South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default "What's Up?!" Weekend on the Beach 10/12-13

Good morning chicks! I see Ruth poking around on here, wonder if she'll post before I do?!

Alas ~it is a beautiful morning, I'm kinda wishing that the pop up would've collapsed yesterday. Last night, not so much! It was a damp yucky evening. My DD and I went shopping to make up for it...I do believe I have a shopper on my hands. Uh-oh.

I think DH searched for fall festivals to go to instead today, I have no idea what's in store. I know if we don't, I have a few cabinets that need some straightening up and a book that needs finished.

OH! and in my shopping last night, found Butter Toffee coffee at a great price!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I was poking around knocking off spammers. that's always a good start to my morning! Tammy, if you leave right now you can catch the afternoon activities at the Old Stone Mill - grinding, rope making, corn shelling, silent auction and maybe a late lunch in the cafe!

I have coffee in hand and am just waiting for my drugs to kick in and make my back functional. Then I'm off to crank up the bake sale and produce sale. I plan to just sit and rake in the $$$ and do so only until noon. I go to my sister's for TD dinner tonight and she will be expecting me to be perky so a nap will have to happen. It's going to 74º this afternoon and I'd love to be outside but a nap will have to come first.

Enjoy your day, whatever it brings.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Tammy, I don't know what your weather was like yesterday, but it absolutely poured here the entire day. This sure doesn't seem like good camping weather at all, and I think you all made a good call to cancel your plans.

I ended up having to take Dad to be admitted to the hospital yesterday, so they can better monitor him to find out what's been causing him to have frequent black-out spells, and spent most of the day with him. So I'm going to try again today to make my vegetable soup between visits to him. Other than that, I know Jake said we needed to go to Home Depot, but I forget what for.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage, I hope your dad is okay. Does a man need to have a list to go to Home Depot?!

Ruth, I really must get a passport, but with the shutdown I probably won't do that any time soon!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I'm working this afternoon. DH will pick me up after my shift so we can head straight to a surprise party for a friend turning 60. The good news is we'll be late so while we'll miss the "surprise" we won't have to park blocks away as directed in the invitation! Last night we went to the pet store to pick up a few things to include in the Halloween care package we will send to DS2 next week. Gotta include something for our grand-puppy. And DS is not a sweet lover so its a challenge to fill the box. He certainly didn't inherit his taste buds from me.

Have a great weekend.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Nice and sunny again here today (what a run of great weather!!) and I'm sipping my coffee while waiting for the Bean Muffins to come out of the oven. I've never tried the muffins and am looking forward to them.

Ruth, I have a turkey breast in the freezer, maybe I'll have to cook it this weekend in your honor. Be sure to get your nap today.

Cottage, hope your Dad is ok and you get to make your soup.

Tammy, I would also whimp out on camping in the rain- good call! Hope your day is fun and relaxing no matter what you end up doing.

Karen, have fun at the party!

Time to refresh the coffee.

Last edited by Beth19; 10-12-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wow chatty chicks this morning, must be the weather.

Tammy I thought I was the only one without a passport. It is on my bucket list n case I win a trip to Italy or some place tropical.

Ruth take it easy today, but have fun.

Beth I did make Thanksgiving dinner in Ruth and Sophie's honor last night. Oh so good. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes (none for me), acorn squash, green beans and gravy really hit the spot. I have worked the past two Thanksgivings so just in case I miss it again this year we had it last night. DS and his GF really enjoyed it.

Linda I hope your dad is Ok. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen enjoy the party.

DS is off to work soon if he ever gets his bony butt moving! Not stressing about it. The good mom got up made him breakfast and lunch to take with him. This was my only day to sleep in, guess not. Today I have the house to myself and plan on catching up with the DVR while peddling in the living room. Put the bike on the trainer early this year. Once the leaves start falling I get nervous I might too so it is safer to be indoors, and warm

Otherwise just getting ready for my long week at work and making school lunches/breakfasts for DS. I am such a wild woman lol

Hi to Natasha....hope you are enjoying your new home
Old 10-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good weekend to ya beachers!

Yes, once again, I am back. After weeks and weeks of being totally and utterly off plan and caving in to emotional eating (I haven't gained any real weight and have lost 5 since the surgery - which I attribute to drinking tons of water), I am back. Phase 1 for us!

We're having some difficulty though coming up with lunches. I am still home and unemployed but DW works and for the life of us, other than Taco Bake leftovers (we're having fish and crack slaw for the week - none of which she likes as leftovers) and salad, we can't think of any good lunches!

Have a great weekend all!
Old 10-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning! We just finished a late, lazy breakfast and are now trying to figure out what to do with our day. Our plan was a trip to a local pumpkin patch, but the weather has not cooperated. It's wet and yucky and tramping through a wet, muddy farm field with a 2 year old sounds horrible. I guess it may end up being a quiet day at home after all.

Jenne: Hi! Welcome back! I have just returned myself and am getting back into the swing of things.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #10  

Jenn how about soups or chili for lunch? The crockpot has replaced diamonds as a girl's best friend lol. This time of year I have soup with two turkey roll ups (slice turkey rolled up with either Swiss or provolone with a pickle in the middle)

Last edited by jekel383; 10-12-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

good idea jekel! Thanks!

(DW hates soup - well the kind with veggies in it anyway!)
Old 10-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Home from a lovely three days in Gloucester and not anxious to get back to the grind. I realized just how much I need to slow down and enjoy life more. That means a job change. I knew when I took this one again that it was temporary and it's clear that it's served its purpose and time is up. Now just hoping I will find something with all the economic uncertainly. For the first time in my life I really want a job I can go to for 8 hours and leave there when i'm done. I want someone else to make the big decisions so I can just be a worker bee. I've got some personal projects I want to focus on, including some that may lead to new work down the road, and I don't want a draining job anymore. Time will tell.

Twynn - I picked up an enhanced ID for going to Canada, it's just a high tech driver's license but the state motor vehicle issues it. I wonder if those are effected?

Okay, I'm going to make banana pudding for dessert (a new recipe) and get some chores done around here so tomorrow is quite so crazy.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! So much for working until noon! The person who was to spell me for the P.M. turned out to be a teen working off her volunteer hours - math was not her strongpoint so I had to hang around watching her struggle to make change. Never try to pay for a $6.50 item with $11.50 with the young generation.

Anyhow, I just got home, kicked off my shoes and fed the darling dogs who have been here on their own since 7:45 this morning. The back door was open for the yard but the water dish was empty/ I hope I can handle the guilt as I'm about to put my shoes back on, take two more Tylenol and head for Joan's farm and the family craziness for 6 PM. I can hardly wait to smell the turkey!

Hope your Saturday was fun! Mine was fun but I will sure be ready for bed tonight!
Old 10-13-2013, 04:37 AM   #14  

Good morning just a quick fly by before leaving for work. Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm sitting here savoring my Pumpkin Spice coffee and listening to the rain drumming against the windows on this cozy, stay-in, morning. I do have to venture out a bit later for some groceries, and go up to the hospital to visit Dad, but for now I'm happy to curl up under a quilt and have a lazy start to the day.

Who wants to join me?
Closed Thread