Old 10-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #1  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Two-teens Into One-derland, a Land of Wonder!

Thought I'd start a new thread since we're over the 500 mark. Let's do this!

(I quoted the last post so we could continue from there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrus29 View Post
Llilith, HelloNurse, AwShucks - good job ladies let's keep it sliding! I'm down to my ticker weight @ 206 - funny how it's taking forever to lose 6 lbs, something that was so easy when I first started out
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #2  
Started IP 10/21/15

nitrus, it takes me forever to lose 2lb, haha.

218 this morning.

I think I'm catching the crud that's circulating through the office, or I'm just running myself down. Hopefully I'll be able to bounce back this weekend and feel like my old self .
Old 10-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #3  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

Ooh thanks for the new thread PreciousMissy - I like the new title.. ONEderland definitely seems a land of Wonder - wonder when I'll get there.. lol

and hope you feel better!!!

Last edited by nitrus29; 10-10-2013 at 02:52 PM.
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #4  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Nitrus29 thanks for the kudos. We're the same height and weight!

I'm not really sure why the scale is moving for me right now. I just know I'll take it! Weight loss is a "wondrous" process, isn't it? The scale moved for me in May -- every day for almost 2 weeks... just a bit lower each day. So exciting! Then, I got stuck. And, out of the blue it starts moving again. I really don't get it.

Just to encourage anybody else out there who's stuck. Keep on keeping on. Someday, if you're true to your eating & exercise plan, the scale will move, and you will be SO happy - especially after seeing the same number day after day for so many months!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #5  
Started IP 10/21/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwShucks View Post
Someday, if you're true to your eating & exercise plan, the scale will move, and you will be SO happy - especially after seeing the same number day after day for so many months!
Truer words have never been spoken! As long as I was stuck at 220, I know!

Speaking of 220...

220 today, lol. I know exactly why...I couldn't keep the fork out of my mouth yesterday. That's all there is to it. I don't know if it's water retention, or if I actually gained a pound, but I really over ate yesterday. Oh well, today is a new day, yesterday is in the past, and I'm not going to dwell on it.

Have a glorious day everyone!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #6  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

HelloNurse - that's great about your coworker's surprise! It's fun to see people's reactions. 211! You are kicking butt.

AwShucks - your loss is inspiring - wow!! I really appreciate the encouragement too, about when you get stuck. My loss is slowing down, so I'm gonna remember your words.

PreciousMissy - I hope you get a chance to rest and feel better. 218 - that's awesome! I bet you'll see it again in a day or two. I stopped weighing myself everyday and it really helped my frame of mind about the fluctuations. Not dwelling on it, like you said, is good!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but I have been enjoying getting dressed up a bit to go out. I'm finding clothes that I forgot I had in the bottom of drawers - you know, the ones that I really liked and couldn't get rid of when they got too small? I even bought a pair of black leather boots - the tall kind. It is so wonderful to feel sexy again!!

Here's to a fun weekend for everyone! Happy Friday. :-)
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #7  

[QUOTE=Llilith]<snip>I have been enjoying getting dressed up a bit to go out. I'm finding clothes that I forgot I had in the bottom of drawers - you know, the ones that I really liked and couldn't get rid of when they got too small? I even bought a pair of black leather boots - the tall kind. It is so wonderful to feel sexy again!![QUOTE]
/
I'm so glad for you! Getting sexy isn't the only, or even the best reason for weight loss. But anyone who says sex appeal isn't one of their big reasons to lose weight is a big ol' liar!

Last edited by HelloNurse; 10-11-2013 at 12:40 PM.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #8  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwShucks View Post
Nitrus29 thanks for the kudos. We're the same height and weight!

Just to encourage anybody else out there who's stuck. Keep on keeping on. Someday, if you're true to your eating & exercise plan, the scale will move, and you will be SO happy - especially after seeing the same number day after day for so many months!
Totally with you on this one!! I guess after cincorn's departure we are the new weight loss twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llilith View Post
I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but I have been enjoying getting dressed up a bit to go out. I'm finding clothes that I forgot I had in the bottom of drawers - you know, the ones that I really liked and couldn't get rid of when they got too small? I even bought a pair of black leather boots - the tall kind. It is so wonderful to feel sexy again!!
^ this!!! It is seriously amazing to find clothes in your closet that you knew were too tight now hanging loose!! I have pictures of myself in clothes where my fat is bulging from everywhere and now when I wear the same shirt, it's as if it was never made for my body! Feels good for sure and it beats not seeing the scale move south.. losing weight isn't all about losing numbers, is it?

