Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default October 2013 newbies

Hi everyone,

Looking for people who started IP in October to share the experience. I started on October 1st. Have had one weigh in so far and was down 6.6 pounds. So far, so good except a terrible headache since I started. I was seriously sugar addicted before I started and have been assured that the headache is part of the detox.

How has your IP start been?
Old 10-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi! Started October 5th and have my first weigh in on Monday! Let's hope it's a good one! Trying to get used to all the water and my constant trips to the bathroom. Other than that, no headaches or other side stuff....
Hang in there
Old 10-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #3  

Good luck with your weigh in! The headache won't discourage me, because I am in it to win it. Going to a wedding tomorrow, but I have a plan.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #4  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Three cheers for you October starters! I am rooting for you all. Stick with it, and you can go far!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #5  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi there! I just started on the 7th. My first weigh in will be Monday the 14th. My first day of the program, I was crazy hungry and super naseaus, but so excited to start that I didn't care. Day 2, big time headache and hunger. Day 3, no headache but just felt 'foggy'. Day 4, fine. Day 5, dodged a major potluck at work and dinner out at a restaurant that wasn't very accommodating, but I did not cheat and made it happen. Today, day 6, just fine. Getting a bit bored with my veggie selections and am searching the boards for inspiration and quick recipes. Making my shopping list tonight so I can prepare for next week. The biggest struggle I'm having is watching the hubby snack at night. I'm not hungry but one night it was popcorn, and tonight a chocolate bar. I don't want it but I want to punch him for eating it..lol (btw, I would NEVER punch my husband)
Like it was said before, I am a bit tired of going to the bathroom...constantly!!
Best of Luck to all of us November Newbies!!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

I started Oct 3 and was down 4.2 for my first weigh in. I was pretty pleases, and am feeling good on week two.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

Airport chick I. Always save my restricted food item for my snack at night. I don't feel deprived and am quite full afterwards. I also take a bag of crunchy restricted food to the movies so I am satisfied.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:32 AM   #8  

Wine4me, careful... You aren't suppose to eat your restricted food after dinner if you're eating it as a snack.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/151/142

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

I started IP Sept 29 (not technically October, but close enough I hope to join along with you all!).

First weigh in down -10.2 and about 5 inches
Second weigh in yesterday: down -0.2 and about 3 inches (they say when it's your TOM you lose less)

I've been pretty good about sticking to the plan strictly during the week, on the weekend not so much... But I'm hoping that since today starts the first week of me choosing my own snacks I'll be better!! Starting each day with a chocolate pancake should help keep the afternoon sweet cravings away, right??

Good luck to everyone!! We can all do this!
Old 10-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Hi!

I started Oct 7th. My first weigh in is this Monday - Oct 14th. I think I lost weight but not sure how much. I have not cheated at all. It is alot of thinking ahead and prepping but I am getting there.

My office had us buy the first week a sampler - and I am down to the drink mixes and HATE them. I rather eat then drink my food - do you think I could have 2 eggs for breakfast instead of a drink packet?

What foods does everyone like so far? I like the choco soy puffs, mushroom and chicken soup, and cheddar ridges.

Anyone in the Northern VA - DC metro area?
Old 10-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #11  

Hi everyone,

So glad to find other people currently going through the beginning stage!

Avalon, thank you for the encouragement. Congrats on your successes.

To address some of the comments, I am not really that hungry- just right before bed or sometimes during the weekend days. I drink more water or a cup of cinnamon herbal tea. Which brings me to the many trips to the Loo, not easy because I am a teacher. I have been running there in between every class!
My clinic did the same intro pack, but I am the opposite- I would rather drink my food. They gave me 7 soups, not my fav. I think I read that a packet was 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, but check on the threads with veterans. My favorite foods so far are: banana strawberry smoothie drink, the strawberry wafer cookies, the herb and cheese omelet with added veggies, chocolate soy puffs, wild berry yogurt drink and I did not mind the chicken soups. Least favorite- the rice cereal and the rotini pasta.

Interesting that my clinic did not put any parameters on restricted foods. They just said eat 3 packets, only one restricted. What have your coaches said?

My headache seems better today . I am off to a wedding. Made myself the designated driver and ordered beef. I am going to ask for it plain. I am also going to eat all 3 IP meals before I go (night wedding), so I am not hungry or tempted. Think I will bring some herbal tea bags too.

Hope that all of you have a great day. Laura
Old 10-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/151/142

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Hi!

I started Oct 7th. My first weigh in is this Monday - Oct 14th. I think I lost weight but not sure how much. I have not cheated at all. It is alot of thinking ahead and prepping but I am getting there.

My office had us buy the first week a sampler - and I am down to the drink mixes and HATE them. I rather eat then drink my food - do you think I could have 2 eggs for breakfast instead of a drink packet?

What foods does everyone like so far? I like the choco soy puffs, mushroom and chicken soup, and cheddar ridges.

Anyone in the Northern VA - DC metro area?

Hey LUCCILOVE!

Good luck tomorrow! The fruity drink packets are about 18-19g of protein and 1-2g carbs (pineapple/banana, blueberry-cran, orange, yogurt) , the chocolate drink mix has a bit more carbs in it. Most of the data for the packets are in MyFitnessPal if you use that to track what you eat, so you can compare different foods if you're trying to make a swap!

I personally really enjoy the puddings, especially the banana kind. I'm weird and love that horribly fake sweet banana flavor!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Hi!

ChubbySister - thanks for the info and your encouragement. It is helpful to me! I am a little nervous for the weigh in as it was my first week and I had my time of the month--not fun. We will see

I sucked it up and drank the pineapple and banana-I took the advice of another member not to cheat so early so I didnt.

Slipfree-have fun at the wedding!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #14  

Way to go Luccilove! Don't worry about your weigh in, toM stinks and the scale will read water weight. Just keep focusing on what you are doing right

Funny story- near the last days of my first week. I went into a semi dark kitchen at 6:00 am. Grabbed the packet I had set on the counter, added cold water and shook it up. As I put the drink up to take a sip, I caught a whiff and thought - this smells disgusting. Drank anyway. Ugh! I had made the chicken soup with cold water. No way was I going to drink it hot at 6:00 am. So I plugged my nose and chugged it down.
Proud of you for hanging tough
Old 10-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4

Smile

Hi all!! I have my 1st appt tomorrow to get started on the IP diet (aka...write a check). I'm super excited !! Hope I can join in with your stat updates. I've been doing a little research via web and it seems there are more positive than negative posts regarding this diet. This will be my 1st diet ever.
Looking forward to seeing how everyone progresses !
Closed Thread