling with salt water. Hoping it doesn't turn into something more- I have no time to be sick!!

Jen- we are thinking about Brother Bear tomorrow too! Not sure if there are matinees though yet. Enjoy the holiday!

Karen-fun with the hair! I need to color soooo bad...I have baby hairs coming in (from losing so many post-partum) and so many are gray! So when I have my hair pulled back that's all you see. yuck. Hope you are feeling alright too.

Michele- I too am waiting on pins and needles to hear about your appt! Let us know!! Just think soon you will have that precious blue bundle in your arms...ahhhh.

Ginny- good job getting your walk in in such cold weather! that's dedication wtg on getting your cholesterol down over this past year! That's just awesome!!

Well, everyone I am headed off to bed. DH is home tomorrow and we're going to try to make it a fun family day. So if I don't get a chance to check in that's why...
Take care!
Old 11-11-2003, 08:41 AM   #5  

Good morning all!
Emily I made and Chicken and Cheese Casserole that Ginny posted a while back. It was really good. You dinners sounded wonderful too. I've never had a fritatta. Was it good? Yes, I am still fighting this cold. Still no runny nose or cough so I think I'm winning. I hope anyway. I hate being sick.
We saw brother bear the day it opened and it was woderful. very funny and some sad parts. But mostly funny... I laughed and laughed. The kids can't wait for it to be released on video so I can buy it.
It's nice to know I'm not the only woman who loses a bunch of hair after having a baby. My hair is STILL falling out. I should be bald by now... ugh. I have to vaccuum alot or hair gets everywhere. I hope it stops soon. How long did it take for your hair to go back to normal? Well have fun today!
Misty, can't wait to hear about your progress!
Hope everyone's day is starting off well! TTYL!
Old 11-11-2003, 09:58 AM   #6  
Domestic Engineer

Hey Spryng!
About my hair- I usually lose it in handful for 2-3 months- the worst about 5 months post-partum. Ian is 6.5 months now so it is slowing down. I hear you about the hair around the house! I have vaccummed and swiffered tons!! Luckily my hair is so thick (And especially when you don't lose any during pregnancy!_ so i could afford to lose some.)

I do remember you mentioning the cheese and chicken casserole now that you said it again. The frittata was good...tricky in a way, you make it on the stove-top and need the heat to cook the egg (on top), but not burn the stuffing on the bottom. I'll post the website where the recipe is:
http://www.eggs.ca/recipes/Show_reci...=490&NumPage=1
There are actually a lot of healthy egg recipes on this site!

Well, I need to get my kids fed...had a peak at the scale and it looked good, but my official day is going to be Wednesday so I'll let you all know tomorrow!
I'll be back later if I get a chance!
Old 11-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #7  
soontobethin

Good morning ladies.
I hope you all had a good weekend. I just went grocery shopping on Saturday and picked out a pair of pants for my brothers wedding on sunday. Its not cold here, but its cloudy and rainy. I think thats why I got my late start this morning. I am usually up at 6:45 and working out by 7:15, but I slept till 8 this morning.
I stayed op all weekend. I think thats the first weekend I have done that in a long time. DH hasn't been feeling great. His ankle has been hurting all weekend, and now he's had a headached the past two days. I hope he doesn't get sick.
Now that I have babbled enough, Spryng, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Karen, is sounds like your hair is gourgeous. I am getting mine cut this weekend. Ginny, I hope you get through this college thing with dd. Misty, hope baylan makes his appearence soon. Jelynn, candy and andone I missed, sorry. Hope you all are having a good day.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:58 AM   #8  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning!

Ginny - I wish Icould get on a cancelation list! But they cannot do the ultrasound while I am bleeding, so he wanted me to count the weekus until I have my next scheduled TOM.. and then go a week after that... so based on that I should have TOM on or around thankgiving week.. sigh... and this was the earliest appt after that!

Kids are off today but I still have a daisy meeting! So I need torun and get that set up.. but I wanted to check in and say HI!

Hope all are well!
Old 11-11-2003, 12:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Well not to much has changed. the Ob said I'm dilated almost to 2. I have an appt with the other Ob on Friday and she is sure I won't go into labor before then. They hooked me up on the monitor while I was there and I had a giant contraction. But they are not productive. So I'm just stuck with being miserable. I had to sleep sitting up on the sofa last night because I was having contractions every 30-20 min.
Besides all that I'm just peachy
Ginny, it just means we are committed so funny tho. It was forever ago we joined. I'm excited that this is #100!
Spryng, hope you feel better and can win the battle against the cold.
Karen I'm so sorry to hear you have to wait so long for your ultrasound. Hope your daisy meeting was great.
Emily I feel for you and the hair loss. I've never had the trouble. Ricci, great for you staying OP all weekend!! WTG!
Ok well I'm aggravated and exausted so I' gonna scoot. Check in on ya all later tonight!
Old 11-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

A chilly hello from New York!! (still feels cold to me today)

Karen- oh, I feel for you. I sure that this works out for you and that my the time of your sono, you are not still with TOM. Hope your Daisy meeting went well and that you enjoyed your day with the kids.