Happy Friday everyone! Let's stay On Plan and as AwShucks said 'keep on keeping on' !!
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

hoping to join you soon, saw 219 on the scale this morning but I won't trust it until it hangs around a day or two!
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #10  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

I'm brand new to the thread, and wanted to say hello and introduce myself, although I do see some familiar names here /waves @ HelloNurse, Llilith, PreciousMissy

I have spent several days under 220 lbs, so I decided to finally make the jump here. My official weigh-in days are Mondays, so fingers crossed my current weight of 218 lbs. holds.

I have been dieting for about 6 months, and calorie count. This is super pathetic, but I haven't really tried to start working out yet!! I'd really like to get motivated to do some simple exercise during my time here in this thread. I think I am being lazy, but also, and this probably makes no sense, but in my mind I am still morbidly obese and incapable of physical exertion

Good luck everyone!
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I had a couple of unhealthy days earlier this week and bloated up like crazy. So I was back up to 226 but was back down to 218.8/219 today. If I have a day where I have super processed food, I bloat up! A lot! I've gained 10 lbs overnight before.

Anyway. I did have pizza for dinner tonight (which I totally earned with my long run ) but I've been drinking a lot of water so I'm hoping to see a loss on the scale tomrorow. We'll see. If not tomorrow, probably Monday.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #12  
I think I'm losing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNurse View Post
I'm so glad for you! Getting sexy isn't the only, or even the best reason for weight loss. But anyone who says sex appeal isn't one of their big reasons to lose weight is a big ol' liar!
No lie, here. I'm not getting my sexy back, I'm just plain getting sexy! I've been overweight since second grade, so I've never received much male attention. I'm still on the shy side, but I'm out there looking for it. It's fun to daydream and dress up to try to impress. I'm hoping one-derland brings new-found confidence. I have a trip planned in March and I intend to rock it!
Old 10-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #13  
I think I'm losing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWicky View Post
I have been dieting for about 6 months, and calorie count. This is super pathetic, but I haven't really tried to start working out yet!! I'd really like to get motivated to do some simple exercise during my time here in this thread. I think I am being lazy, but also, and this probably makes no sense, but in my mind I am still morbidly obese and incapable of physical exertion

Good luck everyone!
Hi Toowicky! Here's your motivation, like the ads say... Just do it! The first time is hard, but it gets easier. I promise! Pretty soon, you'll sense yourself getting stronger and you'll love it. Grab an iPod with some groovy tunes and just do something. I started by walking, then Zumba (love to dance!), then TRX and Barre classes. I like something that is a challenge and has fun music. The time just flies!

If you're worried about being too big, don't be. I started Zumba at almost 270lbs. I couldn't get through the first class, but I kept at it. Your muscles won't hurt for long. I think I had 2 or 3 days where I noticed that I "felt" my workout afterward. In the past, that would stop me right where I was and I never got past it to know that things got better. Just go for it and put a star on your calendar for every day you work out -- no matter how short a time. It's good to see your efforts pay off!

Last edited by AwShucks; 10-13-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWicky View Post
I haven't really tried to start working out yet!! I'd really like to get motivated to do some simple exercise during my time here in this thread. I think I am being lazy, but also, and this probably makes no sense, but in my mind I am still morbidly obese and incapable of physical exertion

Good luck everyone!
I can't recommend it enough! Not only to help with weight loss, but for the way it makes you FEEL. After my workout, I feel so much better about life; I can face anything, and nothing gets to me as much as it used to. And the sleep I get now...yowza. To think I thought what I used to do was sleeping.

I don't know how anybody else feels, but after a good hard workout I also feel better about my body in general. Like, I still know my limitations but I have so much more respect for what I *can* do and I have some respect for how far I have come already. I marvel at what a beautiful machine a body really is, and I revere our ability to heal ourselves.

Also, by strength training, I've been able to eat a LOT more calories while still losing. I ain't gonna lie, that's a big motivator.

Also, Welcome! I'm so glad to see you here!
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #15  
awesomeness.

S/C/G: 350-ish/ticker/199

Glad to see you TooWicky. I'm glad everyone is keeping up with their losses. I am down to 211, w00t. I can see a lot of toning going on too.
wishfuiiy is offline   Reply With Quote