Old 10-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Fired By My Coach

I honestly need some encouragement to go on with this diet. My IP coach fired me today. I haven't been to a weigh-in in a month, the first 3 weeks were because she failed to respond to any of my calls/texts/messages to set up an appt. Every week when I come in she wont schedule the following week's weigh-in, she tells me to text her, the front desk at this office do not touch her schedule so they refuse to help when you can't get ahold of her. So the majority of the time she doesn't respond to any texts, or calls, or facebook messages, so I don't know wtf Im suppose to do about that.

These past 2 weeks Ive had 4 friends/coworkers die, Ive had a lot of funerals to go to, its been really hard and really crappy that this has happened to so many people I know .

I don't feel that it was fair to fire me. What would you guys do in this situation? Hopefully Im allowed to go in and buy food, not sure, but I think I can. I would be more upset but Ive been crying all day after going to a funeral for one of my favorite coworkers so I don't have a lot of energy to flip out or anything, that's a good thing though!
AlaskanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

So sorry about the death of your friends. On top of that you didn't need the nasty coach.
From your stats it appears that you are only five pounds from goal. And then she decides to kick you out????

If you can go in and buy food I think you're better off without the coach who is never there anyway.

If that doesn't work out lots of people use alternative products very sucessfully. There are lots of threads about those.
You are so close to goal. Don't let this bubblehead throw you off track.

Last edited by patns; 10-13-2013 at 01:26 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:59 AM   #3  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

i agree with pat ... according to your ticker you are only 3 pounds from goal. I would forget your idiot coach and just do alternates and exercise more to lose those last 3 pounds.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 10-13-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

AlaskanRN *hugs* sorry for the loss of your friends..
You don't need your coach! You are near your goal and have the know how already. I fired my coach/clinic a few weeks ago. I've been doing a mix of IP and alternatives from near the start and switched to all alternatives. P2, P3 and P4 or maintenance protocol sheets can be found here and there is alot of people to support us here too. Hang in there, you can do it!!!
sonolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #5  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

I'm so sorry for your losses, that is an awful lot to deal with.

Your Coach is nuts. Every time I read about these crazy coaches I'm dumbfounded. My coach works very very closely with IP head office which happens to be where we are located and I wonder what they would think if they knew these extremely unprofessional people were operating this way.

I understand you may want a coach to help you through Phase 2 and esp Phase 3 - is there another one in your area by any chance?
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #6  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi AlaskanRN - I am so sorry for all of the loss and pain that's been around you lately. Sending hugs your way..

I agree with everyone here, your coach is an Idiot and she's doing you a favor. Although, you paid good money to join IP and you should have the right for support whether that's just a place where you get coached OR pick up your food. If you want the food, you have every right to forward them your stinkin' order. Grrr, this makes me so angry that this person gets away with treating you in this manner. May also be worth writing her up on Yelp or some kind of other forum.

What Phase are you in?

Good luck with whatever you decide honey!
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Ideal Protein Corporate wants to know about those bad coaches! Report her to headquarters. If she doesn't make herself available, there is no way for you to check in with her. Use the locator on the website to locate another clinic that might be a better fit for you. Here is a link:
http://www.idealprotein.com/us/home

Hugs to you for all you are going through right now. I hope your life smooths out from here on.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Default Thanks everyone!

Thank you for all your replies! I think with your support on here I can do this and as some of you said, there are alternatives and I can find the other phase program sheets here online.

There are other clinics who offer this program, I just hate to pay that $300 starting fee again when Ive already been doing this for many months, I am still in phase 1 after all these months, I will probably go ahead and go into phase 2 here soon.

Thanks to all of you for such good support!
AlaskanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
There are other clinics who offer this program, I just hate to pay that $300 starting fee again when Ive already been doing this for many months, I am still in phase 1 after all these months, I will probably go ahead and go into phase 2 here soon.
Explain what happened...maybe they'll take you on without a fee!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

With so little left to lose phase 2 should work well. Many people continue to lose on phase 2. At the end of the program is seems the change shakes up the body a bit and you lose. You are still in ketosis so it is not a big step.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

I'm so sorry for all your losses. I can't believe your coach would fire you!

Post a comment on their Facebook page. They seem to respond quite quickly to those, and may be able to get you into another clinic without having to pay the startup fee.
1LittleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Thank you for all your replies! I think with your support on here I can do this and as some of you said, there are alternatives and I can find the other phase program sheets here online.

Thanks to all of you for such good support!
Talk to the other clinics. They may be more than willing to transfer you in without new startup cost. Most businesses would be happy to get a new customer from one with poor customer service
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #13  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Talk to the other clinics. They may be more than willing to transfer you in without new startup cost. Most businesses would be happy to get a new customer from one with poor customer service
My clinic takes IP transfers for $30. I had a friend on IP who didn't follow protocol very well and was gaining weight. Her clinic told her if she gained 3 times she couldn't come back.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #14  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Wow I have no nice words about your coach. If you can't transfer you will do fine on alternatives you don't need that kind of "support" anyway.
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #15  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Ditto what EVERYONE has said Alaska...You can do this...YOU can do THIS!!
airportchick11 is offline   Reply With Quote