Michele- well, I guess it is a good sign that they want to see you so soon. 2cm?????? I went from that to full labor with Dd#1 in 3 days, and they told me she was going to be "in there" for 3 more weeks. Now sit down with Baylor and a nice cup of herbal tea and have a little chit chat about how very much his sisters would like to see what a handsome fella he is....... Ok, it probably won't work, but maybe I made you smile! Glad you are peachy!!!

Ricci- enjoy that hair cut!!!!! And congrats on staying OP all weekend, a tough feat for many of us. Try to remember what made this weekend better for you to stay OP- and write that down. You can use this weekend as a pattern for others, and a reminder that you did so well.

Emily- the frittatta recipe sounds interesting, I will have to check out that web site......but not today. I can't wait to hear about your WI. Let us know how you fared! If you like I can repost the WW chicken recipe. I really liked it- and hard to believe that it was only 6 points.

Spryng- my apologies. I skimmed that copy of thread # 37, and you were there too. (sorry,me bad monster). Shelia was the only other one there (remember her?) and it was back in the time when we were guessing what each other looked like. Jen had left her picture(complete with one of her dogs!) and so had Shelia.
Hope that you and Tanner are feeling better. Oh, one more thing for cholesterol....some say that garlic helps, I am not sure about that for cholesterol, but it is a mild antibiotic (not that FIL needs that). Take it easy- housework is very patient, and always waits for you. Maybe you just need to spend a day focusing on fighting this cold.

Not much new here- Dh might be coming home early, he does not feel too well. Ds came home from basketball practice totally pooped! (good as he tends to be lazy). I really needed this day off......
No walk yet, but my sneakers are on and I am out the door in 15 minutes. Hope your day is going well......see ya later.
Ginny
Old 11-11-2003, 01:08 PM   #11  
Domestic Engineer

I would love the recipe if you get a chance Ginny!

Michele- I was a 1-2 at my appt before I had Ian and had him the next day!! Good luck.
Karen- have fun at your Daisy meeting!
Ricci- enjoy your haircut and wedding!

K- off to do some painting. ttyl!
Old 11-11-2003, 01:47 PM   #12  

I'm just sorda wondering, the OB today said that my cervix is at the back of his head instead of the top. She said it has to move around to the top for my contractions to become productive and I'm guessing for me to keep dilating. How does this happen? Geesh I should have asked more questions. Any of you gals have this happen? Emily were you at 40 weeks then when you delivered?
Ginny I remember Shelia! I was just thinking about her the other day and wondering if she was still a 3fc member.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:49 PM   #13  

Hi!
Ginny I was looking at old posts too today. I thought I joined alot earlier... but not until thread 22. I looked you up and the earliest thread I could find was 18. Was it called something else before then? maybe it was abbreviated? I think it would be neat to read the very first thread. So I'm searching for it.
Misty, sorry you aren't progressing as fast as you would like. You could always try the blue cohosh... it wouldn't hurt anyway. But get the tincture if you do. The pills don't really help at all. And drink it with juice or something because it tastes horrible by itself. But you do what you feel is right for you and your little boy.
Well... can't get more personal now. Just snuck on for a minute! TTYL!
Old 11-11-2003, 02:02 PM   #14  

I've not heard of this Misty. You could always call your OB and ask more questions.. or ask the nurse there. I'm sure it's normal and the baby will rotate or something to be in the right position. But if you are having contractions but they just aren't efficient enough... I'm promising you blue cohosh will help. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm pressuring you. But that is how I had ds #1. My contractions weren't regular and I wouldn't dilate past 1... I went to the hospital to be checked and they wanted to send me home but I kept taking my blue cohosh and after being there for an hour they checked me one last time... and they said I'll be going home after that last exam, and guess what?! I was a 5!! So I stayed and had him a few hours later. So believe it is what worked for me. I just know you feel so ready to give birth and I wish I could help you out. But please only do what you are comfortable with ok? Don't let me pressure you. I'm just giving suggestions.
ok... off here again.
Ginny I really can't find any SAHM threads before #18.... do you know who originally started this thread? Did it have another name? Maybe the site did away with everything before that. And it'sno longer in their database. Hmm... that may be it. TTYL!
Old 11-11-2003, 02:22 PM   #15  

I'm going to look up the blue cohosh. Where do you get it? Thanks so much Spryng, I don't feel pressured. I'm begining to get desperate its just awful having these contractions and knowing its not doing a thing.
Closed Thread